PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazrs3

Retroactive Jealousy – Long Soft Next for Temporary Exclusivity. Tape. Putrescent Tapes - Nasty walls and samples dealing with the death of Alyssa Funke. Very poignant and intense. This was part of a bunch of releases I got from the said label, this one was the highlight.

Rotting Shrine – Do You Believe in God? – Cheap Food Records – Cassette. Got this one for my blog, it's themed on the Columbine Murderers, particularly Dylan Bennet Klebold. Really sharp raw noise and sampled dialogue of a woman talking about her relationship with religion and joining a convent. This along with the Active Denial tape is my face recording from the label.

Soloman Tump

Currently working my way through Third Noise Principle: Formative North American Electronica 1975-1984

60 tracks across 4 CDs, full of previously unreleased tracks, demos, out-of-print and hard to find gems.  All sourced from North America / Canada.
A few noise / industrial tracks included, and some great early synth / electronics included.

Its out on Cherry Red, I also recommend the first two volumes in the series that cover UK and Europe.

Link

SiClark

Quote from: Soloman Tump on January 29, 2019, 11:44:06 AM
Currently working my way through Third Noise Principle: Formative North American Electronica 1975-1984

60 tracks across 4 CDs, full of previously unreleased tracks, demos, out-of-print and hard to find gems.  All sourced from North America / Canada.
A few noise / industrial tracks included, and some great early synth / electronics included.

Its out on Cherry Red, I also recommend the first two volumes in the series that cover UK and Europe.

Link
Amazing! Thank you for sharing, wasn't aware of this series, will definitely check it out.

Soloman Tump

I was going to start a thread about it, it probably deserves it.
They don't seem to advertise very much but I figured a number of people here would be interested.

ConcreteMascara

Linekraft - Chaos State 1 cassette (Three Plugs) - very grateful that I got a copy of this from Masahiko in a trade last year. listening to it again last night, it's got a rough version or two of tracks from Engineering Analysis Of Inner Death and I think from 33 Purgatories, though the tracks might be bleeding over in my memory. Not essential if you've got those albums, but really good stuff regardless. If only I could find Chaos State 2 I'd have a complete collection of everything from 2015 onward.

Grunt - Petturien Rooli CD (Freak Animal) - I've gushed about this album so many times here but I'll say it once more, if you're into power electronics this is a mandatory purchase. at this point I'd consider this a perfect album. can't believe I've been listening to it for almost 10 years straight now! tempus fugit.

Lieutenant Colonel Cooter ‎– Substandard Operating Procedure cassette (Wonderland Media/COOTIRSF) - similar to the audio-collage & noise mash-up of Besmirched 2: Uncut, but a little less fun and a lot more menacing on the B-side. personally I really dig the sample heavy collage stuff. it reminds me a bit of Skinny Puppy's most manic sound collage moments, but slowed down to a narcotic crawl. what will this Cooter do next?

Geography Of Hell ‎– 19 September 1985 Mexico City / 19 September 2017 Central Mexico cassette (Hospital Prod.) - the restrained end of the GoH. this one reminds me a bit of the Dresden 1945 tape, but less freeform. the b-side has a phantom pulse to it that I dig. overall it didn't blow me away but it wasn't a bad way to spend 20 minutes. gonna have to give it a few more listens.

Hängd ‎– Med Repet Runt Halsen cassette (Jartecknet) - still one of my favorite releases from this label. choked industrial vibes all over this one.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Lazrs3

[CODE/NEDA] - Tomorrow Double The Body Count. cassette, Unrest Productions. I bought this after I heard the YouTube preview on Facebook. For some reason I like playing it in the evening a lot. It's not like a lot of the simmering slow stuff I hear, sounds a haunted and ominous. The more I play it, the more I bond with it. I definitely want to get The Death of Neda. Really builds up brilliantly as it progresses.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Lazrs3 on January 31, 2019, 12:05:48 AM
[CODE/NEDA] - Tomorrow Double The Body Count. cassette, Unrest Productions. I bought this after I heard the YouTube preview on Facebook. For some reason I like playing it in the evening a lot. It's not like a lot of the simmering slow stuff I hear, sounds a haunted and ominous. The more I play it, the more I bond with it. I definitely want to get The Death of Neda. Really builds up brilliantly as it progresses.

Very good tape. Only thing it suffers, may be the quite abundance of solid heavy electronics releases done during recent years. It doesn't make this less great, yet excitement was somehow bigger when this good releases were rarely done. Still, I'd say that some of industrial labels should look example of Unrest who pulls out these quite unheard projects to make releases that crush most of the veterans...

SMELL & QUIM "Your Enemy's Balls" CD
Red Stream
What is quite rarely done, is albums like this. First of all, by label who profiled mostly on metal. Even S&Q didn't manage to be this good so often. First couple albums solid. They are darker than this. This is funny, yet musically innovative and unsual. There are few noise tracks and sort of retarded "PE", but most stuff could be lumped together with some NWW type odd sound collages. Just with extra dosage of perverse humor, like naming tracks "Honey I butt-fucked a pig".

HALO "Guattari" CD
Relapse
It's been ages since I listened to Halo. Out of some of these slow and heavy bands, bordering music and experimental, Halo seems to stand out in test of time.

BLACKHOUSE "Five Minutes after I die" tape
Ladd-Frith
I recall man saying that in scene where "everything goes" and nothing is too vile, when band expresses christian faith, people get agitated. Perhaps this was in the 80's. