Special Interest
August 22, 2019, 08:44:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Field recording with cell phones  (Read 6776 times)
Zodiac
user

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2016, 07:35:40 PM »

For me recording by cellphones gave more "digital" sound than a strict analog noise, but i prefer recorders in old phones like old Nokias. It had it's magic and leaves voices a little blured i can say.. plus, you can take it whenever you want so for me it's definitely a better solutions than tape recorders even if i couldn't get any "tape noises"

Can you name a Nokia model which got this recording function ??

Remember, remember... december.
ligature impression
moderate user

Gutter Bloat and related...

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 03:53:50 AM »

i have a tascam PCM recording app on my iphone (PCMRecMKII), works pretty well.  i wouldn't record live with it, but it's good for field recordings, particularly if you're just going to add effects to the sound..
I've used this app and the Zoom HandyRecorder iOS apps before, and they're pretty decent for voices if your close to the source. Better than the "voice memo" app. I have a hifi stereo recorder that I carry a lot, but the app will do when I'm without and compelled to lurk. I've actually been thinking about getting one of those hifi stereo attachments that work with one of the apps. They're small enough to carry everywhere, and with an extension cable, you could get way closer to your source.

cutter
moderate user

NylonFilthyKid

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 11:21:42 PM »

For me recording by cellphones gave more "digital" sound than a strict analog noise, but i prefer recorders in old phones like old Nokias. It had it's magic and leaves voices a little blured i can say.. plus, you can take it whenever you want so for me it's definitely a better solutions than tape recorders even if i couldn't get any "tape noises"

Can you name a Nokia model which got this recording function ??

good old nokia 6020, actually all models before Lumia i guess
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: