PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theodore

Little Seed - Golgotha [Lor Teeps] , 1987 tape : Orthodox Easter week here i picked this up to listen. Thematic release, the soundtrack to bloody stories from the bible, in 80s experimental fashion. Text is spoken to go fit with the music flow. 2 side-long tracks of various parts / stories with ambient interconnects. Atmosphere is easy, relaxed with some moments of tension. Musically simple but beautiful. Not something to impress but it always leaves a good taste whenever i have played it. Though, you have to be in that mood [?] i guess. For a break, for something different, it's very fine for me. - It's on YouTube : https://youtu.be/c0SwWGzaOms?t=2459 . "I 've betrayed the innocent blood" .
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: HateSermon on April 19, 2022, 02:11:21 AM
BLESS THE SICKNESS - "BLESS THE SICKNESS" 10"
Asrar

Total dirtbag electronics. Nothing trendy here. Minimal PE / loops from Pasi, hateful vox from Ravenlord (Woods of Infinity). I've been wanting this one for some time and finally pulled the trigger on it. Not disappointed! Asrar, of course, does a great job with the presentation. Nice thick cover and cardstock insert with full color print. "Pee for Bizarre Uproar."

I have been thinking about picking this one up for a while.  Where does this line up in Pasi's discography so far?  Murky p.e. or more on the sharp feedback side?

Verkhaner

Asrar

Total dirtbag electronics. Nothing trendy here. Minimal PE / loops from Pasi, hateful vox from Ravenlord (Woods of Infinity). I've been wanting this one for some time and finally pulled the trigger on it. Not disappointed! Asrar, of course, does a great job with the presentation. Nice thick cover and cardstock insert with full color print. "Pee for Bizarre Uproar."

Someone really needs to do a tape or CD of all the BTS material. I am sure it can only be a total win.

HateSermon

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on April 20, 2022, 06:57:15 AM
Asrar

I have been thinking about picking this one up for a while.  Where does this line up in Pasi's discography so far?  Murky p.e. or more on the sharp feedback side?

More murky. Track one is rumbling junk metal loops, no piercing feedback. Track 2 sounds the most "musical" with use of droning bass and drumming, close to the sound of Vihameditaatio's first track. Track 3 has long mid pitched undertone creating a sense of tension and anger. Subtle sample of torture (?) in background and vocals kick in. Very last bit of the B side is explosion of noise, a lot like BU's earlier work.
The vocals sell the release. Very pissed.
Overall, the material sounds like a rehearsal session. That room recording sound that BU and other Finns are known for (and my personal favorite). Vocals almost sound like they're recorded further away... or maybe no mic was used? Would be interesting to see the space.
As for tape release - I have heard a rumor of this being reissued with more material. Hopefully that's a reality. Curiosity got the best of me so I went ahead and ordered the 10" anyway. Will most likely get the tape too.

TS

Quote from: HateSermon on April 20, 2022, 07:12:36 PM
Asrar

More murky. Track one is rumbling junk metal loops, no piercing feedback. Track 2 sounds the most "musical" with use of droning bass and drumming, close to the sound of Vihameditaatio's first track. Track 3 has long mid pitched undertone creating a sense of tension and anger. Subtle sample of torture (?) in background and vocals kick in. Very last bit of the B side is explosion of noise, a lot like BU's earlier work.
Overall, the material sounds like a rehearsal session. That room recording sound that BU and other Finns are known for (and my personal favorite). Vocals almost sound like they're recorded further away... or maybe no mic was used? Would be interesting to see the space.
As for tape release - I have heard a rumor of this being reissued with more material. Hopefully that's a reality. Curiosity got the best of me so I went ahead and ordered the 10" anyway. Will most likely get the tape too.

