THE RITA

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, November 20, 2015, 03:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

my left speaker blew up when playing this, so hurrah to the Rita.
full marks though go to mxm 'flesh biting paedophile' who destroyed speakers and amp (cd reissue on industrial recollections)

holy ghost

Quote from: david lloyd jones on September 02, 2016, 05:52:39 PM
the new release on bacteria field sees the Rita continue with the foot fetishism theme conceptually by using raw sound from a pedicure that is processed.
on first hearing the end result is satisfying to listener ears without over reliance on liking the concept.

Got this in the mail the other day. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. Also grabbed the Wood & Metal tape that has a Rita remix on side 2 and I really like. And The Rita/Marion LP showed up in my mailbox and that one is excellent, both sidesaddle really interesting.

thetenthousandthings

A far stretch indeed, but I was wondering if anyone has the back patch Total Black put out some time ago laying around... the same image of the shirt that was posted on the first page. Please write me if you do.

& yes, Sam's work is potent to say the least

david lloyd jones

Quote from: david lloyd jones on September 14, 2016, 04:09:34 PM
my left speaker blew up when playing this, so hurrah to the Rita.
full marks though go to mxm 'flesh biting paedophile' who destroyed speakers and amp (cd reissue on industrial recollections)

happy to report that replay did not destroy speakers, so hard use, not the Rita to blame

BlackHole

I've been meaning to give The Rita a solid chance for a while now because of the sheer amount of praise and worship his works seems to receive in the noise scene so I picked up the "Sea Wolf Leviathan" CS reissue that came out last year as well as the "Gamzatti" LP to start with. They were both readily available and for good prices. Are these good releases to start with? Anyone have some recommendations for where to go from there?

Zeno Marx

Quote from: BlackHole on October 31, 2016, 01:59:36 AM
I've been meaning to give The Rita a solid chance for a while now because of the sheer amount of praise and worship his works seems to receive in the noise scene so I picked up the "Sea Wolf Leviathan" CS reissue that came out last year as well as the "Gamzatti" LP to start with. They were both readily available and for good prices. Are these good releases to start with? Anyone have some recommendations for where to go from there?
I'm no The Rita expert (though I wish I was and am interested enough), but I think Sea Wolf is a good choice.  I'd also recommend the Anna Christie 3"CD.  What do I know?  I've never heard anything I didn't like.  It depends on your sweet spots.  Do you prefer pure sonic terrored brutality?  Do you appreciate conceptual recordings?  Don't give a fuck?  Appeals to your better senses to have both?  There's a lot of room to play here.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

holy ghost

Both of those releases are excellent choices. Another one I really like is the collab double LP with Carlos Giffoni. I don't know what it is about that one but it's long been a real treat. Recent records I've liked is the Power Monster cassette, the split with Clew of Worms and the split with Climax Denial. I really enjoyed the Climax Denial material as well.

Bleak Existence

Eyeliner Into Nylon Back Seam cd is my favorite by The Rita and a great one to start with

Fluid Fetish

Played the death out of my SWL tape last summer, need to return to it. True Ass Worship is also an excellent release.

Thor

Was just playing the Raymonda cd and fuck if this isn't some of the finest hnw I have ever heard.  I've heard some less essential material from this artist but the volume of good releases seems to overshadow those moments. Just purchased the Lilac Fairy 2xLp and look forward to receiving 4 sides of walls from this artist. I certainly hope it lives up to the expectations created by Raymonda. I think I might just play this cd all day.

thetenthousandthings

I found a copy of Standing Water for free in a giant box recently... great success.

Baglady

The Recycled tape in the deck now for the first time. Released in 2004, but the not-so-wallish and rather stripped down approach reminds me more of his 1990's works. Anyone who can shed some light on this recording? It definitely sticks out from the rest of his post 2000 work, I think.

Zeno Marx

Did he coin the term "crackle pattern"?  If so, has he talked about that in an interview?  If so, which one, and where can I find it?  Thanks.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

minimal.impact

Where does the crackle pattern / The Rita connection come up?

Searching this term brings up its definition in relation to art conservation, so I take it this might reference his production or methodology.

WCN

Quote from: Baglady on October 31, 2017, 10:07:58 AM
The Recycled tape in the deck now for the first time. Released in 2004, but the not-so-wallish and rather stripped down approach reminds me more of his 1990's works. Anyone who can shed some light on this recording? It definitely sticks out from the rest of his post 2000 work, I think.

I've never actually heard it myself but I remember reading Sam say it was made with an electric fan, or multiple fans?
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/