SECRET NOISE-PE TAPE FOR SALE!

Started by bitewerksMTB, October 17, 2016, 08:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

I've got a few copies of a secret, one-off tape for sale. I can't publicly announce the details. The official release will not be for a couple of months & when it is, it'll be privately sold rather than publicly .The price is $10ppd Friends & Family payment in the U.S. Airmail postage is $13.50 for 1-2 copies (maybe 3, I need to check first).

Sound-wise, this is harsh noise/PE with a M.O./Lyoto Music-etc. vibe.

PM for payment info if you're interested or bitewerks556 at gmail.com

bitewerksMTB

Title is MOLESTER SURPRISE GROUP & I have a few more copies available (10/28: SOLD OUT AGAIN) :

"Secret" PE/HN C20 (Finders)

Well, it's hard to write a review for a project/tape you aren't at liberty to divulge any information about. Here goes: this little cassette came to me through someone indirectly associated with the Finders label, so connect the dots if you're interested. Though this isn't the same person, this tape sounds a little like the Libertinage private tape from Bitewerks - side A is old-school "ripper-style" PE (more like harsh noise, really) with emphasis on high end, mostly probably feedback, with some textured tape noise or routed mixer signal feedback to add "body." As far as effects, reverb and maybe some echo. No fancy modulation whatsoever. Little clue: this cassette also shares some similarities in sound to Male Rape Group, the one-off Philip Best & Gary Mundy PE project from the early '80s. Basically, this is bare-bones electronic noise/power electronics with a physical, spacious sound; it's got the violence most would hopefully be looking for. Side B continues along the same lines, but introducing some more movement immediately, as well as more of the "physical" textures, this time fairly abraisive and gritty. Sounds distinctly like reel-to-reel tape manipulations, but I tend to be a bad guesser when it comes to source sounds. The high-end feedback sounds tend to flutter a bit more, much to my liking, on this side, although it sounds more like a broken microphone/torn speaker than any kind of effect pedal. For fans of: early Sutcliffe Jugend, Male Rape Group, Consumer Electronics, Mauthausen Orchestra, etc. Until the project explores deeper territory sonically and visually, I'm not sure why this would appeal to anyone else. Considering the name of the project and subject matter, I would certainly hope further exploration occurs in the future.  (Review by SI forum member Peterson)