AUSTRALIA - Industrial / noise

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, May 27, 2017, 02:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accidental

Recently i got the Armour Group Purge tape on Future Archaic. The channel levels are abit uneven, on the A side the right channel is significantly lower and on the B side it's reversed (left channel is lower). The quiet channel is not totally dead but it's bad enough that it take potential power away from the music. Power that i feel this tape need. Anyone else have this tape with the same problem? How's the sound on vinyl, does it also suffer from this?

trapdoortapes

Quote from: accidental on August 09, 2017, 10:11:49 AM
Recently i got the Armour Group Purge tape on Future Archaic. The channel levels are abit uneven, on the A side the right channel is significantly lower and on the B side it's reversed (left channel is lower). The quiet channel is not totally dead but it's bad enough that it take potential power away from the music. Power that i feel this tape need. Anyone else have this tape with the same problem? How's the sound on vinyl, does it also suffer from this?

No. Vinyl was mastered by James Plotkin and does not suffer the issues of Future Archaic's cassette duplication.

morbid_dyspepsia

Found Remains

New releases from Trapdoor Tapes are available now!

Armour Group/Isomer's Desire To Fight
Flagellatio Orgasmus/Pain Appendix's Degenerate Elektroniks
Grim's Primary Pulse
Inflated Climax's S/T
Penis Skin Exhibition's S/T
School for Cadavers's Re Education

www.foundremains.com

Electro Surgeon

There are heaps of good noise acts playing in Sydney right now.

Many slowly morphing from the punk scene, its common now to see a punk gig with a noise act playing

Sydney also played host to the Inner West Noise Fest in feb which saw 16 experimental/noise acts all on the same bill.

Government Alpha, Black leather Jesus, and Torturing Nurse have all done split releases with Sydney acts.

Soon a new worldwide LP comp is coming out on a Sydney label with THE HATERS, TORTURING NURSE, MILAT (SYDNEY) , BESPOKE DECAY (MELBOURNE) DYSTERHET (SYDNEY)

There is a new Australian/Indonesian noise comp out now too

Check out these Australian noise acts

MILAT  the most brutal noise act out of Sydney
DYSTERHET harsh noise from Sydney
SCAB mysterious recording project from inner city of Sydney
DEATHSAW 2 homeless persons and their case workers..harsh junk noise
BESPOKE DECAY  analog junk noise filth from Melbourne
OOILOU  female fronted chaotic clarinet noise
BASS TRAITOR  two bass players and laters of power electronics

INNERCITY UPRISING RECORDS
AUSTRALIAN NOISE AND PUNK

CannibalRitual

Something tells me one wouldn't need to say his project is the most brutal one. If it was, then people would just know about it...  So instead it seems it's more like the most hyped one.

Andrew McIntosh

Some links would have been appreciated, as Google wasn't very helpful for those band/project names.

Bespoke Decay sound good on their Bandcamp page; nice thick, gritty sound on "Meat is Gross".

Bass Traitor more like run-of-the-mill doomdrone kind of stuff, not my bag.

I'm just pleased to see more projects coming up from around here.
Shikata ga nai.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Gotta say, hella funny what a bunch of fakers Armour Group turned out to be. Between Harriet being a narcissistic psychopath (i.e. smashing Luke Holland's synth, driving her car into the back of his, the list goes on) and Luke Holland bootlegging Agonal Lust cassettes to support a drug habit, it looks like they burned out real quick.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

holy ghost

Frankly that's about the best byline for a noise band you could write in 2019

"She smashed her car into his and destroyed his synth! He's bootlegging tapes to support a drug habit! Limited to 100 copies with rose tinted cassette shells and download card"

sterilization

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on May 05, 2019, 04:38:22 PM
Gotta say, hella funny what a bunch of fakers Armour Group turned out to be. Between Harriet being a narcissistic psychopath (i.e. smashing Luke Holland's synth, driving her car into the back of his, the list goes on) and Luke Holland bootlegging Agonal Lust cassettes to support a drug habit, it looks like they burned out real quick.

Not to mention that he has actually been ripping people off occasionally by not sending out orders and breaking contact. He got me for $80.

absoluten calfeutrail

Might be an opportunity to mention my label Index Clean, though as a lurker around here I'm increasingly aware it may be of only peripheral interest. Not really three-hole balaclava territory, you know? I'm based in Melbourne, though I've started releasing material from O/S folk also. Did a recent batch of 3LPs and a compact disc. Samples and other information can be found here. I've learned through this process that attempting to sell vinyl to people overseas from Australia is a fraught proposition at best in 2019 - regardless I'll be continuing to release material (albeit on more postage-friendly formats) in the future.

FallOfNature

Bespoke Decay is worth keeping an eye on, improving with every release. His collage works are quite good, too.

FallOfNature

Quote from: absoluten calfeutrail on May 06, 2019, 04:10:13 AM
Might be an opportunity to mention my label Index Clean, though as a lurker around here I'm increasingly aware it may be of only peripheral interest. Not really three-hole balaclava territory, you know? I'm based in Melbourne, though I've started releasing material from O/S folk also. Did a recent batch of 3LPs and a compact disc. Samples and other information can be found here. I've learned through this process that attempting to sell vinyl to people overseas from Australia is a fraught proposition at best in 2019 - regardless I'll be continuing to release material (albeit on more postage-friendly formats) in the future.

Recently discovered your label via the Von Einem discography CD set. I'll check out the rest.

Eastern Embargo

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on May 05, 2019, 04:38:22 PM

Yikes, hope both get help. In the meantime, Trapdoor Tapes is releasing a masonna/controlled death split tape soon according to Yamazaki himself. Maybe not completely burnt out yet..

CMSFoundation

Quote from: absoluten calfeutrail on May 06, 2019, 04:10:13 AM

Thanks to Dan Gilmore at Careful Catalog, I'm able in the US to check out your work, Mark. I bought the Von Einem tapes, flipped, came back for a few tapes, and will be getting the three latest LP from CC come next paycheck. I'll also be sending you some money for the Absurd Cosmos Late Nite 2CD set. The tape "The White Drifters" has been in my tape deck non-stop for several weeks now.

For folks looking for comparisons, there's elements of PE/true-crime stuff here, but with a sound palette similar to the later Shadow Ring albums, and even Robert Ashley's operas (and pieces like "Purposeful Woman Slow Afternoon"). Also a lot of dry humor and outright absurdity. Grim, determined, absurdist, detached, and also attached. Fans of J. Peterson's releases *really* need to give Mark's projects Von Einem, Red Wine & Sugar, and Absurd Cosmos Late Nite a try.