Grunt !

Started by Thor, July 12, 2017, 01:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor

Couldn't find a topic on this but I was wondering what most people consider the best Grunt material, be it full length, split or ep.
I don't think I can actually throw in a straight answer myself since I really like most of Mikko's material, maybe the Schoolyard Bruises material or Petturien Rooli but I also really like his last full length, Myth of Blood.

Edit: Seems this has become the go to thread for all grunt related discussion, which is good, thread name updated accordingly.

F_c_O

Either welfare 7" or Terror & Degeneration.

Leatherface

thetenthousandthings

Deadpriest

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

JuhoN

Thor

Wish FA would press some of the canon releases on lp(such as PR, SoD or T&D)

Deadpriest

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Baglady

Installation Of Blood And Steel and disc 2 of Seer Of Decay.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Thor on July 12, 2017, 12:44:14 PM

There was Terror and Degeneration as two separate LP's in 2005. This material could have been good album back in late 90's, but it somehow scattered into various releases. Most stuff was recorded roughly same time, but there was two tracks on Addicted 7" long delayed by Japanese label. Terror was supposed to be 7" on USA label that got cancelled. Some material of era was sent to Terror compilation for Spastik Soniks that never came out. Eventually some of the stuff or different versions was put out as Terror & Degeneration CDR, that got done on tape by Dead Rats label. Finally in 2005 as two separate LP's with some formerly unreleased tracks/versions of same sessions. All that made to CD reissue. Still having "addicted" 7" material and Terror compilation tracks on it, would make it sort of "all included" complete album. Just consider that having so many different versions already, makes one more reissue little awkward...

PR and SoD are too long to be proper vinyl releases. Tapes, possibly, but even then Seer of Decay track lengths makes it very hard to put it on sides of tape that would make sense on length. There probably exists bunch of unreleased of "rare" material of 2nd disc sessions. RRR's Recycled tape + some tracks that didn't fit on disc.

New album is already recorded and waiting to be released, which is my personal favorite of course. It is more like last few Grunt albums that have really been from beginning to end made to be proper album, while many things in past are "collections of tracks" that were done roughly in same period of time.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Otomo_Hava

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on July 13, 2017, 11:04:11 AM
Quote from: Thor on July 12, 2017, 12:44:14 PM

There was Terror and Degeneration as two separate LP's in 2005. This material could have been good album back in late 90's, but it somehow scattered into various releases. Most stuff was recorded roughly same time, but there was two tracks on Addicted 7" long delayed by Japanese label. Terror was supposed to be 7" on USA label that got cancelled. Some material of era was sent to Terror compilation for Spastik Soniks that never came out. Eventually some of the stuff or different versions was put out as Terror & Degeneration CDR, that got done on tape by Dead Rats label. Finally in 2005 as two separate LP's with some formerly unreleased tracks/versions of same sessions. All that made to CD reissue. Still having "addicted" 7" material and Terror compilation tracks on it, would make it sort of "all included" complete album. Just consider that having so many different versions already, makes one more reissue little awkward...

PR and SoD are too long to be proper vinyl releases. Tapes, possibly, but even then Seer of Decay track lengths makes it very hard to put it on sides of tape that would make sense on length. There probably exists bunch of unreleased of "rare" material of 2nd disc sessions. RRR's Recycled tape + some tracks that didn't fit on disc.

New album is already recorded and waiting to be released, which is my personal favorite of course. It is more like last few Grunt albums that have really been from beginning to end made to be proper album, while many things in past are "collections of tracks" that were done roughly in same period of time.

Excited, as always, to hear a forthcoming Grunt album's coming and i will look forward to bying it and see his direction(s) takes in, even if i found Myth Of Blood kinda mediocre but with realy good elements and sound snippets and ideas. Don't get me wrong, my Grunt's favourite album is World Draped In A Camouflage because of the new and daring steps Mikko taking with sound process and manipulations winning his challenge of refreshing his project and i don't think i may see a W.D.I.A.C sequel to top it or copying from it.

manuelM

deathcamp

Album: World Draped In A Camouflage
Short format: Dead Beauty 7" EP.

Thor

QuotePR and SoD are too long to be proper vinyl releases. Tapes, possibly, but even then Seer of Decay track lengths makes it very hard to put it on sides of tape that would make sense on length. There probably exists bunch of unreleased of "rare" material of 2nd disc sessions. RRR's Recycled tape + some tracks that didn't fit on disc.
Well that sucks. I was really clinging to the hope of these two eventually being pressed in wax.  
That being said, I really don't see the problem with putting PR on dlp and SoD would indeed become a constant side-flipper of a larger set but nothing that couldn't be done. Given that these two are in fact two of Grunt's most praised efforts.
Great news about the new album though, just keeping the same vocal style as from last albums is enough to keep me interested.