PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impulse manslaughter

Yeah, right! I really, really don't like "modern pop albums", but all of Lana Del Rey's albums are just really good. Consoling pleasures, somehow.

I enjoy stuff like Marissa Nadler from time to time.. According to my girlfriend she sounds like Lana Del Rey. Never bothered to check it out though as she has terrible taste in music..

Bloated Slutbag

Kiran Arora – Formication
Ever wake up in the middle of the night to find a cockroach crawling all over your face? Only to find that the one is not just one, but several? Dozens? Hundreds? A full and fevered cockroach clusterfuck? Now, you too can share in the experience. In the dawning metamorphosis between fever dream and waking horror, in the altered state that splits mind and body, in the nebulous shift of perspective: animal to insect to flattened, twitching, bits. In the uncertain spatial distribution a kafkaesque clusterfuck of possibility. In the distance, cockroach clusters of seismic proportion, massed and thundering, blotting out the sky. In the up close and personal, hordes of mindless insectile excrescence, pricking, poking, slipping, slurping. Slipping through the cracks, in the 'holes, up the crack, down the hole, slam dunks, regurgitated chunks, gulp, glug. Fucking disgusting.
     Dead silence. Ho-hum room ambience. Yawn. Stretch. Like, when's this thing gonna get gowwweern? Eh? Prrdint? Yi sy sm-thig? Quite the nice build, of tension. Slow, stealth-like. Classic, classy. The empty amplified space filling up with more. More empty amplified space. But a louder kind of empty amplified space. Which come to think of it weren't so empty after all. As Eldritch Gears creak into motion the subtle gradations of form 'n essence expand, filling the 'holes to their capacities, and beyond. By the halfway point realization dawns that we are in a full and proper raging of full and bodied thunder bludger. Thunderous bludgering essence, and, not to put too fine a point on it, HARSH. This HARSH continues for a good minute or so, before the machine cuts out, leaving the room with extended pud flubbering session of low key farting around. Very guts churning bottom ended pub flubbering farting around. Man vs stubborn machine, eldritch gears frozen in place refusing to budge, irreplaceable parts sputtering in the silent intervals. But persistence has its rewards. The pud flubbering farting around soon droops into looped low end oscillation, set off with acoustic clicks, presumably the attaching of the Nerve Clamps.
     Then the fucker turns on the machine and it's like, like, li-iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Nerves set on fire, twitching uncontrollably in fever-wracked red zone convulsions. This is it. The formication. Super charged particles attacking exposed nerve endings, biting, tearing, clawing. Chattering insectile hordes swarming over blistered skin surface, surging in concert like some DENSE, cyclonic, mass. Yet even at  its most monolithic and wall-like the thrashing core is palpable, rippling beneath sinewy carapace. This feels alive, bloody, breathing, a constant sense of forward motion driving each fresh 'n fleshly drilling intrusion. Here is the essence around which the album, en masse, spirals. Heavy, meaty, full-flavored, sufficient in overloaded capacities as to provide the 'holes, and speakers, a good and proper workout, shaking the foundations to their core, never really content to bask in the almighty thunder, continuously seeking new heights to conquer, new depths to plunge.
     Quick plunge, now, through the Descent Sphincter, to deep and echoing recesses, dark cumulonimbus accretions clouding out the particulars. At the three minute mark, sudden pinched pressures feed claustrophobic panic, big ol' arse stuck in a particularly narrow passage. Then the fits of frenzied seizure, claws, pincers and other sharpened protuberance taking steely knife-scrape to burly unyielding thunder wall. A last ditch scrape-scrap fields hosts of more cumbersome machinery, slamming heavy and hard, and seemingly making progress, graphite dissolving into crumbling bits as determinedly gritty drill-action hollows out the an increasingly rickety foundation. Freedom beckons, craggy surfaces progressively smoothen out to a higher-ended chromium scour.
     Only, to judge from the follow-up track, to have the whole thundering bludger-wall collapse, completely squooshing our poor pudgy hero flat, tiny twitching bits crackling in the near frozen bedrock. The oversize drill-bit now appears to be aimed at the prefrontal lobe, repetitive ripping textures progressively worming their way through the increasingly fragmented cranial surface, ripping apart, torn, broken, shattered. Soon, the prescribed Drill Therapy reaches its inevitable denouement, high-end static particles sizzling among liquefied remnants of flabby brain tissue slowly draining out the hollowed chamber, subdued acoustic elements flushing into perspective. The final procedure calls for more sensitive instruments, plastic-coated drill bits, or scrabbling cockroach hooked to a length of wire, quiet explorations making contact with a pair of tonsils fighting the gag reflex.
     Finally, the tonsillar explorations are subject to steadily increasing amplification, heavier bulging protuberance digging into the soft tissue. Then the fucker turns on the machine, and the inevitable unloading of the insectile horde. Their entry is as painstaking as it is exacting. Huffs and gasps meet regulated electro-blurt, ill-voiced horror-wheeze fighting each incursion ever deeper into encroaching sphinct-crunch. Clawing, scrabbling, pinching, biting. Running Rife over exposed skin surfaces, drilling into every available crevice, or suggesting the possibility of new crevices where needed. Eventually the scuttling wriggling feeding frenzy reaches a sibilant liquefied consistency, eyes rolled back, final moments drawn out in whitened frieze of drooling sputter-hiss. Fucking disgusting.

