BLACK METAL

Started by Andrew McIntosh, June 11, 2016, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moozz

Quote from: Hemwick on May 10, 2019, 09:10:49 PM
The Greek scene was/is excellent.  Is there any  newer bands worth checking out?

Caedes Cruenta. Ereipia Psychon from a few years ago is a fantastic album and it really oozes the old Greek sound.

ritualabuser

If you're looking for a band that really nails the Greek sound, Ceremonial Torture is my personal favorite. The demos have been on rotation for the past few months here.
https://youtu.be/HlGiUnTkE9Y

Hemwick

Thanks.  Will check out for sure.  Not a Greek band or style but I've been listening to void meditation cult a lot lately

DSOL

check out Sperm of Antichrist if you like VMC
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

holy ghost

Quote from: ritualabuser on May 21, 2019, 11:11:14 PM
If you're looking for a band that really nails the Greek sound, Ceremonial Torture is my personal favorite. The demos have been on rotation for the past few months here.
https://youtu.be/HlGiUnTkE9Y

I'll check this out - I'm always wary of non-Greeks doing the Greek thing (See: Sacryphx great 7" underwhelming LP) but I would love to be proven wrong

Hemwick

Quote from: DSOL on May 21, 2019, 11:31:48 PM
check out Sperm of Antichrist if you like VMC

I dig them too, i got their split with VMC.  Both are excellent that style is so good.  If anyone can recommend more bands in this style please do. I familiar with some of the bands that do the whispered vocals but I'm curious to hear more obscure bands

DSOL

Beherit
Demoncy
Irkallian Oracle
Perverted Ceremony
Hellvetron (vocals aren't whispered)

Hemwick

Quote from: DSOL on May 22, 2019, 04:34:00 PM
Beherit
Demoncy
Irkallian Oracle
Perverted Ceremony
Hellvetron (vocals aren't whispered)

Thank you. I've heard all but perverted ceremony.  Hellvetron is on constantly at my house.  Seven scrolls is so good.  I love how the vocals are buried in the mix just a perfect sound.  Going to check out pervert ceremony when I get off work and have time to give it a full attention

DSOL

new Hellvetron coming out in August on Iron Bonehead

Hemwick

I can't wait to get that new Hellvetron.  Any material from them is always welcome. Anyone here familiar with Mhorgl.  I have one album by them and think greit's great. Fast violent got great riffs and drumming is excellent

FallOfNature

Quote from: Hemwick on May 23, 2019, 12:04:13 AM
Anyone here familiar with Mhorgl. 

Australian band? If so, yes. Those guys have been playing BM in various bands since the 90's. Cannot remember how they sound though.

Hemwick

Quote from: FallOfNature on May 23, 2019, 12:30:21 AM
Quote from: Hemwick on May 23, 2019, 12:04:13 AM
Anyone here familiar with Mhorgl. 

Australian band? If so, yes. Those guys have been playing BM in various bands since the 90's. Cannot remember how they sound though.

Yeah that's the one.  I've had their on album for years and great.  Very unhinged and catchy, almost reminds of speed up destroyer 666.   Not a blur of mindnumbing war metal.  The Australian metal scene had a great sound.  I might be wrong and probably am I think their drummer plays with or played in at one point Impeity. 

Found Remains

Song sample for Sinthgunt can be heard on the Perished Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-516363096

Both releases available this Saturday, 12PM EST.

Thanks.

Foss

Was searching for typical "cold" black metal this winter beyond the usual suspects i have played to death, and discovered Tenebrae in Perpetuum from Italy. Holy fuck they nail the style to perfection.

Also waiting impatiently for my Ultra Silvam lp to arrive, the demo was perfect in Katharsis tradition.

holy ghost

I picked up the reissue of the early Hungarian thrasher FANTOM, with the demo "Lucifer Jelenj Meg" and some raw rehearsal stuff recently and must have filed it away without playing it, I'm spinning it now after the discussion about FOAD in the noisecore thread and holy shit this is some top shelf raw Iron Curtain thrash! Total early Sodom worship with great raw production and those ice-pick wild trebly solos that are so crucial for this sort of stuff.

I really wish these reissues had more of an oral history feeling in the liner notes, after visiting Hungary last year it's really fascinating how these bands existed behind the Iron Curtain and I'd love to hear more stories about what it was like. I heard some stories from people when I was there who were basically like "can you imagine what it was like being a punk/metal head in the 90's when everyone before you was a metalhead under communism!?"