BLACK METAL

Started by Andrew McIntosh, June 11, 2016, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSOL

looks like the Nyogthaeblisz full length is finally going to see the light of day
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

THE RITA HN

QuoteCaller of the Storms is a security guard at the Army & Navy in the DTES and rides a red scooter.

Last time he came by the store he was on a Ducati crotch rocket.  The bike can go upwards of 200 mph.

absurdexposition

Quote from: THE RITA HN on June 29, 2018, 01:06:33 AM
QuoteCaller of the Storms is a security guard at the Army & Navy in the DTES and rides a red scooter.

Last time he came by the store he was on a Ducati crotch rocket.  The bike can go upwards of 200 mph.

Haha, that's what it was. I just remember seeing a pic of him with it at a scooter/etc repair shop an acquaintance worked at.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

DSOL

Leewar

i think the only Ducati you can get that gets anywhere remotely near 200 is the RR that costs 37k+   The must be selling some serious merch.

As NWN has been mentioned a few times im sure people have been seeing the hilarious Judas iscariot/NWN/Blake judd cringe fest unfolding..... Cant help but think Yosuke dropped a major bollock on this one.

totalblack

Quote from: Leewar on July 01, 2018, 02:23:02 PM

i think the only Ducati you can get that gets anywhere remotely near 200 is the RR that costs 37k+   The must be selling some serious merch.

As NWN has been mentioned a few times im sure people have been seeing the hilarious Judas iscariot/NWN/Blake judd cringe fest unfolding..... Cant help but think Yosuke dropped a major bollock on this one.

It's been like watching a car crash the last few weeks. Especially with DTB posting that Akhenaten just got in touch with Red Stream \ Elegy to say that he didn't know anything about these "official reissues". Basically complete bootlegs at this point.

DSOL

YK should have known better than to trust Blake

THE RITA HN

Quotei think the only Ducati you can get that gets anywhere remotely near 200 is the RR that costs 37k+   The must be selling some serious merch.

The bike was serious.  They don't live off just their merch.
http://beatroute.ca/2013/09/07/blasphemy/

cr

Hah, I have to admit that I really like the new IMMORTAL- Northern Chaos Gods. That was an unexpected pleasure...

Zeno Marx

I listened to Sons of Northern Darkness the other day and found it surprisingly decent.  Which is probably why I found myself going down 90's memory lane the past few days:

Enslaved - Eld 1997
Enslaved - Frost 1994 - the last time I listened to this, I wasn't feeling it at all, which was weird because it was a favorite back when, but this time was so sublime that I have to wonder what I was thinking before - this is one of those albums that got the cover art perfect (LP); not that it is a favorite album cover or anything like that, but they nailed the photo, color palette, layout, etc to a point to make it noteworthy - Trym's drumming style and ideas are great, but man is he ever a messy drummer.
Immortal - Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism 1992 - I wish more drumming was like this (also Ancient's "Trumps of an Archangel" or Discharge "Ain't No Feeble Bastard" and "A Look at Tomorrow"; simple 8th note hi-hat rock groove).
Darkthrone - Panzerfaust 1994

*because I can't count
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Andrew McIntosh

I quite like the messiness of the drumming on some of those earlier BM releases. There's something frantic about it. Immortal's "Battles in the North" is of course an obvious example.
Shikata ga nai.

DSOL

BITN is my favorite Immortal album, perfect fall album

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: DSOL on July 09, 2018, 03:43:52 PM
BITN is my favorite Immortal album, perfect fall album

Weird to see "Battles in the North" brought up so many times in quick succession after I just revisited it a few weeks ago for the first time in years. "Battles.." and Gorgoroth's "Incipit Satan" were the first two black metal releases I heard many years ago and it will always remain a favorite for me. At the Stormy Gates of Mist is probably my all-time favorite Immortal song.

Yesterday I revisited all of Antaeus's discography, save for some of the early demo tapes I don't have. A nice reminder of why they're one of my all-time favorite bands, even if I don't listen to them nearly as much as I used to. I strongly believe their 3rd album "Blood Libels" is their best and refuse to acknowledge 2016's "Condemnation" as even existing at this point. Also, their live show at Maryland Death Fest in 2013 was not only fucking perfect, it was one of the most physically demanding crowd experiences I've ever had. 50 minutes of blood on asphalt and trampled body parts without pause.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

DSOL

MDF 2013 was the last year I went to the fest. so many amazing sets that year Antaeus like you mentioned, Bolt Thrower, Revenge, Cruciamentum and Deiphago. the Carcass set was so boring

Zeno Marx

Enslaved - Blodhemn 1998 - GREAT.  Intense. Last top Enslaved album?  I wondered why it scored so low at Metallum.  Someone gave it a 23%.  Nut.  The drumming is more precise than Trym's, but that doesn't make it better.  Just that it is.  Could do without some of the solos, appreciate the Hawkwind electronics, and didn't notice until now the Iron Maiden influence in "Eit Auga Til Mimir".
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.