Being an old fan of both BU and WOI, I'm buying this for sure. Sounds just right..
Kropper uten Mellomrom

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: HateSermon on April 20, 2022, 07:12:36 PM
Asrar

Thanks for the quick review!  Sounds interesting for sure.  I think I might wait for an expanded tape version, as I don't listen to vinyl too much.  Any idea what label will be doing it?

morbid_dyspepsia

Worth - Sacred Violence Noise (White Centipede Noise)

This is a mechanical onslaught of constant confusion and dismay, bursts of debilitated frequencies coming from every angle. Totally shameless and unforgiving. At first, you can't really hear the wild life and natural habitat of Nan because of the relentless and unhealthy aural psychosis smothering it.

Gorilla noise comes in next, caveman shit, creeping, oppressive. Everything sounds like it needs help. No aid in sight. Filthy feedback buries itself in a garden of Thailand agriculture and village routine. Blasted through a loudspeaker this could be reminiscent of Ghost Tape Number Ten used in Vietnam by the U.S. troops as a form of psychological warfare.

The user is, still, persistently trying to stop the feedback from escaping.

Things bleed through like blood rushing out of a fresh bullet-involved wound. By the end the listener may be able to make out the field recordings of roosters trapped in a kaleidoscope of derelict and neglected sound. This may have been the exact outcome the artist wanted in a spiritual journey to the East which makes it stand out alongside the rest of their discography.

The packaging is great and I have tricked a few people with the mouse trap upon opening it.

Up next Heretic Grail - With Ropes and Broken Will ‎(Angst)...

FreakAnimalFinland

LR "brother" 12"
Posh Isolation
Still very good. One sider vinyl with very minimal info. Meaning, no info at all. Without checking discogs, no recollection when this came out, but judging from material... sort of "mid period LR" if that description makes sense!

Raymond Dijkstra "L'opus ch" LP
Everybody loves Raymond? This lp has really eerie soundscapes, mistreated piano, delay tricks, very simple but effective technology, resulting good things... My assumption is that this artists is appreciated by handful of guys who will grab ultra limited hand made items from him, but vast majority of people don't pay attention?

V/A Wenn All Bruder Schweigen" 10"
Kapellmeister records
compilation 10" that probably never makes it to anyones favorite lists, but is good for being specific era of euro industrial sound. Like how often you hear stuff like INADE is here? Bleak drum machine, speach on the back, very minimal electronics. Such a contrast to bombastic D.B track that came before it.
O.C. Track is really neat. it is quite unlike many of their tracks. Wouldn't mind another O.C. Reissue collecting comp tracks.
Anenzephalia is bleak and very nice. Vocals quiet and buried below slow moving dark "power electronics" soundscape. Also, compilation of Anenzephalia comp tracks would be more than welcome!
In recent times, I think G.O. has not submitted any masterworks to compilations. On this 10", song ain't dogday or WPF type of anthem, but good solid track with many of the known GO characteristics.
Con-Dom track been reissued on Shards... comp 2xCD, its painful high electronic sound with some choirs/hymn barely audible on the back.
While comp has no obvious hit songs, it presents the bleak and unique euro pe/industrial sound of this time and certainly good item to have.

Changes / Cavernous Condition split 10"
Neofolk split. Changes is one of my favorites on genre. CC here is utterly bizarre. Blunt acoustic guitar driven neofolk, but with... guttural almost death metal style growling! Damn... For lovers of eccentric bizarre music, this is quite a treat! It is sort of ballsy move to growl over neo folk like this, hehe...

IRM four studies for crucifixion 10"
Cold Meat
Its not very long since IRM was last on my turntable. If you want more early IRM sounding aggro vocals and harder sound, this 10" is good to go too. I like later works too, but I remember when IRM first started, it was pretty damn hard hitting new act that would be part of the shifting sound and production of "power electronics" of early 00's.
This is 20 years old release, but being Cold Meat release with fairly big print run and perhaps also 10" format, you can still get it cheap. Especially first track might have one of the most juicy and aggressive vocal sound of IRM releases.

