PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

N P "6725 schnittwunde" tape, aka Necromantic Phenomena. One of those obscure japanese noise bands you don't hear that often. 1985 tape on Masami's label is fierce noise, somewhere between Incapacitants and Gerogerigegege! Some may still remember mostly the 3 different collaborations N P did with Thirdorgan back in late 90's, one being CDR on Self Abuse!
Actually checked the discogs for more info and Fumiyoshi Suzuki actually was member of Gerogerigegege in the mid 80's. Also few tapes of Zeni Geva. This tape on ZSF product is not even listed at discogs. I think, this might be very first of the N P stuff. Front cover says 6725 schnittwunde on top, N P on bottom, and spine of tape Necromantic Phenomena. ZSF Produkt 1985. Fumiyoshi Suzuki operated himself Omnipresent Records that put out bunch of stuff from mid 80's to late 90's, but no idea what all may have been done.

WINCE "Mushed Down Retadation" tape, short and brutal harsh noise. Waiting impatiently when project changes name, so could be advertized "artist formerly known as wince".

Altar of Flies "Five Tapework Compositions (For Throne Heap)" tape, I guess one of those lousy high speed dubbing tapes.. annoying high pitched snap appears like every 5 seconds. Known from certain tapes of other labels who used a bit defected dubbers... Too bad, since it is ruining a bit of this tape. Not his best, for sure, but decent stuff.

Lettera 22 "P" tape, never disappointing, always neat Italian noise with their own twist! Less to say, but possibly best of the tapes in this pile!

Arv & Miljö "öppna vattendrag" tape. Swedish tape noise, eh eh... on Posh Isolation! Raw and very hand made vibe, also not his best, but I like basically all A&M stuff I have heard.

TAETER "parasite" tape, Italian turd master with his project what probably hit closest to my sweet spot! While the feedback or buzzing synth may be the ABC of power electronics, there is something else with the vocal delivery and atmosphere, that makes Taeter stand out among projects I would conclude to be: Underrated! For fans of the sleazy & juicy. Vocals are so excellent in this.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

IRM - Virgin Mind 2xCD - Cold Meat Industry, 2005
It's been quite a while since I've given this a spin but damn does it hold up. I fell in love with this album and IRM at a really rough time at in my life and it drags up some of those memories and feelings when listening to. Soundtrack for a suicide type vibes, or at least some bloodletting. I used to be frustrated that there weren't more PE style tracks and that there's so much more instrumental/dark ambient type stuff, but now, that's almost the best part. I'm always blown away when it starts because the first track, "Janus", is relatively simple but so fucking effective. The call and response vocals with alternating effects, the slowly building noise, the extremely grim vibes, and the Joy Division reference. Woof. I will say if you're fairly familiar with Sarah Kane and Joy Division that will enhance your appreciation of this album and any IRM release.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

MT

Mania -  "Miserable Disposition"
Mania - "If They Move... Kill Em"
Mania - "Eros + Massacre"

Represses of the tape Tommy Carlsson did for Keiths medical fundraiser. These tapes are absolute killer, they are mastered LOUD and have real punchy sound. I recommend everyone to get these, that tasty early Mania period with Taint brutality and creeping in his Manias more brooding and striking work. A real pleasure to go through all of these, "Miserable Disposition" being my favorite out of three, if I had to choose.

Treriksröset - "Venal" tape
My exposure to Treriksröset should be a lot better, but it isn't. So tapes like these blindside me so hard, what a monster tape. From beginning to end highly conducted noise onslaught with great sound and ever evolving, interest peaking material. Best harsh noise release I have heard in a long while, like there's nothing bad about it. Everything is on spot when it comes to my taste of harsh noise.

absurdexposition

Quote from: MT on January 13, 2022, 07:47:12 PM
Mania -  "Miserable Disposition"
Mania - "If They Move... Kill Em"
Mania - "Eros + Massacre"

Represses of the tape Tommy Carlsson did for Keiths medical fundraiser. These tapes are absolute killer, they are mastered LOUD and have real punchy sound. I recommend everyone to get these, that tasty early Mania period with Taint brutality and creeping in his Manias more brooding and striking work. A real pleasure to go through all of these, "Miserable Disposition" being my favorite out of three, if I had to choose.

I will rep the dubs on these tapes until the day I die. They almost sound like CDs! Crystal clear and loud.

The material is great, too, obviously. Eros + Massacre may be my favourite. Essential editions regardless.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

HateSermon

+1 for Miserable Disposition, but they're all essential. Great quality print job on these too.

