Favorite Bizarre Uproar?

Started by Fluid Fetish, November 19, 2016, 11:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluid Fetish

Night before last I decided to put on my copy of What's Your Pleasure Sir? only to find that right as SS Offizer's vocals start to come in on Side A ("WHAT'S YOUR PLEASURE SIRRRRR!!!") my record all of a sudden skips....and then skips again...and again...through about 2 minutes of the record. I assumed that it was just my shitty turntable but after trying a record cleaner, after trying 3 different record players, messing with my needle/arm for hours, it skips in the same spot every time. What I've been told is the grooves have probably been worn down. I bought this used, so I'm pretty sure I got someone's old record but this is the first time I've EVER worn out an LP before. I think my Deathpile- GR is starting to do it now too..

In honor of my overplayed and fallen What's Your Pleasure Sir, what's your favorite or most played or most coveted BU album/split/ep whichever? Mine is obvious...Unsafe and Insane coming in second possibly tied with Rape Africa.

BlackHole

Honestly, Amputaatio. I LOVE the approach Pasi took on that one as well as Vihameditaatio. Highly focused and thoughtful compositions with some of the bleakest and darkest sounds he has produced. After that, probably Rape Africa and Unsafe & Insane as well.

F_c_O

Definetely the time of early filth and violence up to viha ja kiima. That was the best era for me. The new stuff doesnt do much to me and I am quite bummed that I never got to see them live when they performed viha ja kiima stuff. That stuff was just so inspiring. It was violent, it was lofi, it was antisocial and completely this 'fuck you' towards everything and everyone and all that resonated way much with me. The new stuff to me feels like it has lost some of that primal rage that surged within the music during those times. Of course, I might be talking out of my ass here but thats what the stuff back then was and felt like.

ritualabuser

Difficult for me to say since BU is one of the projects that got me into noise and still the one I hold in highest esteem. Of all of the albums, maybe "Rape Africa", as it's the the perfect midpoint between their two newer eras, the "Hell Awaits" of Bizarre Uproar, if you want.

Otomo_Hava

I like Pasi's sonic progress he'd done throughout 20 years from junk harsh noise and feedback power eletronics
to post-industrial sludge doom hybrid and i can't wait to have a copy of BU's Hardcore 3CD + DVD.

Don't have any specific personal favourites cause BU almost covers any sonic direction depending on my various moods of what
i want to listen in a specific time.

Happy 20th grimy anniversary!

Petrificado

Yeah really hard to pick favourites as all eras are great. The latest one perhaps isn't the strongest so maybe the next one could do with reverting to a harsher sound? Whatever Pasi does I'll always be checking it out though.

cr

Quote from: Petrificado on November 20, 2016, 02:38:56 PM
Yeah really hard to pick favourites as all eras are great.

Absolutely!
It very much depends on the actual mood I'm in, which period I prefer. I also really like the newer BU releases, from 'Rape Africa' onwards.
Other and older favourites include 'Mother', 'Viha & Kiima' and 'Unsafe & Insane'.
Listening 'Liha-Evankeliumi' 3 CD set in one session is such a punishing experience.
Fifteen years of Filth & Violence is a great set as well.

Not to forget the splits with Deathkey, Will Over Matter or Gelsomina.

cutter

Purification cassette is the best to me

eyestrain

yosef666

If I had to choose just one it would be Rape Africa. It's just such a massive, overwhelming listen, especially when cranked LOUD.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

a_2_g_2

Pakkosyotto is one of the most ferocious noise assaults ever recorded. It needs a proper reissue

ConcreteMascara

BU & Gelsomina - Assisted Self Sterilization CD
Liha-Evankeliumi 3xCD - the nastiest loop / metal abuse I've ever heard. the second CD is supreme.
Purification CD - perfect

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

JuhoN

I like newer BU

I pick these 3:

-Amputaatio
-Vihameditaatio
-Will Over Matter / Bizarre Uproar split

david lloyd jones

from earlier bzr upr, their collar with gelsomina-assisted self sterilisation is a high point.

and looking back, my first experience of bzr upr