Vocal effects and manipulations…?

Started by D. Davis, November 09, 2014, 01:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cementimental

QuoteAs for vocal practice, I've been using the car.
I remember reading some William Bennett interview where he suggests recording vocals in the car (and thus I learned that Juntaro didn't have a car)

beef__dada

ring modulation, modulation delay, stereo delays and of the such do me pretty good in messin up 'standard' audio.
WhwjapwoejraehraihwehJQHWHJQHJLEIOWROIHweoifhaerSEQWeW

birthdeath

Can you play the Korg MS-20 mini while running your voice through it?

birthdeath

Quote from: Cementimental on April 24, 2015, 01:45:01 AM
I probably could

So you mean when you run your voice through you could only "play" the synth with your voice and the knobs but not the keys?

kind of what I was figuring..

HONOR_IS_KING!

KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

Cementimental

Quote from: birthdeath on April 24, 2015, 02:23:47 AM
Quote from: Cementimental on April 24, 2015, 01:45:01 AM
I probably could

So you mean when you run your voice through you could only "play" the synth with your voice and the knobs but not the keys?

kind of what I was figuring..

No I mean I think it'd be possible to make a patch to play the Korg MS-20 mini while running one's voice through it

isomer

Quote from: Cementimental on December 04, 2014, 01:25:48 AM
QuoteAs for vocal practice, I've been using the car.
I remember reading some William Bennett interview where he suggests recording vocals in the car (and thus I learned that Juntaro didn't have a car)

I've done this before, recorded while I was driving on an open road. Probably not the safest option, but the whoosh and ambient noise was a nice effect for the vocals!

sick

Phaser/Flanger is cool with vocals that aren't scream and/or distorted. Like Haus Arafna,Genocide Organ,Anenzephalia use this effect and it sounds cool.

I don't have a synth but I watched a video of some dude doing vox through a MS-20 and it just sounded like a synth playing to the rhythm of his voice?

i like using panning delay,glitch-stutter delay,lots of the SP-303 effects, and tape manipulations on vocals

greylake

I'll second ring modulators and flangers. Ring modulated or amplitude modulated vocals always sound good. Flanged vocals sound good too, I always like the metallic effect that comb filtering gives, especially when the sweep is at its lowest setting.

greylake

A little compression before an FX send helps too

Bleak Existence

no all i know is that mooer is cheap chin fx

Peterson

Can anyone recommend a good analog delay or echo for vocals that can get wonky, squiggly modulations via knob-twiddling? I recently got rid of a half-decent digital delay that did some interesting stutter and warped "Wad"-style effects. Looking for the same possibilities, but with a thicker, warmer sound.

Cementimental

NUX Time Core is cheap and does pretty odd things when you turn the speed knob, plus it has some good sounds inc. backwards delay and very basic loop setting. Wish it had a dry kill tho (wish all delays did), might try to modify.