Hal Hutchinson "Cold Industrial Experience" FA 2021
Material that lives up to the title! I think its safe to say that Hal is in his own league when it comes to harsh industrial loops. I've listened to this release 3 times in a row - something that I don't do often. Its more restrained than previous works of his, but each sound is carefully calculated and strategically placed. Plus, the recordings have an overall grit to them... perhaps different sound sources were ripped from tapes or vinyl? Just a guess. Highly recommended.

MT

Nicole 12 - "Braces" 7inch
Breaking in a new vinyl player and decided to toss this on the platter. Other than how good it sounds, the material is probably the best N12 there is. All the elements I like, pulsating synth, tasteful scrap metal rattle, effected spoken word vocals with excellent lyrics. What else do you need? There are no weak spots in N12 discography, but sits on the top for sure.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: MT on January 16, 2022, 01:55:13 PM
Breaking in a new vinyl player and decided to toss this on the platter. Other than how good it sounds, the material is probably the best N12 there is. All the elements I like, pulsating synth, tasteful scrap metal rattle, effected spoken word vocals with excellent lyrics. What else do you need? There are no weak spots in N12 discography, but sits on the top for sure.

Just listened to this one the other day myself. Still my favorite N12 material. "In The Spotlight" is the kind of hit track 7"s are made for.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

-NRRRRK-

Cannibal Ritual - La Montagna Del Dio Cannibale
Single sided C-60 with one long HNW track. There is structure and pumping and you can make out traces of some source-material. Not his best material.

Cannibal Ritual - Brutal Abortion/Fetus Slaughter
Released shortly before (or after or at the same time, I cannot remember) as "La Montagna...". Same kind of C60, this time with two tracks on a- and one long track on b-side. Enjoyed it a lot more than "La Montagna...". Static, monolithic HNW with little to no variation throughout. Nice textures and a little bit of structure. Again, there are some hints of the source-loops.

FreakAnimalFinland

Deathkey "Throne of Blood" CDr
DK is perhaps not very appreciated in "scene", but when you actually listen to it, it is such and odd and unique stuff. I was wondering what the hell is this, and turns out I forgot all about it. CDR made hand numbered 5 copies, that has early, demo version of material that partly ended up later on Doctrine... double album. Its all different mixes, different vocals, full cd worth of stuff, complete with booklet and all. One of tracks ended up in compilation cd, rest was re-worked for the album. One track withDer Sturmer guest vocalist sounds as if Cruise era Whitehouse was being crunched into crackling noise by The Rita. Project is certainly for "aquired tastes". My fond memories is when RRR put out DK debut album with FA. Ron concluded that he wanted to put out vile noise album, and he knew this is it, but didn't expect reactions it was causing. Haha. I was not even among the original labels that were supposed to put it out, but ended up in the game due being guy who could walk into printer and look eye to eye and say "print me these covers, please" and not be bothered about what they may think about it, hah..

Many often wonder how come from all the nasty stuff out there, DK gets unusual amount of heat. I don't really know. DK gig in Finland back in 2015 was funny. It made it even to newspapers. One newspaper put out article with my name on it, despite I was not organizer. I called newspaper to ask was it really that "I was not reached to give comment".. and turns out journalist had not even tried, just made up stuff. They apologized. Venue windows were spray painted night before gig and driving back home, seeing TV screen where was news bit running on TV text channel. Maybe DK was not the biggest news, but it did spice up the story a bit. It's nice to see noise controversy reach real media, heh...

Damion Romero "Plate 1 / Triad / Feedback In A Lovers Telegraph" CDR
P-tapes
Another great CDR I have not listened for ages, I suppose! Came of 1999. It's mostly the distaste for cdr, as stubborn as it may sound. Covers are not very luring, but sound is something that I do wonder why there is not more reissues of DAMION ROMERO!!? Doesn't he want to reissue anything? Isn't there labels to do it? It seems almost sad that there would be this good minimalist drone, destined to be rotten on cheap CDR... Someone, please, Romero CDR's into cd set, and I'd be happy to grab some.

I was glad to receive some guy send me email, suggesting to trade some 2nd hand stuff for new items in my mailorder. Of course. If you got something I want, trades are welcome any time. Even if you have no label, but just 2nd hand stuff you want to get rid off. I may be interested to trade, especially for stuff I put out. This time got couple LP's, bunch of tapes and this old NWW/Whitehouse 150 murderous passions CD. It is the early 90's UK cd, so it has slight disc rot appearing. Plays all perfect. I only had United dairies tape, and Susan Lawly anthology version. This album is so fierce and painful, that I really welcomed this CD version too. Vinyl rip, isn't it!?

Airway "Live At Zebulon " CD
Troniks. If you want old free-noise, grab this. It is wild.

