PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urall

Quote from: Baglady on October 11, 2019, 11:07:39 PM

Sounds like a passionate and a little bit too eager archeologist making a mess at an execration site after having one too many drinks. It's beautiful.

this description :D

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on October 11, 2019, 08:13:27 AM
Jeph Jerman – Arcane Facture
Big buncha bink bonk, clink clonk. Metals on metals. Stones. Glass. Scraping across rough granite surfaces.
Love the new album as well. And yeah, in a backwards way it had me thinking of Hands To, but with the present day Jerman Skills to it. Sounds like a passionate and a little bit too eager archeologist making a mess at an execration site after having one too many drinks. It's beautiful.

I listened this instantly 3 times, and was hoping to listen more, but there is HEAT SIGNATURE "Disguised human presence" CD, WINCE "Shame" CD, BIZARRESS -CD, HYMENAL OPENING "Red Hymen" CD, etc...  Each deserving more listening! Once in a while one thinks there is not enough good stuff coming to supply noise addiction of guys who are in position they can listen music pretty much all day everyday - yet often also comes realization that there are so fucking many great albums one would NEED to listen over and over again to fully appreciate them.

For example within week listened EXTREME MUSIC FROM JAPAN compilation three times. Still today, it is album I think could be on player constantly and not being boring. Yet for sake of hearing other things, have to file this to CD shelves and move on to next things.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zeno Marx

Randy Greif - Verdi's Requiem 1997 - not known to be necessarily on the gloomy side of ambient, this is relatively dark and eerie; if you're one looking for seasonal sounds, this might be of interest - his play with Pink Floyd's "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" on "Sunset - For The Control Of The Heart" works surprisingly well within the rest of the album, and I'm not really one for such things.

VA-The Cornshucker's Frolic V1 (Yazoo)
VA-The Cornshucker's Frolic V2 (Yazoo) - a favorite old music label - 78RPM transfers.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

bitewerksMTB

What is BIZARRE SS?!? I feel like I've been kicked out of the band :-(

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 12, 2019, 09:10:24 PM

This is bizarre + sick seed session. No info on cd. Almost all just black print. One track - but really good one. Different from BizarreSSMania cds! It has elements of new BU, elements of SS, but also... new?

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 12, 2019, 09:46:13 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 12, 2019, 09:10:24 PM

This is bizarre + sick seed session. No info on cd. Almost all just black print. One track - but really good one. Different from BizarreSSMania cds! It has elements of new BU, elements of SS, but also... new?

Pasi is sending the Biz SS & a bunch of other releases to me soon.

I listened to SPK the other night & will be checking out the new Teitenblood late in the week plus the Python 7".

FreakAnimalFinland

TREPANERINGSRITUALEN 'ᛉᛦ – Algir; eller Algir i Merkstave' LP
Cold Spring
I was not sure what to expect, since I did not read any of the descriptions. Or lets say: I actually did expect this to continue ways albums have progressed! Song oriented, musical, growl-heavy industrial beats. But no. Instead there are two side long dark sound sculptures. No vocals. No song structures. Quite free flowing drones, few percussive hits, but no beats. No "rhythms". Not so far from 10" that Tesco did. I like it, but just as the other discussion about "metal percussion" on this forum, there is this question, how much you need the low end humming drones, slow colossal distant voices, echoing "gong"-esque sounds and bow-scraped metal objects? Well, I guess question is as relevant as do you need anymore "guitar music"? Do you need "beats"? etc...  At this point of history of Dark Ambent, sounds what we have here, is all well known and familiar from countless albums. Yet, for me, this TRP album is actually more interesting than couple albums before this! It has flow that is not so mechanical, it is dark, in ways that is no way cheesy. It is dark ambient pretty much in a way I'd prefer to hear dark ambient! Barely recognizeable keyboards. Just floating suffocating soundscapes and somehow "hand made feel" opposed to programming.

ConcreteMascara

Sadio - Sensuous Agonizing Play cassette - Freak Animal - now I've heard all of the Sadio material leading up to this tape, except the last album, and it's all very enjoyable but I wouldn't call any of it mind-blowing or album of the year stuff. just really good sexually violent p.e. .... but then I put this tape in the deck and what the fuck!? it's a whole new level! album of the year type material. to me it sounds like all of the tapes ever released on IOPS put into a blender with big chunks of Grunt's Sacrosanct Imperium tape thrown in. Specifically the track "Gas Chamber". The sound is raw like untreated leather but there's also a sort of rubbery-ness to it all. best I can say is imagine ripping part truck tires with a circular saw,in a pit of quick sand, and your boss is on the intercom yelling at you to do it better. and you are drunk on varnish....  so yeah, check this one out!

