Era of zines full of hate, nihilism, devil, occult, obscurities...

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 23, 2009, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABISSO

Quote from: Streicher on May 31, 2010, 03:07:20 PM
Actually, "Pro Patria Mori: Unhallowed is the Word for War" was the title of the first volume of Streicher 'propaganda' pamphlets back in the early '90s. It came in a black ring binder with the pamphlets inserted in transparent plastic pockets. It was my intention at one point to re-issue this in a larger edition and in a better bound book form, if there was enough interest from people to warrant going to the expense of doing so (or if a suitable publisher came forward).

yesss pleasee ^_^

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: rekeeb23 on August 04, 2010, 11:05:48 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on December 23, 2009, 11:14:42 PM

FULL FORCE FRANK's genious newspaper clippings and rants in heavy duty xerox piles. Utmost classics
FUCK, of randall phillips racist vile humor and bad taste
PURE
PARASITE
SEWER CUNT
Forcible zine

Does Anyone know where i can still purchase any of these zines?

There is one guy selling TOTAL ABUSE on classifieds of this forum. Includes Pure magazines.
Apop Records still sells some copies of FUCK magazine. Check out their catalogue. Just did search and #1-3 shows up.
Forcible zine guy mentioned stopping his website due being just cost and not helping with sales. Don't know how to contact him now, but I think if you find his e-mail, copies could be still available.

Full Force Franks mags and Sewer Cunt are old and out of print. I may or may not have some copies of SC in my retailshop. Don't remember.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

kittymagic

there's a zine from Melbourne called SSEX. two issues have been released, both A4 size and 12 pages long. they contain a mix of artwork and music reviews/interviews. the artwork is creepy enough and fits into what everybody on here has been talking about.
(funnily enough, i have several copies of both issues, and i'm up for trading. messge me)

Hakaristi

For those interested:

Quote from: Forcible on August 09, 2010, 03:13:07 AM
Coprolaliac Press / Forcible Journal Update

Hello.

For some time now, Coprolaliac Press and the Forcible Journal have been at a stand still due to personal issues that need to be attended to. For those of you that have been interested in Forcible, I thank you and I promise that Forcible will be up and running soon. Stay in touch and again thank you to those of you that have shown interest.

Sincerely,

Michael of Coprolaliac Press

andy vomit

Quote from: Streicher on May 31, 2010, 03:07:20 PM
Actually, "Pro Patria Mori: Unhallowed is the Word for War" was the title of the first volume of Streicher 'propaganda' pamphlets back in the early '90s. It came in a black ring binder with the pamphlets inserted in transparent plastic pockets. It was my intention at one point to re-issue this in a larger edition and in a better bound book form, if there was enough interest from people to warrant going to the expense of doing so (or if a suitable publisher came forward). Thus far, its status is still 'on the backburner'...

i would fully support this, and possibly even help funding...
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Strömkarlen

glorycamera

i work on the #1 issue of my personal zine and i guess it will be available in small numbers around Spring 2011. just expect the aesthetics of obscurity and grief. i will inform you when it is ready.

New National Kid

I have some stuff to trade and I'd like to get any old zines, anybody interested?

humanpulp

had to bump this out of nostalgia. i was re-arranging my bookshelves and happened upon some zines/collections and it really made me miss the days when people were doing zines on a regular basis. not necessarily "hate" zines either, just any fanzines concerning music, scene, art, etc. i remember going to shows in the early 1990s in chicago and there being tables set up of free zines right when you walked in. every show provided at least a few hours of toilet reading.

it may sound hypocritical, but the internet has a lot to do with it. and while there are a decent amount of interesting web-based publications, nothing can replace of having the written word of collection of filth in your hands.
i attended a Jim Goad reading this past fall, and afterwards asked him if he would ever consider releasing something on a zine scale, and his response was quite matter-of-factly "whats the fuckin point when you have the internet?"

as a funny side note, i happened upon the current website (http://forbiddentruth.8k.com/index.html) upheld by the character known as FULL FORCE FRANK. in one of the sections, he is auctioning off the rights to all of his zine material as FULL FORCE FRANK, and all of his use.net posts as JOEORBIT1 (seen in the Apocalypse Culture 2 book) for $250,000 US. so i emailed him, just for the sheer wonder if he would actually respond, and he did- in some super crazy response, saying that any adoration from others is irrelevant to him, as he is only interested in conveying "the truth" to the world. That he doesnt believe anything that humans say to him, and he values no motivation from the outside world to urge him to continue spreading "the truth" as he feels it is only his nature to do so. and finally, I owe nothing to anything or anyone, beyond Myself. To Myself I
owe the universe, and I pay Myself back very nicely.