Wasteland Jazz Unit "Mind Obscured ‎" CD
Troniks
Really really nice harsh noise with a bit of sax and such things, but I'd say jazz haters don't be fooled by name or instruments. It is sheer harsh blast.

Jackson-Pratt "romantic phenomenon" CD,
another nice Troniks release. So far, didn't hit as hard as WJU or Form Hunter, but it is also different from these. Showing nicely how you can easily grab entire Troniks CD batch (also Cherry Point Black Witchery) and trust they will be different from eachother, but also deliver the goods. I guess you know where to finds Troniks titles!

Form Hunter "Violent Adaptation" CD
Troniks
Form Hunter CD, has been on stereos multiple times. It sets the standard for harsh noise pretty high.
I was today listening new Grunt noise CD master, home, car, work, making sure it would be as it should. It's almost exclusively harsh noise, and in 2022, it feels like... with this type of CD's coming out, one can't just fart out -whatever-, but noise cd would have to be really damn good to stand out. It might be that, or just smelling own farts is quite satisfying.

MT

Umpio - "Insektio" tape
Umpio - "Arkivo" tape

Umpio has had strong track record for me, before these the magnificent "Kulotus" 2CD blew me away, which is ridiculously good 2 cd worth of Umpio annihilation. These two tapes aren't as merciless but certainly are a warm punch in the face. Arkivo consisting of field recordings and such, I expected something more mellow, but it has it's gritty side. Insektio tape also runs smoothly from beginning to end, entertaining the whole time.

Taint - "Justmeat" LP
Excellent release of excellent Taint material, mid 90's, kind of raw style. Samples, loops and metal mashing. Works like a charm, sounds tasty and sturdy! B-side has ripping vocal work! Been a long time since I've spun this one. Out of interest took a peek in Discogs, and holy crap, people are asking for 200e for this nowdays...

MT

Silent Abuse - "Epäsikiö/Narttu" 7 inch
Never seen anyone comment this much, which I find weird cause I believe this came out in the wild dayz of F&V. Not a F&V release but heavily related. Epäsikiö side has cruchy wall of noise and intense female vocals talking and shouting about how she wants to get rid of a deformed child. Putting it in a bag kick it to the ground. "Narttu" side starts with boots walking on the floor and low intense hiss of noise. Continues with kicking/whipping session sounds of a male slave, chains tingling. Ends abruptly just when the dominatrix starts  aggressive shouting, mid sentence. All good clean fun! Perhaps not the most noise hit 7" but definately a good one.

Gerogerigegege - "Mother Fellatio" 7 inch
Bought this last summer as a bday present to myself. Pretty much the most perfect noise 7" there is. Essential to any collector, or a noise fan. Sadly goes for high prices nowdays, and even last summer. Dozens of one-two-three-fours and intense, brutal, and wild noise for seconds. 10 out of 10.

FreakAnimalFinland

Last night, Cherry Point "Black Witchery" CD,
Troniks
three short releases compiled on CD and reissued on digipak. Harsh noise with very electric and sharp approach.

John Duncan / Mika Vainio / Ilpo Väisänen 9 suggestions CD.
Not that special, despite duncan and pan sonic dudes. Some louder stuff in beginning, and then pretty quiet electronics.

Karl Runau "Beyond Frequency" CD
Galakt Horro
came 4 years after Osmose album (which was recently reissued). It is nowhere near as good as debut album was. Vocals have "better" production, which is kind of shame, as the debut has such odd lo-fi vocals. Music is also quite different. Clumsy and simplistic experimental industrial. Drum machines and synths, often kind of random and not in sync. That isn't problem at all. It is kind of shame that nowadays so much industrial or electronic music is kind of mathematically in tempo, and for example the above mentioned Panasonic or Mika Vainio early works were best exactly when they were oddly out-of-sync and drifting in chaotic polyrhythmic patterns.  Perhaps in this album, I am not just fan of sounds and production.

Händer som Vårdar "Never Blink" tape.
I didn't know if this project was even active. Some of the Swedes of "this style", seemed to slow down or disappear. This tape is newest thing I just got. 2019! Crackles, analogue tape processing and all that gives dark and decayed feel, but music itself is calm and atmospheric drones, subtle sounds and reversed tapes, hands-on modulations and processing. Song develops noisier and noisier. Not sure if he plays this live, but could be? It feels to me, that Sewer Election tape works, Altar of Flies, even Arv & Miljö gets mentioned far more often, and Hänser Som Vårdar sure got one LP on Järtecknet, but other than that, just fairly small tape releases scattered here and there. I am not sure if artists doesn't want to do CDs or something, but would feel odd that stuff this good wouldn't be hunted by people who run labels that put out "albums"? Tape sure has better stuff on in that Karl Runau or Duncan/pansonic guys... hah..

