FINNISH NOISE

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 20, 2009, 06:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

With the risk of travelling down the stoked/rad/awsome route I must say this looks solid Pasi. If the music performed was as powerful as the images then this was not a performance to be missed. By the looks of it BU have moved up a level.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

FreakAnimalFinland

It was, in my opinion possibly strongest BU gig. And it's captured on tape. I'm kind of sure, that material of that quality, even as simple unedited H2 recording, makes sense to be a tape or something.
There wasn't much of.. lets see, "posing". Pasi did noise and vocals very accurately. Behind table. No jumping around. Performance in front was solid performance art with perfect timing matching music, slowly growing intensity. Items piled up little by little, more blood poured in little by little, more naked flesh exposed little by little, until the climatic end in the very last moments of set. There was no light show. There was no video. Simply banners/"flags" and tasteful (or tasteless?!) performance. I think hiring someone to do you silkscreened flags/banners to put on tables under gear, it already sets the visual standard to new level.
Well, I never did it for Grunt, but for example Pain Nail always uses similar ones.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Plague Haus

Looks fantastic. I'd love to see some decent BU video. I doubt the few youtube clips I've seen does it justice.

Nil By Mouth

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 05, 2010, 10:21:54 AM
It was, in my opinion possibly strongest BU gig. And it's captured on tape.

will be an official release on the future?

XE

Quote from: Nil By Mouth on January 06, 2010, 12:17:56 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 05, 2010, 10:21:54 AM
It was, in my opinion possibly strongest BU gig. And it's captured on tape.

will be an official release on the future?

that BU piece "Arjalainen Lihavasara",
Live version will be included on upcoming live CD.Consists of live recordings 2006-2009. Will be looking most "professional" BU release jewelcase,color covers/booklet etc. going to look like CD at supermarket`s record shelves hah. I really like the idea that it looks very pro and sound will be even in BU standards utter "lo/fi"filth. Like live show at Rio de Janeiro played through almost home stereos and recorded w/videocamera heh!

BU is 90%live in studio in ööö studio. due to microphone placement and some good hi/fi mics sound is ofcourse stronger. "Arjalainen lihavasara" studio track will be on upcoming split LP w/WILL OVER MATTER.

Have to mention that another BU track "Joukkohauta" (upcoming split LP w/DEATHKEY) Recorded at same time as "Arjalainen.." those two kind of belong together.

XE

Quote from: Plague Haus on January 05, 2010, 11:14:59 PM
Looks fantastic. I'd love to see some decent BU video. I doubt the few youtube clips I've seen does it justice.

FA (IOPS?) got some plans...  We will see!

heretogo

Keep your eyes & ears on mrs. Keränen and Dassum. Yesterday there was the debut performance for this duo under the name Les Manures. And damn what a fine racket they made! Very much in the old school industrial vein with lots of metal bashing. A more balanced performance compared to their duo set at Kantis some time ago. This time they didn't aim for the eye of the storm immediately, instead preferred to develop the piece slowly and patiently. A very dynamic and tense set. Pena played the role of an enthusiastic wildman and Tommi was the German audio engineer with only a faint show of amusement on his face. Extremely good.

kettu

Quote from: XE on January 09, 2010, 10:01:18 AM

BU is 90%live in studio in ööö studio. due to microphone placement and some good hi/fi mics sound is ofcourse stronger. "Arjalainen lihavasara" studio track will be on upcoming split LP w/WILL OVER MATTER.

too bad this will end up carved in the black shit instead of a format I can listen to. but I can say that the track soundead pretty cool. I think its neat that somebody who might be considered practically set in concrete in his ways of making things( this is the way I think some see BU, people who might not be rabidfanboyasskissers) always making the same shit etc is able to noiseitup on such a wide scale of sound.  that particular session made the most of decent mics and even micstands( fancy!)

just because XE sounds like shit, one shouldnt dismiss the mainproject which in my opinion is surprisingly adventurous and experimental. preaching to the choir but still

then henrik can tell how les manure came about. I dont think ive seen pentti in helsinki before and just wondered what spawned  it

Henrik III

Quote from: niko penttinen on January 11, 2010, 06:09:30 PM
then henrik can tell how les manure came about. I dont think ive seen pentti in helsinki before and just wondered what spawned  it
Well, nothing too obscure behind it. PD suggested to do something together and here we go...

Nil By Mouth

Yesterday on the NBM home TV a german movie entitled "Die Welle" (The Wave, international title). It's curious to see that some propaganda posters are very similar to one of the SICK poster. Take a look

FreakAnimalFinland

Some updates to Finland.... I guess whole opening message band presentation could be re-written and expanded?

Zoat Aon
I believe has been on years long process of getting into harder and noiseir sound. Now changed name to Vanhala? Yet to see or hear. Just seen reports.

XXXX
did tape and some live non-action with their minimalist lo-fi electronic noise. It is like wall of noise re-dubbed on shitty tape so many times until only hiss and distant rubbish is present. Which mean, pretty good! hah.

INVISIBLE WAVES
relatively new project from 2008 onwards. Perhaps this slightly modern Prurient influenced (?) noise meets keyboards and heavily delayed throaty vocals..  myspace.com/theinvisiblewaves   I don't seem to get myspace working anymore, so don't know what type of stuff there is. Just have one promo CDR.

WHITEWATER ORGASM
One could say pretty much the same thing as above. noise meets keyboards and heavily delayed throaty vocals. Often too much of digital/computer like sound. It starts well, with stuff what sounds like amp feedback not far from XE or such, but the entire CDR I got, just suffers from production and vocal sound. Promising, though. Some stuff found also on myspace.

INSULAR
This has similar problems as bands above. In theory, it is good. It has the Hydra & XE wibe, with ultra high pitch tones (read feedback). And yelling. And some samples and more atmospheric throbbing electronics. But, first of all.. is samples from mp3's? Of is it recorded with cheap effects that provide this low bitrate feel to it? I mean, in times when bands like Mourmansk150 or such can do full length albums with such sound quality, it's maybe not bad to those looking for "extreme sonics", but those looking for sonic liquid gold poured to your ears, this not it. Vocals are little flegmatic.
I believe this is first release? So, if they get the sound corrected, it will be just about the standard good PE. That's easy as fuck. So next step would be finding little of their own.

more? I guess so. Will have the check who were mentioned in opening message. Feel free to remind.
And I could also mention to labels out there, probably lots of artists, especially the new one, welcome offers for proper release. Why ask the big shots, when you got the potentially good fresh blood lined up and ready to go. Just demand absolute best and reject the bad contributions instantly.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

XE

Goat93

Quote from: Nil By Mouth on July 06, 2010, 05:49:02 PM
Yesterday on the NBM home TV a german movie entitled "Die Welle" (The Wave, international title). It's curious to see that some propaganda posters are very similar to one of the SICK poster. Take a look

Just as Info, the German Movie is a Plagiat from the The Wave Movie 1981 US.

Propaganda Sheets with Bloody Hands are very Old ;)