still a weirdo i guess.

bitewerksMTB

I'd love to go through all the Full Force Frank zines again but would have to travel to Finland. Those things were amazing, all the seemingly random images, articles, etc. EVERYTHING you could possibly find to collage together on guns, shooting, S&M/bondage, murder, women's feet/shoes... If you sent him a pair of shoes, you'd get the zine every month for free or if you sent him your zine. Incredbile he kept publishing for as long as he did & there were not just 10-20 pages either. They were THICK!

Tommy Carlsson

Until someone starts a topic on islamist terrorism etc, this might be the right thread to mention that Al-Qaida just today published issue #5 of their Inspire magazine.

http://azelin.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/inspire-magazine-5.pdf

UGRA

Quote from: humanpulp on March 29, 2011, 06:28:43 PM

i attended a Jim Goad reading this past fall, and afterwards asked him if he would ever consider releasing something on a zine scale, and his response was quite matter-of-factly "whats the fuckin point when you have the internet?"

Being a zine-lover myself, people always ask me that. It´s quite simple for me. First of all, underground production should never be understood by means of "utility", imho. It would be the same as if someone asks "what´s the point on producing cassettes or vinyls if we have those wonderful MP3 files?"
Sure internet is useful, but it just doesn´t offer the same esthetic fruition. Unless you´re a (good) webdesigner, publishing on internet is pretty much dealing with templates and  limitations. Good old white paper still offers much more on terms of visual potential. Will it reach less people? Yes. Is it a problem? Unless if the only aim of a zine is to spread information, it shouldn't be a big problem.
Besides that, there´s also the question of documentation. As for today, a piece of paper is still a much more reliable document than a virtual file. We can look at the past by checking a 20 years old xeroxed zine. Buy we can´t do that with a 5 years old webzine that just disappeared or was removed or deleted for some reason.
As a matter of fact, internet and zine production could perfectly walk together. They´re different ways of communicate, so one shouldn´t compete or exclude the other.

davenpdx

Perhaps not a perfect match for this thread--I wouldn't consider the publication to be "full of hate"--but I recently got a copy of Bizarrism #10 and greatly enjoyed it. The publication is somewhere between Murder Can Be Fun and Fortean Times, with writings on eccentrics, cults, strange dictators, etc. The issue I have is 40 pages long and contains an interesting story of death in a sparsely-settled island in the Galapagos during the first half of the 20th Century; a piece about 60s/70s US entertainer Claudine Longet who shot and killed her lover but was not found guilty of murder; a profile of Idi Amin and his regime; a piece on the truly horrendous writer Amanda M. Ros; and plenty of other stuff. Writings from early issues of Bizarrism were compiled into a book by Headpress some time ago, so the publication certainly in some ways fits with what's already been mentioned on this thread...

Anyway, it seems as though Bizarrism issue #11 was published late last year--an online announcement I've seen lists its contents as "Ernie Ridding: The Fridge Man of Glebe; superhero comics sadist Fletcher Hanks; The Case of the Garrotted Sherlockian; The Return of the Sky People: A Brief History of the Raelians; The Return of Joyce McKinney; The Senile Surgeon (Ferdinand Sauerbruch); The UFO Man of Sydney; the Chen Tao cult; My Favourite Dictators No. 5 : [paranoid Albanian lunatic] Enver Hoxha; book reviews and more." I'll be sending for my own copy soon.

Probably quite a few folk on this forum would enjoy this 'zine. Single issues are $6 each in Australia, US $8 ea. postpaid world. Contact:
Chris Mikul, PO Box K546, Haymarket NSW 1240, AUSTRALIA
Mystery Attacks: updates / sounds
Rouge Label: updates

humanpulp

is FORCIBLE ZINE still active? i remember some links to scans floating around a while back...anyone have any information

RyanWreck

Where did you hear about scans? I have every issue except one, they're all pretty good albeit all very short. As of right now Forcible is not active, the writer/editor is a schizophrenic who is hospitalized a lot. Last time I got a message from him he was in a hospital and since then he hasn't been in contact. The website is down too. The Myspace is still up but impossible to get through to right now.