blackhumor

Started by Johann, February 16, 2015, 06:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

Quote from: eraciator on July 03, 2020, 12:54:39 AM
Regional Bears have a comp cassette of "voice-based works" out tomorrow with new blackhumour track apparently.

From what I understand the tape has now sold out but can be listened to in full/downloaded here:
https://regionalbears.bandcamp.com/album/new-tulips

It's an excellent, excellent compilation throughout and the blackhumour track is great.

impulse manslaughter

Quote from: CMSFoundation on February 20, 2015, 07:38:45 PM
"Stutter" 7" (Kubitsuri Tapes): This is the epitome of bh's voice-that-doesn't-sound-like-voice approach. The loop is so short and so fast, it just sounds like a drone. You only know it's voice-based because you're told so. It could just as easily have been made by a synth or a noise box of some kind. Might be enjoyable to others, but I don't play this one often.

I remember listening to old Blackhumor cassettes online that I really enjoyed so I quickly grabbed this 7" when I saw it for sale on Discogs last week. Also because I love Kubitsuri Tapes. Can't really figure out what speed it's supposed to play and I guess it doesn't really matter. Nice to add this one to the collection but sound wise not very interesting indeed.