BLACK METAL

Started by Andrew McIntosh, June 11, 2016, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: DSOL on June 14, 2018, 08:47:48 PM
NWN just put up the Blasphamagoatachrist "Black Metal Warfare" Demo

members of Blasphemy, Goatpenis and Antichrist (Canadian one)

Members of 2 of the most overrated bands of all time. I remember hearing Blasphemy in the late 90s and their CDs sold for barely anything from Osmose. As for Goatpenis, I always found everything they did at best tacky, at worst... you can imagine. Even that Suppurated Fetus demo I have is much more average than a lot of the wild stuff coming out of Brazil around those times. I mean, obviously to each their own but you can't make me believe that people calling their band Blasphamagoatachrist will care about writing decent riffs and that it will be good, even if Yosuke wraps them up in the nicest package with spikes from Callers of The Storms' guitar strap and stains the cover of the tape with some  of Goatpenis' latest "ritual"'s feijoada leftovers.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

ricjaff

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on June 15, 2018, 01:10:00 AM
I mean, obviously to each their own but you can't make me believe that people calling their band Blasphamagoatachrist will care about writing decent riffs and that it will be good, even if Yosuke wraps them up in the nicest package with spikes from Callers of The Storms' guitar strap and stains the cover of the tape with some  of Goatpenis' latest "ritual"'s feijoada leftovers.

yeah, with that name all i expect is unjustified hype and ultra deluxe packaging that people will flock to. i've been thinking about project names a lot these days within the whole black/death sphere; just seems like people are using the same clichés ad infinitum with little-to-no contemplation. this is one of the most lackluster examples i've seen in quite some time.

FallOfNature

Personally think "Fallen Angel Of Doom" deserves the hype and praise it gets considering they were the first to take things to that level.

Goatpenis are kinda hit and miss... Depleted Ammunition and Inhumanization are the only albums I kept and play on regular occasion.

I didn't care for Death Worship too much, and doubt I'll bother with Blasphamagoatachrist beyond a curious listen.

Revenge, Nyogthaeblisz, Bestial Warlust, Tetragrammacide, Heresiarch and early Diocletian all suffice when I want to hear some all out violence, which is a good majority of the time.

totalblack

Fallen Angel Of Doom and Gods Of War\Blood Upon The Altar are sacred art, and Blasphemy are one of the best. Actually the real deal, living a lifestyle fitting of the music they create, which you can't say for 99.9% of BM or noise acts. Also incredible live band.

But obviously this new project has a ridiculous name and is a waste of time. Edit: actually listening to it and it's not as bad as I thought it would be, although still not anywhere near "essential listening". I guess I would prefer something like this to Blasphemy releasing a new record and tarnishing the legacy of the project

DSOL

Blasphamagoatachrist basically sounds like Goatpenis with Black Winds on vocals.

as for the name it's pretty lame that they decided to incorporate all 3 of their other bands name into one name, when I'm sure they could've come up with something much better
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

DSOL

Quote from: FallOfNature on June 15, 2018, 11:55:48 AM
Personally think "Fallen Angel Of Doom" deserves the hype and praise it gets considering they were the first to take things to that level.

Goatpenis are kinda hit and miss... Depleted Ammunition and Inhumanization are the only albums I kept and play on regular occasion.

I didn't care for Death Worship too much, and doubt I'll bother with Blasphamagoatachrist beyond a curious listen.

Revenge, Nyogthaeblisz, Bestial Warlust, Tetragrammacide, Heresiarch and early Diocletian all suffice when I want to hear some all out violence, which is a good majority of the time.

check out Human Agony if you haven't already. 

absurdexposition

Quote from: FallOfNature on June 15, 2018, 11:55:48 AM
I didn't care for Death Worship too much

Extermination Mass is incredible and gives all of the related projects a run for their money.

Quote from: DSOL on June 15, 2018, 03:58:34 PM
check out Human Agony if you haven't already. 

Literally Revenge 2.0. Played with them in April.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Euro Trash Bazooka

It took 15 years and gadget reissues for Blasphemy to be hyped whereas they had released a record on one of the most prominent BM label of the 90s. I also just read a massive interview of Hervé Herbaut (Osmose's boss) in which he mentions how the Fuck Christ tour was a massive failure... Speaks volumes to me...

