TOWER TRANSMISSIONS VII - 15th/16th September 2017...

Started by towerpromotions, February 13, 2017, 01:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

towerpromotions

Confirmed: BAD SECTOR (it) Ambient/Industrial/Experimental

Bad sector is a musical project created in 1994 by Massimo Magrini (from Lucca, Tuscany). Bad Sector's music is considered a mixture of ambient and industrial music, a mix of electronic experimentation and usually dark emotions. Magrini himself describes it as "deeply emotional dark ambient noise". Common themes (as reflected in album and track titles) include microbiology, algorithms, physics, and space exploration. During the years, he recorded many albums and singles, in all formats, with various labels.
Magrini has collaborated for long time with  ISTI, one of the institutes by CNR - National Research Institute of Italy, releasing original gesture interfaces to be used in live performances.  Together with Zairo (Where) he also created Olhon, a project which explores the territories between dark ambient and concrete experimental music using sounds recorded in extreme locations (deep caves, underwater etc.).

For more info:
bad-sector.com
bad-sector.com/facebook

towerpromotions

Confirmed: Etant Donnés (fr)

First German concert in 19 years!!

Born in Rabat, Morocco, Eric and Marc Hurtado founded in 1977 the band Etant Donnés that quickly became essential in the field of Performance and Experimental Music , recording approximately 30
albums and counting numerous collaborations with major artists from the international music and cinema scene (Alan Vega, Genesis P. Orridge, Michael Gira, Lydia Lunch, Philippe Grandrieux, Mark Cunningham, Bachir Attar and the Master Musicians of Jajouka ...)

Etant Donnés has participated in prestigious festivals and exhibitions such as Documenta in Kassel, The Kitchen in New York, Matresss Factory Pittsburgh, Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art in Newcastle,Eurokaz in Zagreb, Sonar in Barcelona, ​​Biennale of Lyon , Centre Pompidou, Foundation Cartier, Etrange Festival in Paris , Transmusicales de Rennes, Berlin Atonal, Berlin Prix Europa etc ...

In 2012 they finished the film « Jajouka, something good comes to you » shouted in the village of Jajouka in Morroco and that was acquired for the collection of the MoMA in New York.

towerpromotions

Tickets on sale now from here:

http://towerpromotions.bigcartel.com/

Ticket order conditions
We do NOT ship hard tickets by post.
Wir versenden KEINE Tickets per Post.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The print-out of your confirmation email or Paypal payment confirmation is your ticket. Please bring it to the event and exchange it for a hard ticket. Your name and the amount of tickets you've ordered is at the box office.

Die email oder Paypal-Zahlungbestätigung ist euer Ticket. Bitte ausdrucken, zum Gig mitbringen und an der Kasse vorlegen.

towerpromotions

Like always, tickets for Tower Transmissions VII will be available at this event (Saturday till Monday). Original hard copy limited tickets. €60. No extra fees!

https://www.facebook.com/events/209573262893754/

Tickets also available from me personally(if you know me)...

towerpromotions

towerpromotions

Don't miss this opportunity to see the first German Etant Donnés concert in 19 years!!!

Some of what to expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZi7MLMfV2M

L.White

towerpromotions

Some information for TTVII:

Day tickets can now be reserved at this email: towerpromotions@gothic.ie
Please state the day you wish to attend, number of tickets and your full name. Cost €33

Running order:*

FRIDAY 15th:

Operation Cleansweep
Bad Sector
Linekraft
Shibalba
Christblood
Young Hustlers

SATURDAY 16th:

Survival Unit
Etant Donnés
Thighpaulsandra
Iugula-Thor
Janitor
Scatmother

Pre-sales for weekend tickets will end on the 11th September.
Weekend tickets will be available at the box office for €65.

Tower Promotions.

*subject to change

cr

I hope everything went well. Would be fine to read some reports, so that I can start drooling and regretting not having been there.

Goat93

the sound was way much better than the last years. as always met a lot of friends, some people and get drunk on both days. The Audience was also very mixed. This Year some really young people (think from russia?) were there, so it was somekind of refreshing and funny.  Strangely a lot of Acts were sold out even just before or after they played, so i missed some nice stuff to buy.

FRIDAY 15th:
Young Hustlers - missed

Christblood - saw the last 2 Tracks, but can't say too much about it anyway.

Shibalba - nice Ritual Ambient Show, but i think they shouldn't play Sounds from the PC. The Songs they just played with instruments were the best of the set. Ritual Aspect wasn't too impressive, maybe cause so much Black Metal bands try to jump on that Train now. All in all is was good and as i guessed, the Music is on CD much better and intensive.

Linekraft - Live Power with Junk Metal. Very good and loud. Absolute Highlight on Friday. Even better than Operation Cleansweep.

Bad Sector - Not my kind of Music, for relaxing very good.

Operation Cleansweep - very calm and calculated set. i missed a little bit the Power in the Vocals, but all in all a fucking strong stage act.

SATURDAY 16th:

Scatmother - Filthy Power Electronics like the Label where he released his last 2 CD's. Fits perfect in this kind of dirty power Electronics. One Man Show with some gears and a S/M Sex Video in the Background. The Evening starts very strong with this set.

Janitor - Nice and somekind of funny set. But not too surprising or different from other projects from Mr. Doll

Iugula-Thor - I missed them totaly

Thighpaulsandra - Not my kind of music, so i went outside

Etant Donnés - Didn't get into the Music strangely. The Show was good and the music also, but didn't worked for me at all.

Survival Unit - 6 Masked Persons on Stage with a lot of Grunting and Screaming, very Loud Power Electronics. 2 of 6 didn't do anything and one Guy seems to dance on a Gabba Party, it was great. Looks like a mixture of Provocation and somekind of Ironic Stage Acting cause of this constellation. Was my Highlight on Saturday.

L.White

what a great festival! many thanks to Eric, Ina, Ulrich, Martyn, Andreas and all the others helping people for another fantastic festival in Dresden. 2 days well mixed industrial program (with new and well known old bands), brilliant location and organization. a family event of the industrial far away from other hipser-events. my private highlight LINEKRAFT, my disappointment SURVIVAL UNIT. in the hope of a continuation in 2018 with the TT8 festival.

Zodiac

was great to be there. had a lot of fun and meet valid people. hope for TT8.
Remember, remember... december.