Cassette case set up

Started by cutter, December 10, 2016, 06:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter

Hello!
Just started with recording cassettes, but I only have all the cass with the producer sings, is it safe to repaint the cases? Dismemberment of the cassette would be probably neded too, I guess.

Jnz

Well it would help to know how the cassette body looks :)
It is safer to use cassette label stickers.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: cutter on December 10, 2016, 06:52:54 PM
Hello!
Just started with recording cassettes, but I only have all the cass with the producer sings, is it safe to repaint the cases? Dismemberment of the cassette would be probably neded too, I guess.
as consumer, it seems releases are painted, spray painted, glued on etch because that is what the producer wants it to look like, with little thought as to whether it is good for the tape/sound/durability etc

collapsedhole

aside from the reels getting stuck from careless over-use of paint around the moving parts, has anyone ever had any problems with functionality or lifespan of a painted tape? never heard of it or experienced it personally.

making the cassette itself a piece of art is part why i love them so much. to me it feels unfinished when someone releases a cassette and doesn't do anything to the tape...not even a label...even more annoying then the 'blank label on only one side' thing.