BLACK METAL

Started by Andrew McIntosh, June 11, 2016, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ritualabuser

Quote from: Stoa on July 13, 2016, 11:50:52 PM
Quote from: Fluid Fetish on July 13, 2016, 03:37:48 AM
Kataxu- Hunger of Elements is another primary example of absolutely excellent and perfect utilization of synths. Not my favorite black metal album of all time by any means, but that opening song In My Dungeon....

I agree. The synth use is undoubtedly "too much", but they make it work extremely well. Ukrainian Svarga has an album called "Символ волі" which to me has always been kind of a sibling to Hunger of the Elements. It has a similar synth utilization going on, though it's a bit more restrained in that department.

Just got a copy of Gontyna Kry's "Krew naszych ojców" and it reminded me of a cross between Kataxu and Veles, so I suppose it could be recommended alongside.

NO PART OF IT

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on July 14, 2016, 01:05:49 AM
Quote from: Stoa on July 13, 2016, 11:50:52 PM
Quote from: Fluid Fetish on July 13, 2016, 03:37:48 AM
Kataxu- Hunger of Elements is another primary example of absolutely excellent and perfect utilization of synths. Not my favorite black metal album of all time by any means, but that opening song In My Dungeon....

Also I forgot to mention to NO PART OF IT, the singer for Nuit Noire is a guy haha...I think there is female back up singing but it's definitely the androgynous wailing of a dude.

Good to know! 
A caterpillar that goes around trying to rip the wings off of butterflies is not a more dominant caterpillar, just a caterpillar that is looking for a bigger caterpillar to crush him.  Some caterpillars are mad that they will never grow to be butterflies.

https://www.nopartofit.bandcamp.com

Andrew McIntosh

Borge's "III" album is pretty good. Two lengthy BM songs, one over twenty minutes that reminds me a lot of Striborg, and two long spooky breaks that actually work since whoever Borge is seems to understand dark ambience properly. If more bands/projects did it like that there wouldn't be a problem.
Shikata ga nai.

Fluid Fetish

I highly doubt it, but any members on this forum old Absurd fans? The demos, the SA version of Facta Loquuntur and Asgardsrei are probably my most listened to black metal these days. Never cared about the band until way later in life for some reason...maybe I couldn't appreciate the infantile genius of it all when I was younger myself? Later material is good as well but nothing touches the atmosphere and spirit of their old stuff.

tiny_tove

I much prefer the most recent stuff with all the singalongs
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

MT

Facta Loquuntur is one of the best black metal albums ever. Also the lately released remastered version of In Ketten recording is fucking great!

holy ghost

I kind of forgot how incredibly great Cultes Des Ghoules are. I've jammed almost their entire discography today while cleaning my house and every bit of it is fucking solid. Haxan in particular, these records have thee sickest bass playing. It's all just a perfect blend of atmosphere, riffs, production and aesthetic.

Pseudogod - Deathwomb Catechesis is another one I really clicked with a few years ago.

Also Swallowed, more of a death/doom hybrid but hot damn this record is great.

Vassafor, aside from having the coolest choices of natural wood BC Rich guitars, can definitely rank out a damn near perfect record.

Weregoat too, really looking forward to the new full length.

Black metal transmission over/

radokaz

Quote from: holy ghost on August 02, 2016, 08:11:08 PM
Pseudogod - Deathwomb Catechesis is another one I really clicked with a few years ago.
Weregoat too, really looking forward to the new full length.
these two for me too!

and I like all Amputator and Necroplasma a lot!

Ashmonger

I like both old and new Absurd. Of the new bands I think that Totenlieder is the best, tracks like Der Hammer Zerschmettert Das Kreuz & Der Scharlachrote Tod absolutely make my blood boil.

Aside, I had been following quite some BM bands until recently, but the last 2 months or something, I feel a bit tired with it. Even though I still listen to a lot of Black Metal, but seem to stick more to known names or stuff that has been released about 10 years ago but never got around to listening back then.

Fluid Fetish

As usual you bastards all prove me wrong, but good to see you're all men of class and fine taste. You've all mentioned so many good bands.... In Ketten recording is indeed awesome, especially on vinyl format! I also love CdG, Spectres Over Transylvania and the split with Goat Tyrant are like Necromantia and Mortuary Drape taking a bunch of LSD and meth and fucking. The two albums are in a class of their own too, for me especially Henbane.

Also I'm seriously pleased to see someone mentioned Necroplasma, incredibly underrated band, the tracks on the X Corona Bestia Vox Vocis that aren't on anything else are some of the best black metal ever. If you like the CdG bass playing this band does it justice too, especially on My Hearse My Redemption.

Swallowed LP is one of my favorite records of all time, there is NO other band that sounds like how Swallowed does.

I need to check out Totenlieder, I'm only vaguely familiar with newer Absurd.

tiny_tove

currently listening selvans - Clangores Plenilunio. Italo BM with a lot of traditional instruments.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on August 02, 2016, 05:04:34 AM
I highly doubt it, but any members on this forum old Absurd fans? The demos, the SA version of Facta Loquuntur and Asgardsrei are probably my most listened to black metal these days. Never cared about the band until way later in life for some reason...maybe I couldn't appreciate the infantile genius of it all when I was younger myself? Later material is good as well but nothing touches the atmosphere and spirit of their old stuff.
Hidden in the archives of an old friend's tape collection, there's a recording of an 18yo or so me talking shit about Facta Luquuntur. As I developed a sort of hipster-ish relationship to "nationalist" european music, I started to get the point of Absurd as well, though, and since quite a few years I have a minor collection of CDs and vinyls. I think their later stuff also works, even though it has less of the whole Ed Wood black metal charm. Anyone into folk music, and hence awesome stuff like Heino, could and should appreciate Grimmige Volksmusik.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

F_c_O

Szron is fucking awesome. Nothing else needs to be said about them.

Also, finally got A Corpse, A Temple and Mysteries by Black Cilice on vinyl. Amazing stuff. One would hope that all bm would be of such high quality.

Deadpriest

I can't get enough of Cultes De Ghoules at the minute Or Deathspell Omega but their recent ep (which I just got on download) really doesn't feel that dark to me, dunno probably listening to it wrong or something.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

david lloyd jones

deathspell omega rule even when they are oblique rather than powerful.
hard core is more than just volume/anger.