Digest spew:
Full-flavored multi-textural crunch-floods caught in the uncertain metamorphosis between monolithic harshwalls and superdense spasti-particles, ripping the whole apart from the center-out. Scrabbling, clambering acousti-flits scampering across flatulent whole-flesh surfaces, fur clad venus winking in and out of frame. In the altered state, perspective shifts, splits, caught now in a kafkaesque regurgitation of big angry pink things, monstrous vermin willing red-hot scorching heat on the teeny insectile frame. Love the smell of neurons frying the morning.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Marko-V

Quote from: cr on September 19, 2019, 09:21:49 PM
Quote from: wonderland_media on September 18, 2019, 02:18:00 PM
Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell
I know this isn't really typical for this board but have been listening to this album nonstop since I got my cd copy in the mail. So many beautiful, sad, crooning tracks about the need for intimacy and to be taken care of. I love her voice and image (I mean, duh, she's fucking hot) but some of the tracks on this album are just stunning. "Venice Bitch" has to be my favorite...a 9 minute psychedelic rock anthem with probably the catchiest hook I've heard in recent years. "Fuck it I love you" is another standout. "Happiness is a Butterfly" and "Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - And I Have It", the two closing tracks on the album are equally beautiful tracks. Lot of piano ballad type pieces but they work so well. Could have done without the foolish Sublime cover "Doin Time" and the track "Bartender", but otherwise I'm not complaining. Great, great modern pop album.

Yeah, right! I really, really don't like "modern pop albums", but all of Lana Del Rey's albums are just really good. Consoling pleasures, somehow.

I fuckin' hate piano ballads, so that's why it is the weakest entry in LDR's discography.

acsenger

Quote from: wonderland_media on September 18, 2019, 02:18:00 PM
Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell

I don't listen to pop music and had never heard Lana Del Rey previously, but I gave this album a try and I love it. Such a great album. I'll check out LDR's previous stuff too.

Balor/SS1535

"Lily the Flesh" - Bizarre Uproar

This is probably my favorite Bizarre Uproar recording that I have heard thus far.  The simple atmospherics of the noise blend very well with the movie samples, without becoming overpowering.  To me, this record represents what it is possible to achieve if one possesses utter dedication to a specific vision, and highlights that simple components in the right configurations can go a long way.

FallOfNature

Vetala ‎– Retarded Necro Demential Hole LP
Title pretty much says it all, that's exactly what it sounds like. Very hit and miss band that are capable of both creating some top tier deranged BM or just sounding like some drunk cunt taking the piss. This one falls into the latter category.

Menacing '84 ‎– Hail '84 CD
Dig this project, in particular this release. "Fear Culture" is a standout track, great vocals.

The Vomit Arsonist - Nihil Dicit + Gone tapes
Some of the strongest material to date from TVA. Definitely deserves a nice CD/LP of each.

Active Decay - Putrescine tape/bandcamp

Rotten lo fi electronics/noise. Cool stuff and the right duration for this kind of thing. Slaughter Prod/Murder Release style material, done well.

Vile Gash - Agonized Corrosion

Barely two minutes here unfortunately which is a massive shame. Very rough and hateful HC and one of my current favourite bands.

