Special Interest
June 06, 2020, 09:51:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: AUSTRALIA - Industrial / noise  (Read 15954 times)
Eastern Embargo

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2019, 05:50:41 PM »

Gotta say, hella funny what a bunch of fakers Armour Group turned out to be. Between Harriet being a narcissistic psychopath (i.e. smashing Luke Holland's synth, driving her car into the back of his, the list goes on) and Luke Holland bootlegging Agonal Lust cassettes to support a drug habit, it looks like they burned out real quick.

Yikes, hope both get help. In the meantime, Trapdoor Tapes is releasing a masonna/controlled death split tape soon according to Yamazaki himself. Maybe not completely burnt out yet..
CMSFoundation
moderate user

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2019, 01:03:01 AM »

Might be an opportunity to mention my label Index Clean, though as a lurker around here I'm increasingly aware it may be of only peripheral interest. Not really three-hole balaclava territory, you know? I'm based in Melbourne, though I've started releasing material from O/S folk also. Did a recent batch of 3LPs and a compact disc. Samples and other information can be found here. I've learned through this process that attempting to sell vinyl to people overseas from Australia is a fraught proposition at best in 2019 - regardless I'll be continuing to release material (albeit on more postage-friendly formats) in the future.

Thanks to Dan Gilmore at Careful Catalog, I'm able in the US to check out your work, Mark. I bought the Von Einem tapes, flipped, came back for a few tapes, and will be getting the three latest LP from CC come next paycheck. I'll also be sending you some money for the Absurd Cosmos Late Nite 2CD set. The tape "The White Drifters" has been in my tape deck non-stop for several weeks now.

For folks looking for comparisons, there's elements of PE/true-crime stuff here, but with a sound palette similar to the later Shadow Ring albums, and even Robert Ashley's operas (and pieces like "Purposeful Woman Slow Afternoon"). Also a lot of dry humor and outright absurdity. Grim, determined, absurdist, detached, and also attached. Fans of J. Peterson's releases *really* need to give Mark's projects Von Einem, Red Wine & Sugar, and Absurd Cosmos Late Nite a try.
Force Neurotic
Heavy user

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2019, 01:26:45 AM »

Jesus, that's a huge compliment. Thanks. I strongly vouch for everything Index Clean has put out, especially Mark's projects. I'd go as far as to say those unfamiliar are straight up missing out. Goes way beyond music, genres, etc into audio art and storytelling territory.

Oh, and you might see something from yours truly in the future, but still tentative. ;)

minimal.impact

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2019, 02:50:58 AM »

Short plug - I've just listed a small amount of noise and industrial related tapes on Discogs. Check the classifieds post for a complete list

https://www.discogs.com/seller/StranglerFig/profile

http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=9802.0

eyesofsatan

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2019, 05:37:51 AM »

Might be an opportunity to mention my label Index Clean, though as a lurker around here I'm increasingly aware it may be of only peripheral interest. Not really three-hole balaclava territory, you know? I'm based in Melbourne, though I've started releasing material from O/S folk also. Did a recent batch of 3LPs and a compact disc. Samples and other information can be found here. I've learned through this process that attempting to sell vinyl to people overseas from Australia is a fraught proposition at best in 2019 - regardless I'll be continuing to release material (albeit on more postage-friendly formats) in the future.

Came to Index Clean through the Von Einem collection, which is one of my favorite things I've heard as far as contemporary P.E. goes. Always keen to see what the label / you are up to. Got the Of Habit LP recently and really enjoyed it.

Leatherface
user

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2019, 10:47:19 AM »

Came to Index Clean through the Von Einem collection, which is one of my favorite things I've heard as far as contemporary P.E. goes. Always keen to see what the label / you are up to. Got the Of Habit LP recently and really enjoyed it.

Try Arum Lilies, Von Einem's side-project:

https://soundcloud.com/death-continues-records/arum-lilies-the-maniac

eyesofsatan

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2019, 06:26:47 PM »

Try Arum Lilies, Von Einem's side-project:

https://soundcloud.com/death-continues-records/arum-lilies-the-maniac

Saw this earlier in the thread and checked it out, really good - will be gripping the CD.

deutscheasphalt
Heavy user

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2019, 02:04:24 AM »

I've got Index Clean 01 & 02 CDs still available. Anyone interested just shoot me DM or e-mail.

minimal.impact

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2019, 03:03:01 AM »

If anyone is interested in the live side of things, I've been doing a bit to record many of the demonstrations, gigs, whatever you want to call them in the Brisbane area as of late. The sound is pretty quiet so maybe turn up the volume.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmxntkUm0rFXYIx1g9J-ssg

morbid_dyspepsia

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2019, 10:07:11 AM »

YES! Thank-you for the video links Tristan !

Here's the radio show with Pat O'Brien and Luke Holland:
https://www.rrr.org.au/explore/programs/o-tomorrow/episodes/8856-o-tomorrow-28-august-2019
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:58:14 AM by morbid_dyspepsia » Logged
FallOfNature
user

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2019, 12:29:29 AM »

Pretty sure Totenrune will be dropping some really good stuff in near future.

I think so, yeah. Karl's stuff has been great so far, and I'm happy to see someone pulling it back down into the gutter.

I've had a few people ask about activity lately, there's a split 7" and 4 compilation tracks out before/around year's end on various labels and formats.
minimal.impact

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2020, 04:38:10 AM »

Essential Minerals, anyone? I've been jamming some of the youtube stuff all morning. Picks of the bunch I've found so far are CC, The Year of the Sex Olympics, Troth and and Faecal Flower.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV5aHeuMOaRVNbU3AwitB0g/videos

absoluten calfeutrail
moderate user

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2020, 06:03:46 AM »

My favourite Essential Minerals release remains the LG self titled cassette from 2015:

http://essentialmineralstapes.bandcamp.com/album/untitled

It's a shame the 2019 release Dysfunctional Aesthetics contains none of the damaged tape gunk of that glorious 2015 work. The Stasis Duo release from 2015 is really great too, and from the 2019 batch I like the Raum duo recording - especially the ultra spare B-side piece. Definitely one of the more interesting Australian labels currently - maybe a little indebted to Breakdance The Dawn?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 06:06:19 AM by absoluten calfeutrail » Logged
minimal.impact

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2020, 06:53:34 AM »

Definitely one of the more interesting Australian labels currently - maybe a little indebted to Breakdance The Dawn?

It's come out of the same climate, and I believe there is a crossover between the persons responsible for releases on both labels. Saw LG live last year and thought the set dragged on a bit, but that may just be me. The Dysfunctional Aesthetics tape and this set were both a fair bit clearer, pushing into the ethereal realm.

Raum I think are also one of those groups that translate better to a solo listening experience. Wasn't a fan of the couple of live sets I've seen, but the recorded material was a pleasure to hear.

FallOfNature
user

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2020, 09:12:43 AM »

A friend's project just got a nice pro tape reissue

https://nihilisticnoisepropaganda.bandcamp.com/album/a-chained-victim
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: