Gear used on classic PE recordings

Started by 13, November 29, 2014, 04:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pax Chetyorka

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on November 30, 2014, 10:38:17 PM
The myth has it that Whitehouse used a broken Wasp. True or not I suspect they also used other gear than that.
Total Sex has a gear list:

"Equipment used:
2 EDP Wasp Synthesizers
ElectroHarmonix Memory Man
ElectroHarmonix Flanger
Tone Generator"

sick

Brighter Death Now "INNERWAR"(CD )
Technical Data: Fostex X-15,Yamaha EMP-100,Yamaha Flanger FL-01,BOSS Dr Rhythm DR55, Tokai Analog Delay,Tapes And Vocals

Atrax Morgue "Cut My Throat" CD (Not a classic release but certainly a classic artists and I'm pretty sure he used this set up on most recordings"

CRUMAR SPIRIT analogue synthesizer and Yamaha multi-effect(I'm guessing he used an SPX-90 because I used to get those weird panning sounds that are on some of his vocals out of it before mine broke)

softmachine

Quote from: tiny_tove on December 01, 2014, 04:38:16 PM
Chris Carter on WASP synth http://throbbing-gristle.com/CHRISCARTER/content/sos/edp_wasp.html

that's a brilliant article

love the idea of the performer falling arse over tit, sending the 'flying WASp (still droning)' into the crowd *lol

mouth-watering stuff... i can only dream about finding that in a car-boot sale!

SUBKLINIK

Marco did indeed use then Crumar Spirit. I believe he also told me once he had one of the Siel synths, which makes sense as they morphed from an Italian company that I forget the name of.

PSYWAR LTD

Just listening to Atrax Morgue regularly as of late, is there any modern equivalent to the Crumar Spirit?

U235

I am very surprised about Atrax Morgue. I was sure that Corbelli was using a Six-Trak. But then, I also read somewhere that he used... a korg wavestation! If that was really the case, he would have had fun with the programming of the device... But that doesn't really correspond to the sound of Atrax Morgue. On the other hand, what about the Six-Trak, is it true or is it a myth?