RRRecords - Recycled tapes

Started by cr, November 18, 2016, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadpriest

For me, the noise stops but the tape continues. I figured it might be that when using recycled tapes, you cant dictate the tapes lenght and its just something to fill out the end of the tape if the tape is longer than the noise.
[/quote]

You're right.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Mieczko K.

I've got a few in distro for european costumers.

shearling

Anyone have a link to the FFH one?

Johann

https://www.discogs.com/FFH-Recycled-Music/release/610149

If you order from RRR site I think he does some sort of deal on them, can't remember. But Ron runs a class Mailorder

ashraf

Bumping this thread for more recent recommendations. It makes me so happy that RRRon keeps these (and Pure cds) in print. I want to order a big batch of both.

Cementimental

Realised a little while back that the Cementimental recycled tape is no longer on the RRR site. Quick bit of detective work on archive.org and it seems like it vanished from the catalog back in 2013!? I emailed Ron to ask what's up but no reply. I can only assume it was somehow related to the great Troniks forum meltdown but I can't remember him saying anything about it at the time and I genuinely don't remember trolling him hard enough to warrent deleting my release... :-? At least no worse than other people whose recycled tapes are are still up there. :D

Anyone know anything about this? No massive deal but seems weird. Might even be an accidental deletion from the list I suppose. Anyway if it really is out of print then I'm in good company with the Gerogerigegege at least...

Mieczko K.

Quote from: Cementimental on March 08, 2019, 12:11:41 AM
Realised a little while back that the Cementimental recycled tape is no longer on the RRR site. Quick bit of detective work on archive.org and it seems like it vanished from the catalog back in 2013!? I emailed Ron to ask what's up but no reply. I can only assume it was somehow related to the great Troniks forum meltdown but I can't remember him saying anything about it at the time and I genuinely don't remember trolling him hard enough to warrent deleting my release... :-? At least no worse than other people whose recycled tapes are are still up there. :D

Anyone know anything about this? No massive deal but seems weird. Might even be an accidental deletion from the list I suppose. Anyway if it really is out of print then I'm in good company with the Gerogerigegege at least...

Then I guess my goal to have em all is doomed to fail :(

Quote from: ashraf on March 07, 2019, 09:43:36 PM
Bumping this thread for more recent recommendations. It makes me so happy that RRRon keeps these (and Pure cds) in print. I want to order a big batch of both.

Some shameless self-promotion here, but I'm still very please by the Trou tape released by RRRon. Also the tape from "L'Autopsie A Révélé Que La Mort Était Due A L'Autopsie" was excellent. In the "less recent category", I have good memories of the Peiiste tape, and the Vomir tape is probably my favourite Vomir release.

Cementimental

Quote from: Mieczko K. on March 08, 2019, 09:26:03 AM

Then I guess my goal to have em all is doomed to fail :(

I think I still have a spare copy if you are interested :)

Thor

I'm guessing that ordering a batch from europe isn't cheap. Is there a euro distro which stocks the recycled tapes?

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Thor on March 08, 2019, 02:50:27 PM
I'm guessing that ordering a batch from europe isn't cheap. Is there a euro distro which stocks the recycled tapes?

Not Many, but i recall couple at freak Animal. I just restocked almost all pure/rrr cds that are available. One can buy them for 6,- each and 8 fits for 5€ international shipping... great cds, not bad price...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Johann

I do not think Ron is personally slighting anyone by certain tapes or cds no longer being available, it could just be dubbing more is no longer convenient (due to poor interest) or the master is hidden/lost. I've contacted him about various pure CDs being told they were no longer stocked. And honestly given the state of things, especially with Discogs can you blame him? Most of this stuff is available still at very reasonable prices and he's been forced to sell at lower prices on Discogs than on his own site.

I don't personally know Ron, but I assume like everyone participation ebbs and flows, hope he finds passion again soon in performing and releasing...RRR is one of the greats.

Are there even any "new" recycled tapes in the last few years?

Baglady

Quote from: Johann on March 09, 2019, 09:53:40 AM
Are there even any "new" recycled tapes in the last few years?
Yes, there are. But they're not many. I believe a Limbs Bin Recycled tape was released a month ago or so?

Hakaristi

Hymenal Opening and Flagellatio Orgasmus ones recently too.

Cementimental

Quote from: Johann on March 09, 2019, 09:53:40 AM
I do not think Ron is personally slighting anyone by certain tapes or cds no longer being available, it could just be dubbing more is no longer convenient (due to poor interest) or the master is hidden/lost.
Yes it's possible i'm just being paranoid. :) pretty sure I couldn't have any less interest than quite a few of the other names released around that time who are still up tho :D

aububs

i'd like an up to date pic of rrron's cubic block of noise tapes