VST, DX, plugin galore

Started by tiny_tove, November 09, 2015, 02:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteWarlock

send me PM if so inclined for doing beta testing on some comp trax...
Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
FreakMaker
SynthWizards/N01ZE

Cementimental

http://randomflux.info/1bit/viewtopic.php?pid=1378#p1378

updates the the ones i posted including this which sounds fun :)

In case anyone interested, yet another unrelated but hardcore retro addition to my VSTi's library - Flopster, sample-based plugin that plays floppy disk drive noises to make 'floppy music' without having actual hardware.

WhiteWarlock

The V.S.R. "Trioxin" CloudMaker VST for GranularNoise

FreakMaker
SynthWizards/N01ZE

.:Will:.

Ehhh...so...sorry for the potentially dumb question but, I normally record analog but sometimes mix and write in Logic Pro. I have laptop with Windows and was curious about trying these Gristleizer/Throbber and n0ize  VST's. I assume I need a DAW to check em out but how? Any suggestions?

Cementimental

Reaper is free-ish (unlimited endless 'trial') and great, try that.

.:Will:.

Quote from: Cementimental on March 13, 2019, 12:31:40 PM

Yeah I saw that one mentioned. Like I said, I normally use MAC and record with analog tape so I am not too familiar with how VST plugins work as far as just giving something a try like aforementioned plugins.

dust

looks for a VST WRAPPER that works in logic pro and test that as well

pentd

yo warlock dude, could you please link to those vsti's here? that is one cryptic website.....

i have to admit i havent been computering so much in the last 2 years almost... so i havent "found" anything new in a while, but my satellite is hard throbbing for this, if i ever have too much money:
https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/products/byome

and of course reaper just keeps getting better... the spectral editing is an amazing addition.... not to mention the FFT-based monster comp/eq/gate hybrid thing... 

but seems like i have reached my saturation limit of how much music tech i can take in. talkin to some audio wizards recently i realized i'm very happy using my "old" tools, and still scraping the surface.... i mean for example taking a look at glitchmachines tools... can it get deeper and crazier anymore? reading the manuals one realizes there are endless combinations of included features to work with. on the mangling/fsu side of things i cant imagine needing anything really. nowadays theres easy granular manipulation on smartphone.

maybe the real power, and future, of digital audio work lies in restoration/cleanup/forensic tools? adaptive comb filtering cancellation has progressed insanely, as has masking of residual signal after removal of selected spectral sectors.... at the risk of trading hi-fi for sci-fi!

WhiteWarlock

Short Circuit 2 has been discontinued. It is now freely available for download... fullversion
Vember Audio does not offer any support for it or exist...
thus having vanished into the WayBackMachine...
This VSTi Sampler was suggested by an old friend long ago... that did hardware sampling on Akai/Ensoniq.
After messing with Halion earlier today just went back for finding this buried treasure...
It also does SF2...(hmm may have coverted SF2 for Akai format... because Eye can do things like that)
just confirmed SC2 didn't load SF2... ShortCircuit1 actually does load them... hmmm
You can use Polyphone for easier custom SF2 Zoning/Layering & create some awesome sampler instruments.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/polyphone/

Short Circuit 2 is a software sampler in the shape of a VSTi plug-in for the win32-platform.

Short Circuit 2 was created as a reaction against the ongoing trend where software samplers are being designed with the primary intent of library playback. It is intended for people who, like us, consider a sampler to be a musical instrument in its own right, and not just a way to emulate other instruments. It has been a very high priority to make sure that adding and editing individual samples is as fast and logical as possible.

The sample hierarchy in Short Circuit 2 allow you to place samples directly at the highest level of the multi, without having to deal with instrument hierarchies and patches. Want to add a sample to your song? Just drag & drop the sample into Short Circuit 2 and you're ready to go. Samples can be put in groups for multi-sampling and kit-building, but the complexity is only there when you need it.

Sound quality is another concern, and Short Circuit 2 is using high-quality sinc-interpolation, together with oversampling when upsampling, to provide pitch-shifting without audible artefacts. What this means in plain English is that a sample played back at another pitch sounds like a sample played back at another pitch, without any additional muck.

Features:

Streamlined user interface for fast sample management & editing.
Splendid audio quality while resampling.
Flexible selection of filters & effects.
Powerful modulation system, with the ability to modulate itself as well as
loop-points in addition to the usual destinations.
Envelope follower.
Stepsequencer/LFO combo.
Imports wav-files, AKAI S5000/S6000/Z4/Z8 .akp banks and NI battery kits.

Shortcircuit was created as a reaction against the ongoing trend where software samplers are being designed with the primary intent of library playback. It is intended for people who, like us, consider a sampler to be a musical instrument in its own right, and not just a way to emulate other instruments. It has been a very high priority to make sure that adding and editing individual samples is as fast and logical as possible.

