PA Systems

Started by deathmask, October 18, 2016, 09:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathmask

I looked for a topic on this subject and I found nothing. I feel this is a rather important aspect to most shows(any genre). Good sound is cool and can always really make or break how enjoyable an act will be, even for black metal.

--As a performer what do you enjoy and/or expect from a venue/promoter/PA System?
--As a host/promoter what do you find as necessary equipment/advice?
--Has there ever been a time when you thought something was showing a lot of potentially but it was lacking sonic power?

Paholaisrastas

I've been planning on a PA system with one full-range speaker drived by a cheap bridged 2000w behringer amp. Only having hard time finding a speaker which can handle that much power. I think with a bit of equalization the system would be very good for noise. One small rack for the amp and a speaker. Easily transported and powerful enough to shake things up. Any experience on this sort of setups?

Alternatively one full-range speaker from the left channel and a subwoofer from the right channel. Unfortunately these systems tend to go near or beyond 1000 euros and I'm not even sure how huge the sound would be. Have to pay attention to some mid pressure systems.