I like some of the Aussie bands (like Bestial Warlust or Abominator) but to me they're closer to other local bands like Slaughter Lord than Blasphemy. And I like Sacramentary Abolishment and Axis Of Advance better than Revenge or Conqueror. Axis Of Advance CDs were also really cheap (like 2€ from Osmose for a while... Controversial opinions, sorry...

DSOL

have to disagree with the part about the "Fuck Christ Tour". Immortal and Rotting Christ were also on that tour and Immortal was the headliner, i don't think it's fair to say that it speaks volumes about Blasphemy when basically they were a support act to the headliner.

look what both Immortal and Rotting Christ turned into in terms of popularity/etc after said tour.

Euro Trash Bazooka

That's not because of the tour. It's because they were on a label that got all the right albums at the right time, including theirs. He says nobody wanted to book those dates and that the bands often played to 20 people.

I don't think Rotting Christ or any of the Greek bands (besides Septic Flesh maybe?) ever were popular until the 00s and even then, considering them popular is quite the hyperbole. The albums were there but I don't remember people caring about them at all. That's recent, forum-induced phenomena.

FallOfNature

Rotting Christ sure had the popularity in the late 90's in Australia at least. I first heard them when A Dead Poem came out. Sleep Of The Angels got a lot of attention in all the mags, even if it sucked (but I'll still take that album over what Tiamat, Samael etc were doing then). They weren't Burzum/Mayhem tier popular but the name was surely common.

Necromantia, Varathron and the rest were basically unheard of by anyone not buying music via mailorder or immersed in the u/g back then though. Varathron probably has NWN! to thank for their current fan base growth.

Speaking of Greek BM - about time someone reissued Legion Of Doom's debut on LP.

Leewar

Quote from: totalblack on June 15, 2018, 01:05:30 PM
Fallen Angel Of Doom and Gods Of War\Blood Upon The Altar are sacred art, and Blasphemy are one of the best. Actually the real deal, living a lifestyle fitting of the music they create, which you can't say for 99.9% of BM or noise acts. Also incredible live band.

But obviously this new project has a ridiculous name and is a waste of time. Edit: actually listening to it and it's not as bad as I thought it would be, although still not anywhere near "essential listening". I guess I would prefer something like this to Blasphemy releasing a new record and tarnishing the legacy of the project

A band i was in a long long time ago played with Blasphemy, nice guys but if you believe the hilarious NWN forum hype and "I heard they benchpressed 20 goats in a cemetery at moonlight" type drivel then you need to have a word with yourself.  All i can remember of 'the lifestyle' was smoking weed, drinking beer and having a laugh, fast forward 20+ years and Blasphemy are probably quite content to hitch a ride on their own internet hype train, not have to bother recording anything else, and make a few $$ while laughing at people wanking themselves off over fantasy tales on the NWN forum.

absurdexposition

Nocturnal Grave Desecrator and Black Winds is unemployed, lives with his mom, does copious amounts of coke, wears a track suit.

Caller of the Storms is a security guard at the Army & Navy in the DTES and rides a red scooter.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

ekastaka

Blasphemy have always resonated with me in a very violent and primal way. Their studio output is impeccable and honestly, they should just leave it at that and not release anything new. That said, the worship they get these days is a bit retarded. Seems like they caught on with hardcore kids a few years ago who tend to have an annoying emphasis/self congratulatory pat on the back over Caller being black. The fact that there is a long "nerdism" thread on NWN speaks volumes on the autistic nature of the metal crowd. They seem to have become some sort of meme ("lol couchphoto.jpg").

Whatever though, music will always stand supreme.

totalblack

Quote from: absurdexposition on June 17, 2018, 07:30:14 PM
Nocturnal Grave Desecrator and Black Winds is unemployed, lives with his mom, does copious amounts of coke, wears a track suit.

Caller of the Storms is a security guard at the Army & Navy in the DTES and rides a red scooter.

I've heard other things from mutual friends of ours --- but nothing that wouldn't rule out any of this information