The sample hierarchy in shortcircuit allow you to place samples directly at the highest level of the multi, without having to deal with instrument hierarchies and patches. Want to add a sample to your song? Just drag & drop the sample into shortcircuit and you're ready to go. Samples can be put in groups for multi-sampling and kit-building, but the complexity is only there when you need it.

Sound quality is another concern, and shorcircuit is using high-quality sinc-interpolation, together with oversampling when upsampling, to provide pitch-shifting without audible artefacts. What this means in plain english is that a sample played back at another pitch sounds like a sample played back at another pitch, without any additional muck.

Download Short Circuit 1 here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150728162326/http://www.vemberaudio.se/pd/shortcircuit/shortcircuit-1_1_2.exe

Download Short Circuit 2 here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150719100100/http://www.vemberaudio.se/download/shortcircuit/shortcircuit2-0_5_1.exe 429 kb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoCv5nD7kLY

https://web.archive.org/web/20150719100100/http://www.vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php
FreakMaker
SynthWizards/N01ZE

WhiteWarlock

VOMITRON NoiseWall

4 noise source generators
separate Volume/Panning
Static Injector for creating noise from waveforms
SVF Multimode Filter
CV noise injected into Filter Frequency
also external input F/C to SVF Freq
midi automated parameters
VST for generating extreme noise walls
or use it for complex noise source generator
instant HNW albums
went with original concept name
"VOMITRON"
FreakMaker
SynthWizards/N01ZE

WhiteWarlock

My VST/VSTi systems are for the most part private/exclusive.
Eye reserve the right for being extremely discriminating who besides me uses them.
This is my custom created sound.
Not all secret weapons are for being shared with the public.
FreakMaker
SynthWizards/N01ZE

WhiteWarlock

Quote from: Cementimental on March 13, 2019, 12:31:40 PM
REAPER is a powerful but sensible Windows application designed for the recording, arrangement, editing, mixing and rendering of audio. REAPER provides a flexible but easy to use interface that is equally suited to amateurs and professionals alike.

REAPER highlights:

Extremely small footprint
REAPER is full featured, but its installer is barely over 1 megabyte. It starts and closes fast, and is easily installed on new systems or on portable drives.
Easy to use
Simply drag and drop one of many kinds of files in to edit existing material, or insert a track and arm it for recording. No complex project or definitions to set up.
Fast and powerful editing facilities
Split, resize, fade/crossfade, pitch shift, timestretch, copy/paste and loop media items with ease. Ripple editing is available, too.
Unrivaled routing capabilities
Send tracks to any number of other tracks or hardware outputs, with lots of options (pre-fx, post-fx, independent faders, mono or stereo). Not interested in advanced routing? You don´t have to use it (and it certainly won´t get in the way.)
Powerful recording options
Supports pre-fx, post-fx recording, can record mixed output of multiple tracks, etc, supports switching record inputs/modes on the fly, input monitoring options (including tape-style auto input monitoring mode), supports auto-punch-in/punch-out, and more. If you want. Otherwise, it just behaves as you would expect.
Wide open compatibility
Sane, human readable, human editable project file format. Support for reading and writing many common file formats. Support for consolidating track edits and rendering track stems, to enable easy export for other applications. EDL import/export for Samplitude and Vegas.
MIDI support
Support for MIDI files, recording MIDI, and VSTi/DXi softsynths. MIDI can be integrated and mixed with audio.
Customizeable user interface
User arrangeable user interface with color themes: make REAPER look how you want it to look, and arrange (or hide) elements of the user interface to suit your needs.
Bundled Effects and 3rd party plug-in Support
Includes built in effects including a compressor, gate, FFT EQ, and some basic synthesizers, and includes many Jesusonic effects, and supports many plug-ins (including VST and DX plug-ins) with full plug-in delay compensation.

0.999 is the last freeware version of REAPER, starting with version 1.0 the license was changed to very reasonably priced uncrippled nag-free shareware. Obviously, this is unsupported.
http://www.n01ze.com/synthwizards/ARKIVE/reaper0999-install.exe
FreakMaker
SynthWizards/N01ZE

pentd

yo, about SHORTCIRCUIT sampler VSTi....

get v1, because v2 is unfinished/abandoned and buggy... v1 is xlent, despite the microscopic UI

Cementimental

One great thing about Reaper is that you can actually sidechain, LFO and envelope-automate EVERYTHING.

Soloman Tump

Quote from: Cementimental on December 17, 2019, 12:11:49 AM
One great thing about Reaper is that you can actually sidechain, LFO and envelope-automate EVERYTHING.

You can do all that in FLStudio too.
I bought a license YEARS ago back when it was relatively cheap, and they still honour the free upgrades for life which I am extremely happy about because now it is a very powerful DAW.