SUTCLIFFE JUGEND 'We Spit On Their Graves' 10 x C60

Started by blackoperations, August 08, 2015, 08:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

official rerelease- maybe the upcoming sj gig in London is a good place to ask when official reissue due
as ever, feel credit and cash should go to original artists
copying for friends is one thing mass bootlegging another, unless artistes dead or clearly disinterested in fans interests.
in this realm of 'music' we are always dealing with past releases missed, original issues limited due to funds and contemporary lack of interest.
equally reissues are balanced against current releases, again cash/time issues prevail.
if people have spent and been ripped off for hundreds with this release then massive hard luck

for me, the past is great, but there is so much going on here and now that I can't worry too much about what I missed.
the new drives forward, otherwise there remains a limited, dead cannon of releases to buy/worship.

Theodore

Quote from: david lloyd jones on January 21, 2017, 07:59:38 PM
official rerelease- maybe the upcoming sj gig in London is a good place to ask when official reissue due
as ever, feel credit and cash should go to original artists

I remember some months ago Tomkins answered a question in FB regarding this expected reissue saying that the whole transfer / remastering to digital was almost done, after a lot of work, they sounded perfect but HDD crashed and lost all of them, and he is not willing to do it again from the beginning. I am not totally sure if those were his exactly words or what happened, not sure i remember correctly, but the point is that it's very difficult this reissue to happen, at least soon. I was waiting patiently for this ... Sad.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

yosef666

Quote from: theotherjohn on January 22, 2017, 08:15:25 PM
Ooof. Remember kids - always make back ups.

yosef666, I ordered a SJ tape set along with a number of other things last January after receiving a desperate sounding email from him asking if I [still] wanted to buy some items I showed interest in, albeit at a now-reduced rate - foolishly, I took the bait even though the deals sounded too good to be true. Why? Because I've met the guy before in person, bought from him before without issues and generally trusted him up until last year. As of today, still nothing received - not even a partial order, a refund or a recent reply. Don't I feel like an idiot now.
I feel like a sucker too.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

Hardcrush

Weird, I got one of these sets (which sound pretty good in my humble opinion) and it arrived just a few days later.

Although i did order it through discogs, but it was the same Paypal as mentioned in his initial post.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Si Clark on January 25, 2017, 04:30:42 PM
Very sad to hear this re-release probably won't be happening now. I can imagine if I had mastered 10 hours of material and then lost it all the thought of re-doing everything wouldn't be very nice.

added thoughts, this sucks, this denies local flutters, this results from addictioneer amongst others. 

GEWALTMONOPOL

Why order it in the first place? With the risk of being smug but it had bullshit written all over it from the minute it was dreamt up. Not as in scam, necessarily, but for fucks sake..."fan edition" or whatever he called it. Words fail me to even begin to describe how lame it is.

Big hails to SJ for putting their size 12 all over this venture!
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

ProgeriaYouth

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on May 10, 2017, 04:11:31 PM
Why order it in the first place? With the risk of being smug but it had bullshit written all over it from the minute it was dreamt up. Not as in scam, necessarily, but for fucks sake..."fan edition" or whatever he called it. Words fail me to even begin to describe how lame it is.

Big hails to SJ for putting their size 12 all over this venture!

Have to agree here. History repeats itself once more.

I've defended Gillham plenty of times for various reasons for years and years, always believing his heart was somewhat in the right place but I remain convinced, as I have for a couple of years now, that it isn't... certainly a talented musician but definitely an irritating cunt that doesn't seem to learn as time goes on. Lost a fair bit to the lad me sen (not any of these "fan editions" though) but have long since lost interest in trying to obtain a refund. Let's just say that someone with his "condition" probably doesn't frighten easily and is quite possibly used to having more intimidating folk knocking on his door than angry PE fans.

Parallels can be drawn here to the circumstances of the Blake Judd/Nachtmysticum saga for those familiar with metal scene internet drama/gossip albeit on a much smaller scale... but on a more general note, it seems there is a wave ("elite" is surely far too strong a word) of folk who seem to get away with this sort of behavior time and time again, Richard Rupenus for example, then those that can't get away with fuck all without being subjected to a full blown witch hunt; but very little in between.

Ah well.
Noise Label: http://www.turgid-animal.co.uk
Black Metal Label: http://www.legion-blotan.co.uk
Email: George.Proctor AT Gmail DOT com

bitewerksMTB

You'd have to have taken a hammer blow to the head not see why people want this set.

I think it was Hospital & Groundfault whom were all set to do this reissue back around the time GF was manufacturing the "Sex Sick" cd's. Eric told me a bunch of unreleased material had been located. After a couple of years of silence, I guessed it would never happen.

Bootlegs & mp3s are the only way people will be able to obtain the most vicious 10 hours of harsh electronics ever recorded (unless you can afford the original set or 10 LP bootleg). No amount of men in black with riot footage will ever come close to WSOTG.

GEWALTMONOPOL

Give me a reissue done by someone who knows their stuff, has the blessing of the artist and doesn't fuck you over and I'll be interested. Until then I can wait. Especially when it's done by a junkie fuck up whose contribution is hanging on the coat tails of others or being an eternal tribute act to them.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

yosef666

Quote from: theotherjohn on May 10, 2017, 03:53:33 PM
16 months later and I've still not received my order from Gillham... absolutely hopeless.
Same, nothing but empty promises. Scumbag.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

ProgeriaYouth

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 11, 2017, 10:16:23 PM
You'd have to have taken a hammer blow to the head not see why people want this set.

That's clearly not the issue here at all but good response...
Noise Label: http://www.turgid-animal.co.uk
Black Metal Label: http://www.legion-blotan.co.uk
Email: George.Proctor AT Gmail DOT com

ddmurph

my set arrived last week. for anyone still waiting, try contacting blackoperations [at] gmail [dot] com. i don't think the hotmail address is still in use.

Leatherface

Interested to give money to a sucker vs bootleg shits?

No way... ! ;)

Freek

Hmmm, would love to see this re-released officially, but meanwhile I understand why people would want to hear it...
Shame the Gilham connection draws a blank. I'm still waiting for some other tapes I paid for months ago (in fact October 2016).

The Japanese vinyl bootleg of SJ is a real boon though - I've had it for years and I'm finally down to listening to the final two albums ;-)

Leatherface

The official rerelease is actually in project, SJ is just thinking about what will be the best format/packaging.

So don't give your money to cocksuckers (who maybe copying mp3 on tapes).