The Vomit Arsonist ‎– Nihil Dicit cassette - Deathbed Tapes - ltd to 40 copies?! that ain't right. for my taste this is the best Vomit Arsonist material I've heard. I think my opinion is boosted by the shorter run time and that tape saturation adding a physical element to the sound, but that tracks are really good too. the a-side has a nice build with the last track "Cycle" being one of the one TVA played in Providence two weeks ago if my memory serves me. and the b-side continues the quality all the way through to the end. I had to instantly start the tape over after my first listen. I hope this material sees a reissue or expanded edition or something because this is too good to be limited to 40 copies.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on October 15, 2019, 04:41:16 PM
Sadio - Sensuous Agonizing Play cassette - Freak Animal - now I've heard all of the Sadio material leading up to this tape, except the last album, and it's all very enjoyable but I wouldn't call any of it mind-blowing or album of the year stuff. just really good sexually violent p.e. .... but then I put this tape in the deck and what the fuck!? it's a whole new level! album of the year type material. to me it sounds like all of the tapes ever released on IOPS put into a blender with big chunks of Grunt's Sacrosanct Imperium tape thrown in. Specifically the track "Gas Chamber". The sound is raw like untreated leather but there's also a sort of rubbery-ness to it all. best I can say is imagine ripping part truck tires with a circular saw,in a pit of quick sand, and your boss is on the intercom yelling at you to do it better. and you are drunk on varnish....  so yeah, check this one out!

Sold!

PedestrianOrgans

Is this actually available somewhere? I tried finding copies awhile ago and I don't know what the dealio is.

FreakAnimalFinland

Some copies of Sadio tape was sold at Tower Transmissions. Mailorder copies will be available during this month

Zeno Marx

I used to flip through (probably) collectively hundreds of copies of Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will The Circle Be Unbroken at Cheapos. I didn't know that's what it was, though. I thought it was a big classical music LP set. I never looked at any of them close enough to know. Weird personal deal blows mind.   I'm sure it was some stupid association like Civil War + 1812 Overture (cannons) + multi LP set = classical.

This is a damn good album. Old mountain folk and original country/hillbilly homage album with endless original old hillbilly stars on it. Better than The Byrds - Sweetheart of the Rodeo by a longshot. There ain't no rock here. I'm impressed.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on October 11, 2019, 08:13:27 AM
Jeph Jerman – Arcane Facture
Big buncha bink bonk, clink clonk. Metals on metals. Stones. Glass. Scraping across rough granite surfaces.
Love the new album as well. And yeah, in a backwards way it had me thinking of Hands To, but with the present day Jerman Skills to it. Sounds like a passionate and a little bit too eager archeologist making a mess at an execration site after having one too many drinks. It's beautiful.

I would agree on all that has been written about Jeph's new cd. I like the photography, as well, but if I had to pick between the cd and LP, I'd go with the record as I absolutely love all of the churning rocks and dirt on side one.

Heat Signature & Wince's new cd's are goddamn wonderful bouts of harsh noise esp. that third track on "Shame". Jeezus!

I'm listening to Teitenblood's "The Baneful Choir" on bandcamp. CD/LP are in transit to me but I could not help but sample a few tracks. The soundscapes are interesting; vocals seem really low in a song or 2...

TS

OCHU - Unproduktiw

Just great. This guy really has the ear for choosing just the right sounds and then not complicating them any further. Delicious. In my opinion just as good, maybe even better than "Tvärrsnitt".
Kropper uten Mellomrom

andy vomit

The Vomit Arsonist ‎– Nihil Dicit cassette - Deathbed Tapes - ltd to 40 copies?! that ain't right. for my taste this is the best Vomit Arsonist material I've heard. I think my opinion is boosted by the shorter run time and that tape saturation adding a physical element to the sound, but that tracks are really good too. the a-side has a nice build with the last track "Cycle" being one of the one TVA played in Providence two weeks ago if my memory serves me. and the b-side continues the quality all the way through to the end. I had to instantly start the tape over after my first listen. I hope this material sees a reissue or expanded edition or something because this is too good to be limited to 40 copies.

i am very open to a reissue if anyone wants to take that on, hah..
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com