Era of zines full of hate, nihilism, devil, occult, obscurities...

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 23, 2009, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humanpulp

it was on some message board, there were scans of the first issue, and like a dumbass, i didnt print it.

dfylr

While liveing in Mexico I stumbled upon a magizine I believe called "Los Propaganda",I think but Iam not completly certain of the title that covered stories of the ongoing violence in mexico and had some pretty graphic pictures of remains found in mass graves,children being used as human taget practice and a section devoted to survivors of the harsh tortures conducted by various cartels within Tijuana and Mexico city.I cant read very much spanish but the photo's themselves were pretty graphic,and some pretty hard to stomache,especially when it came to small children and families forced into mass graves over pocket change .Ill see if I can track a copy down and upload various images up here for those interested,though it doesnt have anything to do with music its still a pretty interesting find when looking for a read that shows less seen and discussed sides of humanity and reading about obscure subcultures within Mexico city when involving the less known occult basis of many of these killing surrounding the aztec goddess Santisima Muerte.

humanpulp

i am familiar with ALARMA!
when i was in Mexico, it was culture shock to see it on sale at newsstands right along with regular newspapers. it is amazing to me how desensitized Mexican culture is to violence.
there is a pretty rad documentary out there about photographers for ALARMA, as a matter of fact, i think someone posted the link to it in one of these threads.
FERAL HOUSE also did a great book called MUERTE! which is about ALARMA magazine as well as the general bloodlust/lack of shock from the culture down there.

dfylr

Quote from: humanpulp on June 09, 2011, 05:06:53 AM
when i was in Mexico, it was culture shock to see it on sale at newsstands right along with regular newspapers. it is amazing to me how desensitized Mexican culture is to violence.
there is a pretty rad documentary out there about photographers for ALARMA, as a matter of fact, i think someone posted the link to it in one of these threads.
FERAL HOUSE also did a great book called MUERTE! which is about ALARMA magazine as well as the general bloodlust/lack of shock from the culture down there.

Maybe thats it,sounds somewhat familiar but I thought for sure it was Los Propaganda then again there is so many magazines and newspapers down south offering so much information regarding on going violence and crime to where I became more skeptical of my surroundings then comfortable.As convienient liveing was cost wise being American and knowing very little of the area and language was an ongoing concern,I found it best to suck it up and pay a little extra to live safe.Mexico City and a great deal of parts of Tijuana were quit nice and I loved the culture but really wasnt worth the head ache of haveing to watch my back constantly,being a much better place to visit rather then live.

dfylr

Quote from: DEFILER on June 09, 2011, 05:59:37 AM
Quote from: humanpulp on June 09, 2011, 05:06:53 AM

Maybe thats it,sounds somewhat familiar but I thought for sure it was Los Propaganda then again there is so many magazines and newspapers down south offering so much information regarding on going violence and crime to where I became more skeptical of my surroundings then comfortable.As convienient liveing was cost wise being American and knowing very little of the area and language was an ongoing concern,I found it best to suck it up and pay a little extra to live safe.Mexico City and a great deal of parts of Tijuana were quit nice and I loved the culture but really wasnt worth the head ache of haveing to watch my back constantly,being a much better place to visit rather then live.

You were right the mag was called "Alarma" and I found were they sell it accross the U.S/International Boarder,"Los propaganda de peligro" is an underground ran news paper that covers the same type of material as Alrama but comes in shorter form,like weekly news print and is almost impossible to find scince it was out lawed in 2009.I did a search useing google on Alarma which is still pretty easy to come by,Los Propaganda however was not found anywhere on the net,but good news,I made a few calls and found a place in Tijuana were they have both and its literally 20 miniutes from were I live in the States!!!If anyones interested in print that covers pretty much all forms of Mexico's violence/the occult do send me an e-mail here and Ill work something out were you can cover the shipping costs or we can possibly do trades.

Los Propaganda - Cost in U.S Funds = $3.25 - pgs vary per print 10-15 (BLACK AND WHITE),Iam told that each is a reprint dateing from 2007-2009,no new issues were ever printed after October 2009.A definite rare find!!!

Alarma! - Cost in U.S Funds = $4.75 and most are full color prints,all new issues.

dfylr

Quote from: theotherjohn on June 09, 2011, 10:48:07 AM
I really regret not buying a copy of ALARMA when I was visiting New York a couple of months ago, seems like most Mexican-run news stands on the underground had copies. What was the cover price, $2.50 or $12.50? Either way a missed opportunity.

I can get copies!!!

Strömkarlen

nekromantik93

I'm starting off a zine of this sort. True crime/obscure readings/weird stuff and other oddities and I wanted to know if anyone is interested in trading it for anything like another zine, stamps or anything just ask.

I'm also wondering where I can find the Full force frank zines and those by randall phillip.

Mme Deficit

There's always my own small arts-and-literature publication: Mass Culture, "a journal of sex and death." These elements are usually combined in some way: there's been a fair amount of necrophilia and lust-murder in the first four.

My profile icon is taken from Vol. 4, which is the first issue in color (with the general theme of "lustmord in history"); the biggest-name contributor I've had thus far is probably Martin Bladh, whose work is featured in Vol. 3 and 4. I'm still working on/accepting submissions for Vol. 5, which I'm aiming to put out sometime next month.

Interested parties can purchase Vol. 2-4 at the link:
http://lcvonhessen.blogspot.com/2012/04/mass-culture-vol-4.html
Vol. 1 has been sold out since November and I only have three copies of Vol. 2 left. The most recent two issues are still in ample supply, though.

FreakAnimalFinland

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ghoulson

I can recommend the swedish artzine "ORMEN" published by Hornper (In Solitude / Invidious / No Future). He gave me the second issue some months ago and it was exceptionally dark and disturbing drawings, texts and collages. I guess only a few copies were made... No idea when third issue will be released but I'll try to mention it here.

fosa comun

Quote from: ghoulson on June 13, 2012, 12:30:59 PM
I can recommend the swedish artzine "ORMEN" published by Hornper (In Solitude / Invidious / No Future). He gave me the second issue some months ago and it was exceptionally dark and disturbing drawings, texts and collages. I guess only a few copies were made... No idea when third issue will be released but I'll try to mention it here.

Is there a way to contact him?

Mme Deficit

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 13, 2012, 11:51:49 AM
you have any info about amount of pages/size in general?

If this is addressed to me: dimensions are 5" x 7.5". Every issue thus far has been 28 pages long, although Vol. 5 is probably going to be longer. Helpful?

FreakAnimalFinland

yeah, just asking since in world of today, with "art zines", there are these 8 pages = 5usd + post type of things. I prefer magazine to be magazine. If it's couple xeroxes or inkjet prints stapled together, then price should reflect it. Magazine sounds interesting.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Mme Deficit

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 14, 2012, 08:56:37 AM
yeah, just asking since in world of today, with "art zines", there are these 8 pages = 5usd + post type of things. I prefer magazine to be magazine. If it's couple xeroxes or inkjet prints stapled together, then price should reflect it. Magazine sounds interesting.

Thank you. I've had people suggest I make cheap xeroxed copies to keep the price down, except I actually care about my work not looking like shit.