Theodore

Iugula-Thor - Penetration Practice Pledge -GROSS- tape : The first arrival of the new year came earlier in the week. Just played. I remember Opera be noise, this is power electronics, of the old-school 'uneasy' kind. Heavy mass of dirty sound, so good ! Half an hour, when it finished i felt completed. But now typing this, is calling me back. Going to listen again.

Edit : Have to remark how rich high frequencies sound here. By Sshe Retina Stimulants. And the overall 'space' . Air live recording ? Like you are in the room !
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

impulse manslaughter

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 17, 2022, 06:30:52 AM
Quote from: MT on January 16, 2022, 01:55:13 PM

Just listened to this one the other day myself. Still my favorite N12 material. "In The Spotlight" is the kind of hit track 7"s are made for.

Yes, one of my favorites as well. I actually somehow vividly remember the moment i played it the first time.

Some stuff I recently bought + listened to;

Evil Moisture - Gak CD; love EM and bought this 90's 'classic' because the original LP is missing here. I like the chaotic, spastic cut-up noise collages but it demands a lot of attention and somewhere halfway I lose interest. The short EM releases seem to work better for me. Still, nice to own.

Julius Eastman - 3 Extended Pieces For 4 Pianos 2CD; the 3 titles for the songs are like an autobiography; 1. Evil Nigger, 2 Gay Guerrilla, 3 Crazy Nigger. Outsider mininal music composer/low-life from the 70s with some of his most well known pieces. Enduring organic piano drones like a mix of Glenn Branca and Phillip Glass. Exhausting, extreme music but somehow also rewarding. Not something I'd play often but a nice listening experience.

Aprapat - Hot Lava Shampoo CD; crunchy harsh noise with enough variety to keep me entertained. In your face mastering that's punchy but missing some dirt. I have to give it a few more spins but certainly left a decent first impression.

Sarah Davachi & Sean McCann - Mother of Pearl CD; great cover artwork with subtle gold foil printing. Family affair from this couple. Never heard Davachi's music but she's pretty well known I guess. Bought this mostly because I try to follow Recital Records. This 70 min. cd includes a bonus ep but the whole things floats by without noticing you're listening to 2 different releases. Great mix of field recordings, drones, etc. Works both in the background or as a focussed listening experience. Lot's of little details to be discovered.

Eliane Radigue - Opus 17 2CD; minimal feedback works from 1970. I have 1 other Radigue cd and rarely listen to it because it's too subtle/minimal for my taste. Decided to give this one a try and it's indeed much better. These pieces creating a nice claustrophobic, nihilistic atmosphere. Reminded me a bit of William Basinski or closer to home; Kevin Drumm ‎– Imperial Distortion. Nice discovery.

Pain Jerk & John Wiese - Chocolate Grinder 7"; one sided 7" that feels like a leftover track from their collaboration material but god damn, what a perfect harsh noise assault. Impossible to play just once.

Joe Colley - Trying To Play Other 7"; typical Colley work; conceptual but also with an eye for sound and composition. Spoken word, randomly played by a CD player on shuffle, edited into 2 sound collages. Always a pleasure to hear his latest material.

Wolf Eyes - Dull Murder 7"; bought this to complete my set of Wolf Eyes 7"s. Just another typical Wolf Eyes record but I kinda forgot how good they were in their heydays. Have a stack of their cd's upstairs. Guess it's time to revisit and get nostalgic.

Rectifier - Atonement 7"; hard to find and obscure 7" from 83. Released on the classic hardcore label Local Anesthetic and hailing from Denver. On my wantlist for years and I finally was able to grab a copy. In 83 this was distributed in the UK by Come Org somehow. Don't know if there was a connection, it's hard to find any info on this mysterious act. Cover looks like a classic power electronics release but the sounds are more lofi rumbling and analog noise mixed with some vocal samples. Certainly has a classic feeling to it and certainly worth checking out.

tiny_tove

Quote from: Theodore on January 23, 2022, 07:46:02 PM
Iugula-Thor - Penetration Practice Pledge -GROSS- tape : The first arrival of the new year came earlier in the week. Just played. I remember Opera be noise, this is power electronics, of the old-school 'uneasy' kind. Heavy mass of dirty sound, so good ! Half an hour, when it finished i felt completed. But now typing this, is calling me back. Going to listen again.

Edit : Have to remark how rich high frequencies sound here. By Sshe Retina Stimulants. And the overall 'space' . Air live recording ? Like you are in the room !

I still believe the this and wheel of the process are Iugula's best works. This tape has some monster sounds.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0