Harsh Noise App available from the Google Play Store

Started by redvenicerecords, May 30, 2017, 03:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redvenicerecords

Create A Combination Of Random Low And High Frequencies As A Pre-Pedal Sound Source.

This application provides a sound source for all digital noise compositions.

By plugging your device, at headphone jack, into a pedal chain then running your fingers along the touch screen digital noise music could not be simpler to produce.

Create the sounds of Merzbow, Throbbing Gristle and Whitehouse in seconds.

DOWNLOAD APP FREE HERE

redvenicerecords

Quote from: Peterson on May 30, 2017, 09:27:39 PM
Now I'll just ditch my equipment and techniques so I can start making "easy noise" just like you. While I'm at it, I'll trade my scissors and glue in for photoshop and call it a day on physical releases as well.

noise is easy. how much equipment you have to make that hard noise? what are these quantum mechanical techniques you use haha? :)

redvenicerecords

Quote from: theotherjohn on May 30, 2017, 10:38:25 PM
That's the spirit!

I've just given it a try - pretty much does what it says, although it would be good to have more "background" noise tracks than just an overtly digital stutter sound, and maybe a better visual counterpart could help too. The noise keeps playing even if you leave that app (much like a music player app), so you actually have to close it off - intentional? I messed around with it for about 20 seconds or so, before I got bored. Small 1MB download and unintrusive (no special permissions).

Overall, it's a cute promotional tool/idea, but so far an ineffective one - needs more fidget spinner and shittyflute.

"The noise keeps playing even if you leave that app (much like a music player app)" thats not my app doing that? weird, its programmed to shut off after your fingers leaves the touch pad.

Did you try it through any pedals?

thanks for downloading.

Dyecap

I think its pretty cute.
You going to develop it some more?
Multi touch?
Portamento?
Reminds I of the psychflute app a little. Which is a goodun.

redvenicerecords

Quote from: Dyecap on May 31, 2017, 12:04:50 PM
I think its pretty cute.
You going to develop it some more?
Multi touch?
Portamento?
Reminds I of the psychflute app a little. Which is a goodun.

Hi yes, that was my first app I'm working on a synth now but yeah will probably update the harshnoiseapp as I learn more android code etc. Thanks for downloading :)

Euro Trash Bazooka

Well, I don't like it. I really want to like harsh noise because I love harsh sounds but I hate 99% of the harsh noise I hear because it sounds bad, too digital, or made with poorly-sounding, non-warm/analogic instruments. And I think that app fuels that trend. It's an interesting idea though.

If anyone has nice-sounding noise recommendations (made with modular synths or recorded in proper studios for instance), I'm all ears..
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

collapsedhole

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on June 01, 2017, 01:52:31 PM
If anyone has nice-sounding noise recommendations (made with modular synths or recorded in proper studios for instance), I'm all ears..

"nice sounding noise", "proper studio"? i don't know whether to laugh or cry. though the idea of GX bringing an amplified hole puncher into a recording studio that would cost hundreds of dollars an hour to rent amuses me. interesting comment coming from someone whose user name references a Gero title...

as for the app - soulless crappy basic noise has always been easy to make. thankfully i don't know how to use apps or smartphones but it sounds like a fun toy, i'll have to show it to my 12 year old... seems kinda like those toy guitars they give kids to get them interested in music... as long as he doesn't try to "start a band" with the sole member being his phone...

FreakAnimalFinland

I guess it's merely confusion of using certain words... Put in context of:
Quoteit sounds bad, too digital, or made with poorly-sounding, non-warm/(non-?)analogic instruments.

Which is easy to agree, if one would explain that glitchy flat digital phone-app harsh noise is the shitty one, and crunchy fat and colorful harsh blast is good one. Latter one doesn't require "nice studio". Perhaps exact opposite. Only certain vision, taste and know-how.

I think on my label, there is basically on harsh noise recording made in studio. That is TESTICLE HAZARD CD. It was intentionally made as attempt to make real studio harsh noise with loud amplifiers. Rest is "home made".

Most of stuff I have recorded this year, is done on old JVC tape deck. Either with stereo microphones or left/right line in. Sound is better than almost any device what have used for long time. Sound is unlike any 4-track I have and totally unlike any digital recorder. It is curious to see that investment of 5 euro for seemingly shitty tape deck suddenly makes things turn great. I wouldn't expect same for any app.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zodiac

Remember, remember... december.

Euro Trash Bazooka

Old tape decks sound great and warm. Noisier punk records with tons of distortion recorded at Our House or Noise Room studios in Japan sound great as well (even some noisecore stuff like Sete Star Sept or Penis Geyser who recorded things out there.)

By "nice" I mean people who take their time to record their stuff well or in decent conditions (and you don't need studios that cost hundreds of dollars per hour for that but more than just an iPhone or your laptop's line-in input.) Maybe you haven't seen or heard harsh noise played on modular synths, forgot that Merzbow used devices like DATs (digital, yes, but crisp sounding) at a time where they weren't very easily available or that earlier noise artists didn't always have access to home-recorders to record their music.

I don't know, I just don't like half-assed things. The majority of Juntaro's recordings and concepts sound less half-assed than most of today's noise to my ears.

Mikko, thanks for your recommendation. I'll check it out.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Zodiac

Quote from: Peterson on June 01, 2017, 08:16:38 PM
Quote from: Staalwaart on June 01, 2017, 05:42:14 PM
I hate your fucking app and i hate you.

Well, screw my attempts at politeness and sarcasm, there it is.

Regarding noise being easy, in the ideal examples, I disagree entirely...nothing easy in life is ever satisfying, with the possible exceptions of jacking off, watching movies and drinking beer. For that quality in noise, look to giallo HNW.

No need for quantum techniques, but a little effort and an innovative mindset is definitely always preferable over a fucking phone toy.

You are welcome and i put my hands down for anything else you did write here. There is no fun in "easy".
Remember, remember... december.

redvenicerecords

Regarding noise being easy, in the ideal examples, I disagree entirely...nothing easy in life is ever satisfying, with the possible exceptions of jacking off, watching movies and drinking beer. For that quality in noise, look to giallo HNW.

No need for quantum techniques, but a little effort and an innovative mindset is definitely always preferable over a fucking phone toy.

Hence why you attempts at noise......are shite.

ChrisTaff

Quote from: redvenicerecords on June 01, 2017, 09:44:02 PM

Hence why you attempts at noise......are shite.

Someone's hurt in the butt because his shit digital noise app isn't popular.

ChrisTaff

It's his wife I'm worried for as he likes to take it out on her.