Asmus Tietchens

Started by bogskaggmannen, September 15, 2010, 12:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

The one I always liked by him - and I don't see it mentioned here - was an LP called Monoposto with Liquidski. Restrained rhythms that never quite explode (all the more effective for that, too!), and the best of what I've heard of his collaborations w/ Liquidiski. Also the single Von Mund Zu Mund I remember for being pretty creepy. Haven't listened to either for a good while, so I'll have to dig 'em out...

impulse manslaughter

I have the Von Mund Zu Mond 3 x 7" set. Remember liking them!

acsenger

I heard I think the first Von Mund Zu Mund 7" a long time ago, and I remember liking it. I'm gonna get that one and one of the other ones soon.

One release I couldn't get into was the collab CD 7 Stücke with Jon Mueller. Tietchens manipulates Mueller's drum sounds, but there's very little manipulation and the album is just dry snippets of drum sounds throughout that I just can't appreciate.

acsenger

Surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be a thread for the New Blockaders, so I'll post this here. TNB's classic Changez Les Blockeurs album has just been reissued on LP by Urashima, newly remastered by Asmus Tietchens. I'd be curious to hear from those who get the record as to how different this version is from the original? I have the Gesamtnichtswerk 4CD set which includes the original version, so I don't plan to buy the LP, plus I usually don't hear pretty much any difference when it comes to remasters, but who knows, maybe this time there's a substantial difference.

impulse manslaughter

I have the 4CD and VOD LP-version of Changez so I won't be buying this either. Also, don't really see the point of remastering this. But I was listening to a lot of early 80's Tietchens over the last few months and there really are a lot of great tracks to be discovered.

Mr Klang

'...Diving deep into 'Changez Les Blockeurs' I noticed some interesting phenomenons... Perhaps 'Changez...' was recorded in a room with open windows? Because (really fascinating) here and there I can hear distant voices (although, regretably, I cannot make out any words.)... In my opinion 'Changez...' is a document of the early '80s and should not sound as if recorded in 2021. So, when re-mastering I did not 'clean' it and did not create a 'club version.'' Asmus.

impulse manslaughter

You don't have to dive in really deep to hear these sounds in the background. I remember playing it for the first time and wondering if they forgot to close the windows or if their house had really thin walls..

maldoror93

Anyone pick up the Changez Les Blockeurs LP reissue yet? Wondering about the pressing quality more than the remastering. Discogs has complaints about bad pressings on some other Urashima releases.

impulse manslaughter

I have about 20 Urashima LP's here and i'am quite happy with the quality of the vinyl.

Mr Klang

'...I remember playing it for the first time and wondering if they forgot to close the windows...'

David Jackman mentioned in an interview that 'Changez Les Blockeurs' was recorded in a shed. The 'extraneous' sounds were apparently intentional.