IVX

Quote from: FallOfNature on September 26, 2019, 02:55:14 PM

Vile Gash - Agonized Corrosion

Barely two minutes here unfortunately which is a massive shame. Very rough and hateful HC and one of my current favourite bands.

I've been just obsessed with this band. Kind of annoyed with the length of this too, but only because it's so great.

Eigen Bast

Vile Gash rip - that last LP is exactly what I want out of hardcore. They're incredible live too.

Raven Dark - Foretasting the Death by Birth
Ice cold BBH black metal. Ildjarn hypnosis riffs and totally blasted production, borders on tedious but remains compelling. Proudly incompetent. Some frustrating audio artifacts on the CD (weird high pitched tone on the 1st track for example)

Soloman Tump

The Vomit Arsonist - Nihil Dicit
Some of the strongest material to date from TVA. Definitely deserves a nice CD/LP of each.

Following your recommendation (and others in this thread) I downloaded this via bandcamp last night. Have to say I am mightily impressed, it's right up my street.  Its a Frankenstein - bits of noise, PE, industrial, doom and drone all grafted together to form a monster and it really works (for me, at least)

NaturalOrthodoxy

Menacing '84 ‎– Hail '84 CD
Dig this project, in particular this release. "Fear Culture" is a standout track, great vocals.

underrated project! Really good album

brutalist_tapes

no remorse - this time the world
probably my favourite RAC record of the stupid and overtly offensive variety. all songs are basically primitive anthems of bigotry and hate, like it should be. perfect for a friday! if the day continues in this vein it'll be maybe evil skins, early mistreat, landser..

FallOfNature

Gelatinous Symbiotic Cyborg - X​-​Fusion Testing Zones And Remnants of Biosynthetic Research
Project involving a friend of mine. I've long been a goregrind/cybergrind devotee but haven't heard anything like this. Don't really have words for it. If gore/cybergrind is your thing check this out.

https://gelatinoussymbioticcyborg.bandcamp.com/releases

Paroxysmal Descent - Manifest Attrition CD
Release date is tomorrow but I was lucky to get a copy from the artist last night and had it on repeat most of the day. Current bias aside PD has been my favourite Australian Black Metal band since the first album that came out over a decade ago on Total Holocaust. Where the debut sounded more introspective and like a guy who was quite displeased with himself (think Xasthur's best stuff, Abyssic Hate), this album displays a lot more outward fury and anger. Best tracks - Mask Of Ignominy and Blood Narcosis. - https://paroxysmal-descent.bandcamp.com/album/manifest-attrition

Terror Noxpheratur - Blood Beast

Bizarre, badly mixed, noisy, chaotically played, inhuman sounding Black Metal from a lone Portuguese maniac. Never heard anything remotely similar so it's hard to make a reference point. Think Beherit played backwards and pitchshifted. Fucking nuts in any case.

Linekraft ‎– Subhuman Principle LP
Heard a few things from Linekraft here and there, CD on Malignant, tape on Nil By Mouth....interesting stuff but nothing that stuck with my usual tastes. Enjoying this LP quite a lot however. Definitely talented and going to be a grower.

Nox Insultum ‎– Nox Insultum
More bizarre Portuguese BM. Voice is familiar...same guys behind Occelensbrigg maybe? Who knows. It's fucked up and I like it.

bitewerksMTB

I like the Tesco LINEKRAFT LP more than the Hospital release but I need to give it another listen.

Baglady

LASSE MARHAUG - Xerography C20 (Joy De Vivre)
A solo tape from Marhaug. Doesn't happen too often. Well, there was another one earlier this year, but I havent seen it for sale in Europe so... But I'm very glad I got this one. Bumpy, bouncing rubbery and unpredictable noise. Bleeps, weird thuds and bomps, rumble, scree, disfigured music samples and skidding magnetic tape. Lovely titles as well, "In the mood for Atrax Morgue" had me laughing out semi-loud. Noise CAN be both fun and great you know. I really hope he hasn't recorded his last proper solo noise album.
Anyone in Europe who's selling the The Bastard Doesn't Dream cassette?

absurdexposition

Quote from: Baglady on September 29, 2019, 09:42:00 PM
Anyone in Europe who's selling the The Bastard Doesn't Dream cassette?

I've still got copies in stock. CA$5 shipping to Europe!
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com