BLACK METAL

Started by Andrew McIntosh, June 11, 2016, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holy ghost

Quote from: fetch the rope on November 14, 2019, 07:46:41 PMyou can't deny that he's always ready to give proper answers and maintained his composure. Unlike the endless sea of shortfused, weak trolls who tried to get under his skin daily basis :)

I feel like maybe we're talking about different people here? I definitely don't remember this.

Duncan

NWN and related ventures are serious business operations with a lot of investment behind them at this point.  While it's easy to claim a nihilistic, apolitical stance in his position when talking about some online bitching around a discussion forum, it seems very obvious that when the heat actually got turned up in the direction of his real life affairs he wasn't really prepared to die on that hill at all.

I never joined, but I'll miss the endless dorkfest 'what are your top 8 albums with the bass panned in the left channel?' type threads.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: W.K. on November 13, 2019, 11:25:47 PM
Did anyone from here actually go to the No Surrender fest? How was it?

I didn't go, but I watched a lot of the livestream.  Siege Column and Blue Hummingbird on the Left were both really cool, and Byrrth put on a good set.

Warfare Noise

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 13, 2019, 10:37:38 AM

There was attempt to have new black metal forum some years ago. It did not gain popularity, due it didn't offer anything what one couldn't do in NWN. So eventually quiet forum was closed down.

I wouldn't be surprised if there would be new attempts to open something like that. Forum that is not under any particular label name and would cover Black Metal as is, without caring what non-BM crowd may think about some of it. But also hopefully moderators who do not have too specific agenda to push.

https://www.warfarenoise.com/index.php

Not chained to a label, open for registration.

yosef666

A lot of former NWN regulars congregating here:

https://revelationofdoom.com/
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

l.b.

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 13, 2019, 10:37:38 AM
Quote from: l.b. on November 12, 2019, 06:25:49 AM
that re-formed absurd for asgardsrei was dogshit though

It is slightly curious situation with Absurd, as there are two of them active right now. The JNF line-up performing old songs and more primitive things is one, but the other line-up that made the more "advanced material" with Wolf and Unhold etc has made new promo and played live just recently. I have liked all incarnations of the band.

this is too bad because i do quite enjoy the original ABSURD material (even werewolfthron) and the wulf/unhold stuff. if JFN can make good records then so be it but it's odd to see him step into vocal spot with a bunch of hired hands.

CosmicWeaponOfThule

NEW BLACK VAULT

https://www.new-black-vault.com/

Highly secured state of the art layout, structure and back end. The be all and end all forum of extreme metal, specializing in Free Speech and specialized militant Black Metal. This forum also has a state of the art interactive trading marketplace in which any type of record can be sold.

THOUSAND YEARS EMPIRE

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: CosmicWeaponOfThule

The be all and end all forum of specializing in Free Speech

Hahaha. Makes want to quote Discharge.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Climbatize311

Revelation of Doom looks like a great replacement. Thanks for the heads up. Been floundering a bit without nwn

fetch the rope

Quote from: yosef666 on November 14, 2019, 10:04:49 PM
Quote from: fetch the rope on November 14, 2019, 07:46:41 PM
Quote from: holy ghost on November 12, 2019, 03:50:55 AM
Quote from: sunandsteel on November 11, 2019, 10:56:42 PM
NWN forum officially not coming back. So much for "Never Surrender"...

That crank from from Absurd will have a hard time finding another forum willing to tolerate his endless whining about the left.....

Heh, well even if you are on the opposing side of what JFN represents, you can't deny that he's always ready to give proper answers and maintained his composure. Unlike the endless sea of shortfused, weak trolls who tried to get under his skin daily basis :)

For my understanding the forum is coming back. That's what he said in email. Yosuke just hasn't got time to get into it. It took him weeks to put up stuff he got from trade into his shop because of the fest and yes, for sure the forum requires more work than couple clicks in the e-store.
He told me weeks ago that he isn't bringing the forum back, he announced on Instagram that he isn't bringing the forum back and he removed the Forum link from the NWN site. If you think it's coming back, you're fucking high.

Seems like you have quite a short fuse as well. 1) Don't have instagay account anymore for over a year so can't be aware what is going on there 2) Yosuke told me in email late October that the forum would come back online. Now none of this matters anymore because at this point because we what the deal is and new forums are running.
Affirmative Apartheid

https://outofthedungeon.net

holy ghost

Reading this I almost feel.... like I never LEFT the NWN forum at all....

OT: flipping a ton of LPs on discogs and play testing a few albums I haven't listened to in years, was about to flip the HAIL "Inheritance of Evilness" DLP and holy fuck is this record good. Some seriously sick riffs. It did not go in the sell pile, even if after the fact I read it was "one man black metal" and a drum machine which quite frankly does not tickle my fancy these days.....

moozz

Quote from: holy ghost on December 12, 2019, 06:50:54 PM
OT: flipping a ton of LPs on discogs and play testing a few albums I haven't listened to in years, was about to flip the HAIL "Inheritance of Evilness" DLP and holy fuck is this record good. Some seriously sick riffs. It did not go in the sell pile, even if after the fact I read it was "one man black metal" and a drum machine which quite frankly does not tickle my fancy these days.....

Drum machine? Hail? I always saw Dirtmaster mainly as a drummer and I am pretty sure Inheritance Of Evilness has real drums. Or some really amazing organic programming. Superb album in any case. Even the Lawgiver MCD that contains the bonus tracks from the 2xLP version of the album did not feel like it was just leftovers.

holy ghost

Quote from: moozz on December 13, 2019, 12:07:48 AM
Drum machine? Hail? I always saw Dirtmaster mainly as a drummer and I am pretty sure Inheritance Of Evilness has real drums. Or some really amazing organic programming. Superb album in any case. Even the Lawgiver MCD that contains the bonus tracks from the 2xLP version of the album did not feel like it was just leftovers.

Yeah I went back and listened again and thought "what the fuck there's no drum machine here" so I must have read that at Metal Archives or some other useless place. Definitely sounds organic. I love the riffs and I love the bass playing on this one. Like a trashy Beherit stretched to the extreme. Gotta track down those other mini albums.

Decrepitude

I've yet to get Inheritance Of Evilness but I have a couple of friends who are total HAIL devotees. The Bestial Storms Of The Abyssic Pit is great though and Death Citadel's Bestial Antaumus is a tour van favorite.

HateSermon

https://nyogthaeblisz.bandcamp.com/

New Nyogthaeblisz finally out. Preview track sounds vicious.