BLACK METAL

Started by Andrew McIntosh, June 11, 2016, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V.T.R

I dunno if this belongs to bandcamp/soundcloud topic or here, but here's some blackthrash from Finland:

https://apparitionfin.bandcamp.com/releases

Physical release will be out at somepoint...

Eigen Bast

Niddhoggr demo Final Agony repressed is perfection. Depressive and melodic, never running a riff into the ground.

holy ghost

Been really on a Morbid Angel kick lately - finding a lot of quality riffs in Formulas Fatal to the Flesh and Gateways as well as the early bangers. Particularly enthused with the slow chugga Thrash riffing of "Invocation of the Continual One".

I also heard Blood Incantation are recording a new LP at the present time. Hoping they tour again - last time they were here it was absolutely stellar.

DSOL

Quote from: holy ghost on June 26, 2019, 08:04:35 PM
Been really on a Morbid Angel kick lately - finding a lot of quality riffs in Formulas Fatal to the Flesh and Gateways as well as the early bangers. Particularly enthused with the slow chugga Thrash riffing of "Invocation of the Continual One".

I also heard Blood Incantation are recording a new LP at the present time. Hoping they tour again - last time they were here it was absolutely stellar.

Blood Incantation is doing a full tour with Immolation in October
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

sbtdoh

Welp, black metal is the thing that got me into HNW. Its seemed to take even further the pain and aguish in tones. Raw black metal often is complained about how noisy it is. For example one of my absolute favorite BM bands is Black Cilice. For every review or comment I hear about them is the complaint to the noise going on. Raw black metal and lo-fi BM have always been my favorite way to go. I find everything that they do to be of utmost satisfaction to me and this s the reason  do a zine based on raw BM and HNW. I find that they intertwine. They all sound so excellent on cassette tape. They are often short runs of homemade/handmade/home dubbed physical manifestations of mostly mysterious personalities etc. The HNW community seams very open and friendly. The black metal community is a little darker, but I don't mind, because I personally find that HNW and BM both can be so cathartic and fucking awesome! Also, it would be unfair not to mention 2 raw BM bands that also do noise---Ride for Revenge & Akitsa. Both totally worth checking out and blur the lines between both genres.
www.shroudedrecordings.blogspot.com    -rooted in dirge & spite- all cassette tape label and zine haus

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: sbtdoh on July 04, 2019, 07:08:33 AMAkitsa

Was introduced to them just a few days ago by an online friend. Quite satisfying.
Shikata ga nai.

sbtdoh

Right on! what album you listening to?
www.shroudedrecordings.blogspot.com    -rooted in dirge & spite- all cassette tape label and zine haus

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: sbtdoh on July 08, 2019, 06:12:26 AM
Right on! what album you listening to?

Well, I think it was "La Grande Infamie" that I first heard, but it's "Prophétie Hérétique"  and the collaboration with Thesyre that I personally dig. I like the lo-fi feel on "Aube de la Misanthropie", despite the acoustic guitar tracks (which do nothing for me) "Les Massacre des Puritans" is a nice, dreary, dirgey track.

To my ears, though, they don't really meet up with a cross between BM and Noise. They're raw, very, but stay within the BM parameters.
Shikata ga nai.

Foss

The last Akitsa album is really good. Not many bands keep on being interesting for so many years!

Found Remains

AVAILABLE NOW!

SANDWORM / NÄCHTLICH SPLIT CS

Perished Soil is honored to unleash another split release of unholy Black Metal, this time between the scornful Sandworm and the contemptuous Nächtlich. This rancid split in particular is unique as it's a cassingle style release with each band spewing a single, hateful song per side. No audio samples but expect nothing but the rawest recordings yet from these shadowy figures...

Also included with the split is a heavy weight business card with exclusive artwork, dedicated to each owner, and a 1" matte button of the Perished Soil emblem, all enclosed inside a resealable poly bag.

NÄCHTLICH CS

Militantly standing strong and defiant, Nächtlich expels one last freeze onto the living with their debut album. Harnessing their might from the glorious winters of Canada, Nächtlich tramples the blossoms of summer and banishes all who praise this worthless season of joy.

Looking across the sea, Nachtlich honors the wisdom of the Polish and German masters that not long ago, crushed the light of hope and infested Europe with audio horror. However Nachtlich also turns their gaze further North to continue the euphoric and ominous path started by Count Grishnackh.

Proudly inhale this frigid air of winter and tear off every pedal of summer, for the winds of the North never die!

REPRESS on white tape shells.
-----
Found Remains will be the only distro carrying both titles. Orders ship 7/25/19!

Thanks.

ricjaff

been jamming the fuck out of this one lately:

https://youtu.be/An96Z-BMMko

evilxskin

Quote from: ricjaff on July 17, 2019, 08:01:36 AM
been jamming the fuck out of this one lately:

https://youtu.be/An96Z-BMMko
Was about to praise this same project.

It seems the label (Wolfspell Records) still has the LP for sale.

holy ghost

I was totally obsessed with Cultes des Ghoules for a long period around the time of their first and second LPs - I didn't pick up the Coven 3LP and just realized they have another new album out. I could probably just Spotify then before buying but does this band still "got it"?

I love that heavy bass they have and the feeling like you're living in a stinky crypt surrounded by rats but I'm also wary of a 3LP rock opera/black metal concept album....

ekastaka

Totale Vernichtung vinyl reissues have been in heavy rotation lately. Truly unique black metal.