T.G.V.T. "Paralysis" 10"
power & steel
It is very rare occasion I wonder how did the TGVT sound like. I do think about occasionally, as band has some unusual things. Lots of members, only few releases, name that always stick in my head since the 90's.. I guess I have only this 10", neither of the CD's. I got also the LP of one of the members solo, Yoris Ondera on Tesco org. One of the Tesco titles that has been cheap for years and never seems to sell out, hah..
Anyways TGVT early 90's German ritual industrial. At least some members lived in Mannheim and one of these guys ran studio responsible for mastering GO "truth..." album in the 90's. This is good mix of harder, almost death industrial type gloomy and grey soundscapes and almost tribal industrial elements. Always dark, though. Anyone has the TGVT CD's How are they compared to 10"?

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

cr

Just listened to Alessandra Zerbinati – Slice Me, I Love You Lathe cut 12" on OEC. Really like this. Yet have to see the accompanying DVDr. More infos here https://www.oldeuropacafe.com/catalog/category/slice-me-i-love-you.html or here https://cocaproject.art/artists/alessandra-zerbinati-coca20/

cr

And right now, Bizarre Uproar - Mother DLP on Asrar. One of my favourite BU records. Nice to have it on vinyl too.
Really looking forward to new BU, hope it comes soon.

cr

Hopefully the CD will arrive in the next couple days, but Fuck! - the new "Himukalt - A third fantasy" is amazing. I really like all her records, but she's just getting better and better. Couldn't wait, so I listened on Bandcamp.

FreakAnimalFinland

I would guess that 2006-8 are not generally voted to be among noteworthy years of Japanese noise? Usually when you check out shelves and check out discogs for more info, many times older stuff and tapes of Japanese noise tapes are all listed, often high priced and wanted. Late 00's CDR's is entirely different thing. Often items nobody has even listed to discogs, if it has been, only couple owners and never for sale.

Erehwon CDR
This Erehwon cdr titled in japanese I can't type here, is soundtrack for dance performance is pretty good, probably among their best, just cdr format makes it less collectible, less interesting. There are some perfect drones, neat spaceous metal junk screeching and noisy moments. Hour+ of stuff.

Molester "Rostov-On-Donu" CDR
maybe one of his very first ones? Live show from 2008 on pro-CDR, but privately distributed. Some of his works is leaning more to "power electronics" - perhaps most of all due the themes. This one, surely it can be filed under vile and disapproved interests, but musically pretty straight forward live harsh electronics. I remember meeting him in one of Japanese gigs, and man gave me bunch of items and some magazine as gift. Decade later, still appreciated!

I think now there could be good time for some label to try to do anthology of forgotten years of Japanese noise. Just to see if it would be appreciated like the oldies always get attention no matter if wouldn't be absolute best..

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

HateSermon

Hal Hutchinson self titled tape
2022 Der Bunker

Conceptually this piece isn't too different from Hal's recent solo work, but still is a stand out in his discography. It acts like a stripped down version of last year's "Cold Industrial Experience". A picture is painted in my mind while listening to this material: Tape loops that sound corroded and found in some burnt down abandoned warehouse in a grey wartorn land. Perhaps the sounds of the churning machines are samples from the workers long ago? The minimal design of the jcard - stamped with the :HH: symbol - then burnt on the edges (each copy varying to a certain degree) - offers a physical manifestation of what Hal might be trying to accomplish here. Timeless, bare bones, repetitive, and put through the ringer. This is noise for fanatics of raw sounding loops. Strongly recommended.

Fistfuck Masonanie

High recommendations for the new Hal tape. Funny enough, I listened to it for the first time last night and drafted a very similar review but you beat me to posting it. Hal is the tape loop and metal work master, always very excited for each new release. There are I think at least 3 distinctive pieces per side of the tape and each has a uniquely different sound while all remaining in a lo-fi crude tape work realm. Side B might have had a little more improvised "live" noise if I remember correctly. Will return to this regularly.

This and the somewhat recent Zylkon SS - The Demoralising Effects Of Noise tape are top notch. Each subtle tape drop on Der Dunker from the last couple of years has been quality.

HateSermon

Awesome. Yeah its gotten to the point where each release of his is an instant buy. There are a handful of guys like that out there for me.