BLACK METAL

Started by Andrew McIntosh, June 11, 2016, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eigen Bast

While far closer to the hc end of the spectrum, City Hunter hit some similar notes
https://youthattack.bandcamp.com/album/deep-blood

Ritual Knife too
https://ritual-knife.bandcamp.com/

Bone Awl still hold the title though.

Lately just been down in a hole with Grausamkeit, Rost Orchester, Totale Vernichtung, and Beherit.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Eigen Bast on August 16, 2019, 10:19:16 PM
While far closer to the hc end of the spectrum, City Hunter hit some similar notes
https://youthattack.bandcamp.com/album/deep-blood

Ritual Knife too
https://ritual-knife.bandcamp.com/

Bone Awl still hold the title though.

Lately just been down in a hole with Grausamkeit, Rost Orchester, Totale Vernichtung, and Beherit.
Oh yeah.  City Hunter.  Blogged and Quartered had that on their top of 2018 list.  Bone Awl isn't as literal, for lack of a better way to put it, as those Hatespirit tracks.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

holy ghost

Anyone know anything about Irkallian Oracle? I really liked the last album, great drum sound for sure, and that was almost 4 years ago. I know that "caverncore" isn't what it used to be in terms of popularity but that band is top notch.

ritualabuser

For anyone interested, a track from Diabolus Flagellation, a project between myself and Witchcraft members that's paying homage to the South American style of BM:  https://m.soundcloud.com/reptilewomb/diabolus-flagellation-sodomy-in-pentagram

DSOL

Quote from: ritualabuser on August 28, 2019, 03:50:05 AM
For anyone interested, a track from Diabolus Flagellation, a project between myself and Witchcraft members that's paying homage to the South American style of BM:  https://m.soundcloud.com/reptilewomb/diabolus-flagellation-sodomy-in-pentagram

this is a ripper
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

elderblood

https://elderbloodproductions.bigcartel.com/

"Shanhai is a series demonstration of potentially hidden myth regarding epic legends in ancient mythology. A clandestine pagan folklore first-ever written from the stand point of notorious nemeses, who often depicted as the villains in most official historical documents/records. The album would now illustrate these untold ingredients with unique perspective while re-presenting with the purest underground sound in black metal.
While the simple-yet-profound debut "Gloomy Night Stories" provides primitive and aggressive punches in the face; In "Moon" one would be surrounded by the toxic taste within those ghastly, ritual atmospheres; and then the mechanical, cold apocalyptic "Nüwa" infuses with strong Sc-fi approaches regarding ancient alien bio-invasion to human evolution. "Shanhai" in fact, consists inherently sort of a "fusional compound" of those above while some majestic momentum also added to the mix. It would unequivocally mark the most monumental period over the band's two decades span.

All dedicated to Agony & Chaos.
released September 1, 2019

Balor/SS1535

I have been listening to a lot of Flooded Church of Asmodeus material on youtube lately, and keep becoming more impressed by this band.  It is really refreshing to hear black metal that is not simply fast, tremolo riffs, and the noise elements are infused very naturally as well.  I really need to get some physical copies of their music...

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on September 24, 2019, 06:43:27 PM
I have been listening to a lot of Flooded Church of Asmodeus material on youtube lately, and keep becoming more impressed by this band.  It is really refreshing to hear black metal that is not simply fast, tremolo riffs, and the noise elements are infused very naturally as well.  I really need to get some physical copies of their music...

the demo is the best by far IMO, but you can't go wrong with any of the albums either.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on September 24, 2019, 07:23:54 PM

the demo is the best by far IMO, but you can't go wrong with any of the albums either.

I have been unable to listen to that one as of yet, because no one has been so kind as to post it online in its entirety.  I will check it out if I get a chance, and will give the tracks that I can find a deeper listen - thanks!  From what it sounds like, they have never had a really bad release.

Euro Trash Bazooka

Yeah but fast tremolo riffs is what 2nd wave black metal is and what I and, I assume, most metalheads want to hear when they think of black metal. It's absolutely OK such crossovers exist but for instance I have no interest in hearing noise-infused BM as I don't think those genres go well together, and I also don't think making noisy music was what those musicians wanted to create in the first place? It came later as an aesthetic trend that turned into some ridiculous statement. Yeah, I'm being judgemental (of the artists, not of you!)

If you like FCOA, you should have a listen to Gonkulator if you haven't yet.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on September 26, 2019, 08:06:07 AM

Yeah but fast tremolo riffs is what 2nd wave black metal is and what I and, I assume, most metalheads want to hear when they think of black metal. It's absolutely OK such crossovers exist but for instance I have no interest in hearing noise-infused BM as I don't think those genres go well together, and I also don't think making noisy music was what those musicians wanted to create in the first place? It came later as an aesthetic trend that turned into some ridiculous statement. Yeah, I'm being judgemental (of the artists, not of you!)

I definitely like good tremolo riffs in black metal, and it surely forms an essential element of the genre.  It is always nice, though, to hear some exceptions to the norm.  For instance, Paysage d'Hiver plays some really heavy and slow riffs that are definitely black, but without tremolo.

I have heard a few people mention Gonkulator in conjunction with Flooded Church of Asmodeus, so I will have to check them out.

yosef666

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on September 26, 2019, 06:01:06 PM

I definitely like good tremolo riffs in black metal, and it surely forms an essential element of the genre.  It is always nice, though, to hear some exceptions to the norm.  For instance, Paysage d'Hiver plays some really heavy and slow riffs that are definitely black, but without tremolo.

I have heard a few people mention Gonkulator in conjunction with Flooded Church of Asmodeus, so I will have to check them out.
You definitely also must check out Ride For Revenge and Black Mass of Absu. The early material from Barathrum might be up your alley too.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

brutalist_tapes

anyone mentioned that ravenzang album/reissued demo (?)? listened yesterday, really good stuff - one of those bands just has that atmosphere that is hard to define. seems like their label/circle zwartkunst smederij is generally doing good stuff if you like this kind of traditional european approach.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: yosef666 on September 27, 2019, 08:51:00 AM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on September 26, 2019, 06:01:06 PM

You definitely also must check out Ride For Revenge and Black Mass of Absu. The early material from Barathrum might be up your alley too.

I like Ride for Revenge, but always thought that Flooded Church of Asmodeus was just better. The heavier noise influence in the latter goes a long way for me.  However, I probably should check out the Ride for Revenge/Bizarre Uproar collaboration again, now that I think of it.  Black Mass of Absu is another band that I have been meaning to listen to for a long time (ever since I saw their Goatowarex vinyl release).  Never heard of Barathrum, though.  Thanks!

cr

Today, on my way to work I listened to Samael - Ceremony of Opposites in the car. It's been a while since the last time. But this one remains one of my favourites. I only saw them live once, it was sometime between this release and the Rebellion EP. I remember, that I was pretty impressed by the show back then.
25 years ago...? Fuck! It seems I'm getting old.