PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcreteMascara

A lot of non-noise listening lately...

Dystopia - Human=Garbage CD - without a doubt one of the most inspirational albums for me. A sludge classic.

Pig Destroyer - Prowler in the Yard CD

ILSA - Tutti Il Colori Del Buio LP - great new sludge/old-school death metal band from DC. Saw them last weekend with Dropdead, Magrudergrind and Cough and they put on a hell of a show.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Ashmonger

Alright, got a double tape deck last week, done with listening to tapes on shitty walkman!

Sewer Goddess - Dejection Veil (C32, Rotting Chapel): First release of Sewer Goddess (though reissue), I think. Already knew the track Reflection from the Gutter from the Manifestations on the Road to Death comp. Overall, it seems SG delivered quality from the first release onward, although it seems later releases are more focused and filthier.

The Vomit Arsonist - Reason (C30, Nil By Mouth Recordings): First the packaging: first time I really have to cut open the packaging to get to the actual release, pretty cool. 5 sober inserts (black and white) of which on one of them the text was not readable, bit pity, but by know I know what it says (I know how it will end). Black spraypainted case, black tape. All elements of the packaging go well together. Then the music: sounds typical The Vomit Arsonist stuff, synths, noise, cool vocals. First two tracks had some sounds of which I first thought it was kind of the tape hissing, hehe. Can't tell much about the Bloodyminded cover (ie how it is compared to the original), since I'm not familiar with this act. Overall a very good tape and one that I'll certainly have to listen a couple more times to fully get it.

Survival Unit - Thought Trigger Target (CD, Autarkeia): Good Survival Unit stuff. Second album I own, after Will to Zero, which I think is just a bit better, because it's more intense. Is there a mistake in the tracklist? Because it says that track 9 is Anthrax Zone, while track 10 starts with the anthrax speech sample and clearly has the lyrics Anthrax Zone in it. One of the best tracks on the album anyway.

RG

Bereft - Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh Aso's Gheibh Sibh Feoil cassette
Habeeb - Corpsegrinder cassette

Enjoying these two tapes quite a bit. Good, muddy industrial shit. Really like the minimalism of the Bereft tape. Is other Bereft material in a similar vein?

Also...
Ke/hil - Hellstation LP - only given this one listen so far but I like it. Some really nice sounds on here. I haven't heard a lot of Anenzephalia, but would you say this is more similar to that project than GO?

Quote from: Ashmonger on March 20, 2011, 02:14:01 AM
Alright, got a double tape deck last week, done with listening to tapes on shitty walkman!

For the past few months all I've had is a new Sony walkman playing through my stereo system. Had to resort to that because the two tapedecks I've bought on eBay (a Nakamichi and a NAD) have both crapped out on me with seemingly the same issues.

bitewerksMTB

KATHARSIS vvorld vvithout end & fourth reich LPs over n' over

Hope I get more than 1 copy of NOISEWAR when it's released. No t looking forward to it as that was some of my worst material.

heretogo

Junko & Mattin - s/t LP
I seem to recall reading some very negative comments about this from the esteemed forum owner. But I like it quite a bit. Sure, it's annoying and the noise has virtually no depth to it. But somehow the hyperactive atmosphere of the record suits certain moments in life. Like just now. Just pure assault on ears, no aesthetic value whatsoever. I just wish I had the balls to play it extremely loud - but unfortunately I'm way too sympathetic towards my neighbors.... And to be honest, I can't envision circumstances where I would be inclined to play both sides back-to-back.

Whitehouse - Quality Time LP
I was previously only familiar with Birthdeath Experience, which I thought was pretty nice. But this is even better, works on more intricate levels. Moods change from menacing to downright disturbing pretty quickly. And it's quite amazing how "tight" the tracks are, considering that it's not really done in a song-based form.

FreakAnimalFinland

I think it was the pinknoise CD of Junko/Mattin I disliked quite strongly? LP as far as I remember is better.

