Delay pedal ?

Started by urall, January 16, 2016, 03:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

online prowler

One of my current favs is the old DOD FX96 Echo FX Analog Delay with the excellent MN3005 BBD chip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi0jcgZNXwc

Euro Trash Bazooka

I finally built my delay pedal (a PT 80) and I'm rather happy about it.

It worked quite well right from the beginning (although the instructions were incomplete...) The sound is really warm and nice and the knobs offer a wide range of possibilities soundwise. The thing I'm wondering about though, is that the repeat knob goes into crazy feedbacking and distortion once it's goes above 50%. It can be slightly annoying on guitar but I have to see whether it's annoying on my synth as well. At worst I'll change the potentiometer or some resistors in there...

Next step = Monotron-hacking and building a minisynth and other pedals.

Edit: I tried the pedal on my old analog monophonic synth during band practice and there's no way I'm modding it. It sounds wild and I can make sweet spacey sounds, robotic sounds, and ear-piercing shrieks with it. Awesome.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Cementimental

NUX Time Core is a really cheappp one with a couple of interesting features (reverse delay, stereo ping poing/modulated etc, trails or true bypass options, that thing i can't think of the name of where - when you change the speed - the warped pitch-shifted sound is incorporated into the next repeat, and a verrrry basic loop function which alas can't be combined with the delays.) Warning tho that in my experience (of 2 different units) it will crash and produce no sound if things are hot-plugged in sometimes. Just unplug and re-connect the DC power after setting up your pedal chain tho and all should be well.

Unovis

Can anyone recommend a delay/loop pedal that has a trigger input? I've been using an old DigiTech pedal but was wondering if there's anything else out there.

nowwon

Has anyone tried the MXR Carbon copy ?
It is pricey but seems to be a very good analog and dark decaying delay with auto oscillation capabilities . I'd love some insights on this one if some of you tried it.

Eigen Bast

Quote from: nowwon on January 31, 2018, 12:14:02 PM
Has anyone tried the MXR Carbon copy ?
It is pricey but seems to be a very good analog and dark decaying delay with auto oscillation capabilities . I'd love some insights on this one if some of you tried it.

It's a great pedal. You can get some hideous sounds out of it and with the regen cranked it can serve as a super rudimentary "drum machine".

Soloman Tump

Quote from: M770R on January 17, 2018, 11:41:42 PM

Now, 20 years later, I use the Keeley Electronics "CAVERNS" which is both a delay and reverb.
Very good quality, the sound is perfect and goes perfectly well with my drone stuff. I barely use anything else,
just an overdrive pedal and this one.

I keep seeing this for sale on reverb and it does rouse my interest.  Nice to have a bunch of functions on one pedal as I am trying to keep a relatively small pedal board for possible live shows.  I may invest if I manage to sell off some other stuff first.