FULL FORCE FRANK (recent interview)

Started by Neons Fanzine, June 02, 2015, 04:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neons Fanzine

Do you remember Full Force Frank?

I did an interview with him in 2013 for my precedent zine Sex Before Suicide.
You can read the entire interview here : https://neonsfanzine.wordpress.com/interviews/

But as a tease, here's the intro:

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, Full Force Frank made some noise in the underground scene with his notorious murder-obsessed xeroxed fanzines called Singin' Dose Anti Psychotic Blues and Livin' In A Powder Keg And Givin' Off Sparks. Adam Parfrey, owner of Feral House publishing, even decided to interview him for the second edition of his cult book Apocalypse Culture. « Frank, talk from a psychopath ». An insane man expressing his obsession towards violence, particularly mass murders, and women's feet. At the time, a copy of his fanzine could even be traded against a pair of used women's heels.

There had been much speculations over his identity throughout the years, who can be hiding behind this mysterious figure? We don't know much about him. According to Parfrey, Frank is a Brooklyn loner psycho, who was mentally, physically and sexually abused as a child. He grew up with a mind filled with anger and hate, not capable of any emotion. He said is soul is dead. « I've been a dead soul psychopatch since the age of 15 when I stabbed my father in the chest ». After nine months spent in Creedmore Psychiatric Center in New York, where he was drugged and had taken the oath of being under chemical straightjacket for the next five years, Frank was back home.

As an adult, Frank was/is living on the edge, hoping to go on a rampage someday, and to kill at least two dozens of people, his parents included. Psychopathic deeds and antisocial behaviour became his raison d'être. He was so outspoken about his killing plans that, according to him, even the FBI came looking for him. The issue came from an article from his fanzine, titled 'Handy hints for a messier massacre : a guide to maximizing the mass murderer's kill count.

'The making of a successful massacre involves the following: good guns, a powerful and LARGE quantity of ammunition, good shooting technique, element of suprise attack, inability of victims to escape from confined areas, good mental state of gunman, attack of a poorly defended location, and a single and clear-cut goal. In MY opinion, this is THE basic checklist of the ingredients needed for a successful massacre.

The record to break for mass killings in the USA using GUNS (it is important to Frank) is 21. On July 18 1984, James Oliver Huberty walked into a McDonalds in California and shot 21 people dead. But 21 is not so much to him. He can do better.

In this article, he gives advices to shoot, to choose your weapon, your ammunitions, or the perfect place.

The next point is « picking a poorly defended place to attack ». This is a bit more complicated. Obviously, to maximize the body count, you do not attack a police station. You may kill 3 or 4 pigs, but since there is an abundance of firearms there, eventually a pig will shoot you! I'm not knocking this idea- it's damn decent... but if you wish to achieve a maximum body count, it's the WRONG way to go!

On of the last advices is about the mental.

Sometimes a gunman has been found to be HIGH on drugs and/or alcohol at the time of the massacre. This is NOT common. Most massacres occur when the gunman is COMPLETELY SOBER. My personal opinion is that a person who is stone-cold sober as he massacres his victims is more likely to get genuine pleasure from the killings. More importantly, the massacre will be a completely honest and true expression of his anger, rather than having the emotions expanded or diluted by drugs and/or alcohol.

I feel that this is even MORE important if the gunman plans to NOT commit suicide- If he is captured, he will spend the REST OF HIS LIFE either in jail or a mental hospital. The WONDERFUL MEMORY of HIS massacre will have to sustain him for the REST OF HIS LIFE! If he was high during the massacre, his memory could easily be distorted or blurry. On the other hand, if he was stone sober, the details will remain etched on his mind and soul for as long as he lives, at least this is my opinion.

In late summer 1991, when Full Force Frank disappeared from the scene, Obscure fanzine interviewed some people who wrote to him to know what they were thinking about him. Some saw him dead, or in jail, that he was a fraud, or even that he was a fictionnal character invented by the FBI to gather informations on potential psychos...

« Someone could have killed him, you know — cops maybe, » said Mike Diana, underground cartoonist famous for being arrested in 1994 for drawing "violent" cartoons.« What I hope happened is that he's out somewhere doing heavy training for his massacre. »

In 1996, Mark Hejnor released Affliction, a video compilation about crazy people such as GG Allin, Annie Sprinkle or Mike Diana. Hejnar wanted to do an interview with Frank for the video but all he got was a VHS where you can see Frank showing his collection of guns in his appartment, and talking about mass murders.

When I discovered this man, this underground myth, nearly an urban legend, I was immediatly fascinated. His extreme attitude and opinions... I wanted to know more, so while searching on the internet, I found a website Frank created with a lot of articles that constitute the Manifesto of Forbidden Truth. Nietzsche was the 19th century's genius, Manson the 20th's one, so as he says he could be the new greatest philosopher of the 21st. The one that will be considered in one hundred years by an extraterrestrial race as the only real genius of this century.