AUSTRALIA - Industrial / noise

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, May 27, 2017, 02:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapdoortapes

Quote from: collapsedhole on June 20, 2017, 04:24:37 PM
Quote from: WCN on June 20, 2017, 12:13:06 AM
NECKHOLD

they recorded and sent a master for an LP on Trash Ritual but soon after the label ceased activity and it was shelved. the brothers turner several times said they would mail it to me to release as a cassette on collapsed hole noise, along with new material, but nothing ever arrived. still hoping a package shows up at my door someday...

Give up hope on that package. Another Australian project that is no longer active. We pulled them out of inactivity to play a show in 2015 with Armour Group. The first live show they had done in several years. They have disappeared again and I don't hold much hope in seeing any live performances or recordings from them in the future.

Here is the documentation of the show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSWdtSafb4c

collapsedhole

^thanks for the vid. very different from the sets i witnessed... out of practice perhaps. all the sets i saw were like a mixture of GOAT & XOME... could've/should've/would've recorded them.

i'd love to pry that master off chris/TR, i think he even said he had the plates made. i'd release it, as a tribute if nothing more... i had a lot of great times hanging with those guys. lets do a Neckhold fan boxset, maybe they'll catch wind and re-appear with the killer unreleased material you know they're sitting on!

Potier

Does anybody know what happened to Mazurka Editions? All internet presence seems to have died...

BTR

Quote from: Potier on June 22, 2017, 08:44:53 PM
Does anybody know what happened to Mazurka Editions? All internet presence seems to have died...

Became Vienna Press.

https://vienna-press.tumblr.com

absurdexposition

From a comment on Discogs: "Mazurka was finalised for both personal and aesthetic reasons. Please see Vienna Press if you are interested in current and future curatorial interests. Jarrod."
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

trapdoortapes

probably the least interesting of this entire thread

Quote from: absurdexposition on June 22, 2017, 08:52:28 PM

From a comment on Discogs: "Mazurka was finalised for both personal and aesthetic reasons. Please see Vienna Press if you are interested in current and future curatorial interests. Jarrod."

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Browning Mummery
Negative Reaction

Both should be reissued on CD or LP

isomer

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on June 24, 2017, 01:13:10 PM
Browning Mummery
Negative Reaction

Tesco re-released Browning Mummery's 1984 release Obiter Scripta as part of their Archaic Documents series, last year I think.

isomer

Quote from: apewrist on June 20, 2017, 09:09:02 AM
Michael Ellingford is a vastly underappreciated/omitted Australian noise artist.

https://trianglerecords.bandcamp.com/album/deafault-nikita-division

Very good live too - no pre-recorded stuff, very physical. He teaches sound production at uni so he really knows his stuff.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: isomer on June 28, 2017, 09:38:30 AM
Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on June 24, 2017, 01:13:10 PM
Browning Mummery
Negative Reaction

Tesco re-released Browning Mummery's 1984 release Obiter Scripta as part of their Archaic Documents series, last year I think.

Yes, I know about that, but they (a band) issued more items which are worth to re-release.

Anyway there are many acts connected to Ollie Olsen also which should be reissued.

Potier

Potier

I didn't know that the intent of the thread was to be selective about what constitutes Australian noise. I also do not think that quoting "the dude" is offending anybody or starting shit - I also forgot that this is (apparently) serious business. I just felt that it would be a good idea to mention Mazurka in the context of this conversation since it was - after all - a label out of Australia. Von Einem had been mentioned before - there's a release by Mr. Groves on the imprint among a lot of other great material by artists from all over...

Quote from: Peterson on June 28, 2017, 10:28:18 PM
Good riddance!

Doesn't seem like there is much grief over the folding of ME...
So by all means carry on.

absoluten calfeutrail

Quote from: Potier on June 30, 2017, 03:26:46 AM
I didn't know that the intent of the thread was to be selective about what constitutes Australian noise. I also do not think that quoting "the dude" is offending anybody or starting shit - I also forgot that this is (apparently) serious business. I just felt that it would be a good idea to mention Mazurka in the context of this conversation since it was - after all - a label out of Australia. Von Einem had been mentioned before - there's a release by Mr. Groves on the imprint among a lot of other great material by artists from all over...

Four of my projects were released on the label in the end - Von Einem, Dead Boomers, Dick Threats, and Red Wine and Sugar. Outside of the internationally based projects on the label, Jarrod released an abundance of diverse Australian action with a cohesive overarching character including Lucid Castration/Baader, Oranj Punjabi, Tailings, Teen Ax, Mitchell Brennan, Cock Safari, Enak, Cooper Bowman/Roman Nails/Kneeling Knave, Muura, Clinton Green & Andrew McIntosh, xNoBBQx, Smash Tennis, Dotåbåtå, and many others. As a resource documenting certain strains of activity over the last five years I think it's a very valid inclusion here.  I'm aware not everyone on this board had positive interactions with the label, but from my standpoint the discography is interesting, gave me several lines on things to follow up on, and possessed a consistent visual character. It kind of shit me that its importance to sections of the local community may have been missed internationally at the time. There were a couple of bullshit dismissive reviews in Fördämning that reduced it to some Hospital Productions knock off - a pretty ignorant assessment from someone whose opinion I've come to value little over time.

isomer

Quote from: absoluten calfeutrail on July 04, 2017, 10:20:28 AM
Quote from: Potier on June 30, 2017, 03:26:46 AM

Four of my projects were released on the label in the end - Von Einem, Dead Boomers, Dick Threats, and Red Wine and Sugar. Outside of the internationally based projects on the label, Jarrod released an abundance of diverse Australian action with a cohesive overarching character including Lucid Castration/Baader, Oranj Punjabi, Tailings, Teen Ax, Mitchell Brennan, Cock Safari, Enak, Cooper Bowman/Roman Nails/Kneeling Knave, Muura, Clinton Green & Andrew McIntosh, xNoBBQx, Smash Tennis, Dotåbåtå, and many others. As a resource documenting certain strains of activity over the last five years I think it's a very valid inclusion here.  I'm aware not everyone on this board had positive interactions with the label, but from my standpoint the discography is interesting, gave me several lines on things to follow up on, and possessed a consistent visual character. It kind of shit me that its importance to sections of the local community may have been missed internationally at the time. There were a couple of bullshit dismissive reviews in Fördämning that reduced it to some Hospital Productions knock off - a pretty ignorant assessment from someone whose opinion I've come to value little over time.

I never had any bad dealings with Mazurka, but that was just me buying the stuff. He released some real gems (yours included) and I particularly liked the presentation / aesthetic.