Anton Nikkilä "kytkentätaulun valot" 7"
Bought this based on being finnish, being Nikkilä, featuring Taanila in some track. What should I call this? Post-punk meets minimal electronics with slow rock drive. Obscure surreal finnish lyrics. I'm more curious of "Pilottilasit" comp CDR what exposes the Helsinki underground electronics 1981-1987.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

magnus

BAPTIST SKIN COMMUNITI - keyhead/redskin - tape. Very basic "wall" noise, at times it sounds like its falling apart, at times it´s pure white noise, but mostly it just drifts along with no fancy shit, yes, its good!
DEATH WORK - tape. Don´t know anything about this, looks like people spraying pesticide on the coverimage, no tracktiles. Short tracks, primitive like prime Sutcliffe Jugend, the best power electronics i´ve heard in a long time, still it doesn´t get me going at all anymore...
SEAGULL - conquering worm - 7". Short, 1 sided 7" of minimaly evolving static noise, i can´t say why i find this record so fascinating, but it just clicks. Great one! Have he done anything else?
EVAN PARKER & PAUL LYTTON - collective calls (urban)(two microphones) - LP. UK improvisation from 1972, mostly saxophone and percussion, but also some tapes, electronics etc. I swear at times it sounds just like early Whitehouse minus the vocals! Very noisy and really fantastic record!

Molluskground, Inc.

Quote from: P-K on March 19, 2011, 06:20:50 AM
Quote from: Tommuel on March 18, 2011, 10:06:33 PM
Skinny Puppy - VIVIsectVI CD

can "ebm" be more industrial? twisted masterpiece!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgVQ9ywr_4Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YLTezRX97c

Underrated, too.

Julie Christmas - The Bad Wife LP
Julie Christmas - Coextinction Release 5 2xAAC
Burial Hex / Zola Jesus - Split LP
Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead 12"
Pregnant Spore - Death Panels C24
Klit - Cock Hunters C40
Mazakon Tactics - Submerging In Shallow Waters C30
The Vomit Arsonist - Reason C30

ConcreteMascara

^^^^^^

Gotta say Human Disease (S.K.U.M.M.) will always be my favorite from that album. Perfect combination of rhythm and misanthropy.
[death|trigger|impulse]

kettu

wolf eyes/sickness:There Is A Part Of Me That You Will Never Know
-very good. has there been discussion on collaborations? my own take on them is that most  are shit and I have a strong aversion to mail collabs but I doubt this one was made face to face so there are exeptions, edwige was good too.

tunnel canary: jihad 1978-1984
jupiter larssen did a column on this in the alap rag. found a rip so I decided to edjucate myself. very good, fucking noisy compared to the noise of now and the band quit a year prior to my birth. what does that say about the going ons of 20??

enoch: graveyard disturbances
horror soundtrack music from big names killjoy and mirai of sigh. im a fan of the "genre" so I liked it alot.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: niko penttinen on March 25, 2011, 06:31:02 PM
wolf eyes/sickness:There Is A Part Of Me That You Will Never Know
has there been discussion on collaborations? my own take on them is that most  are shit and I have a strong aversion to mail collabs but I doubt this one was made face to face so there are exeptions, edwige was good too.

I'd say another mail-collab worth mentioning is the BizarreSSmania LP. I think it's very good example of talent being combined to show the best of each artist instead of just watering down their respective skills.

I've heard mixed reviews about the Prurient & Kevin Drumm CD on Hospital. I personally think its the best thing K.D. is connected to but I'm probably in the minority for this. Apparently Prurient and K.D. have done a lot more material together but Dom told me that K.D. is not comfortable releasing it so I guess it will remain unheard... :(
[death|trigger|impulse]

kettu

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on March 25, 2011, 08:06:41 PM
I'd say another mail-collab worth mentioning is the BizarreSSmania LP.

aint heard it, ive hold it in my hands and smelled it but havent heard the noise.
I wonder which ones ARE done face to face. BU+gelsomina was legendary in its greatness but again im not 100% sure if it was done in person.

ConcreteMascara

I think that was part mail, part live? I haven't heard that one myself, been searching for a copy for 2 years!

I suggest getting the BizarreSSmania asap if you can.

Listening - V/A - FILTH LP - Beastly. Too good to be so limited I think. I guess you had to quick, lucky or fanatic to get a copy...? Not generally a fan of Ramirez related projects but the Priest in Shit track is punishing. BU material is similar to the WOM Split and the Deathkey Split. And N12 does not disappoint, even harsher than I expected. Hopefully new full length will have tracks like this!
[death|trigger|impulse]

ironfistofthesun

"enoch: graveyard disturbances
horror soundtrack music from big names killjoy and mirai of sigh. im a fan of the "genre" so I liked it alot."

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!! is there a lp version of this ?