Field recording with cell phones

Started by Peterson, November 17, 2015, 06:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zodiac

Quote from: cutter on June 02, 2016, 07:59:49 PM
For me recording by cellphones gave more "digital" sound than a strict analog noise, but i prefer recorders in old phones like old Nokias. It had it's magic and leaves voices a little blured i can say.. plus, you can take it whenever you want so for me it's definitely a better solutions than tape recorders even if i couldn't get any "tape noises"

Can you name a Nokia model which got this recording function ??
Remember, remember... december.

ligature impression

Quote from: andy vomit on January 06, 2016, 11:24:15 PM
i have a tascam PCM recording app on my iphone (PCMRecMKII), works pretty well.  i wouldn't record live with it, but it's good for field recordings, particularly if you're just going to add effects to the sound..
I've used this app and the Zoom HandyRecorder iOS apps before, and they're pretty decent for voices if your close to the source. Better than the "voice memo" app. I have a hifi stereo recorder that I carry a lot, but the app will do when I'm without and compelled to lurk. I've actually been thinking about getting one of those hifi stereo attachments that work with one of the apps. They're small enough to carry everywhere, and with an extension cable, you could get way closer to your source.

cutter

Quote from: Staalwaart on July 31, 2016, 08:35:40 PM
Quote from: cutter on June 02, 2016, 07:59:49 PM
For me recording by cellphones gave more "digital" sound than a strict analog noise, but i prefer recorders in old phones like old Nokias. It had it's magic and leaves voices a little blured i can say.. plus, you can take it whenever you want so for me it's definitely a better solutions than tape recorders even if i couldn't get any "tape noises"

Can you name a Nokia model which got this recording function ??

good old nokia 6020, actually all models before Lumia i guess