BLACK METAL

Started by Andrew McIntosh, June 11, 2016, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSOL

Departure Chandelier - Antichrist Rise To Power.

AOTY right now
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

ashraf

Yes, Departure Chandelier album is incredible. Is it available still anywhere?  Funny to think it's (mostly) the same guys behind Serpent Crest.

DSOL

i was able to grab a copy from Arcane Altar but I think he is sold out now (didn't think it was going to sell out so fast, so I didn't order a copy from NWN right away), I think some distros in Europe might still have copies

NWN said a 2nd press is coming, but it'll be 6-8 weeks

ashraf

Thanks for the heads up.

holy ghost

Been pretty burned on the current scene but spent the weekend with the best of the Greek black metal gems - Rotting Christ, Varathron, Thou Art Lord, Death Courier. And then of course I just move right on to Dead Congregation. Those Greeks really know how to riff man.... that opening to the first Dead Congregation is just permanently etched in my brain!!

Hemwick

The Greek scene was/is excellent.  Is there any  newer bands worth checking out?

Eigen Bast

I rcommend Obsequiae. Not Greek, but certainly playing in the Hellenic style. Huge Rotting Christ vibe.

Dead Congregation, and Wamyprinacht's We Will be Watching were excellent too.

DSOL

Necromantic Worship have a Hellenic style/vibe to them - not Greek though

ekastaka

Never was too big on the "Hellenic" style, although greek bands Der Sturmer, Wolfnacht, and Nocternity are among my favorite black metal bands. Untouchable.

Hemwick

Thank you to for the recommendations dug it all.  I think der stormer is a great band dig their style alot.

Zeno Marx

Cosmic Church & Shores of Ladon & Ride for Revenge

When I was going through my 90's black metal binge a few months ago, Cosmic Church and Shores of Ladon would have been welcomed.  I particularly like the fuller dynamics of Täyttymys.

Ride for Revenge is interesting.  I love the title "Sinking the Song".  The song "Naked and Ready" reminds me of something Greg Ginn from Black Flag would have done.  That opening dissonant lead.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

absurdexposition

All the early Ride for Revenge albums are amazing. Once they started doing basically an album a year they started entering rocky territory. I never went back to Enter the Gauntlet and I actually forget which was the good one out of Ageless Powers Arise and Thy Horrendous Yearning. I haven't heard Sinking the Song but did just pick up the reissue of Wisdom of the Few.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

magnus

I´m not a metaler at all but do like the odd one, for some unknown reason i recently bought the double-lp of Russian band DEVORATOR, "By the Steps of Demon-Beast 1997-1999". I find it really good and pretty strange. I have to admit that i first accidentaly played it on 45rpm and was just thrilled at how weird it sounded... but it still has a great, mysterious vibe at 33 as well.

FallOfNature

Really impressed by this lately, seems to have gone majorly under the radar. Bit of a Demoncy vibe with the vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-2hw7yTzDY&t=393s

yosef666

Quote from: absurdexposition on May 13, 2019, 10:40:38 PM
All the early Ride for Revenge albums are amazing. Once they started doing basically an album a year they started entering rocky territory. I never went back to Enter the Gauntlet and I actually forget which was the good one out of Ageless Powers Arise and Thy Horrendous Yearning. I haven't heard Sinking the Song but did just pick up the reissue of Wisdom of the Few.
I couldn't disagree more regarding the more recent output! RFR are unfuckwithable. They have yet to release anything that disappoints.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer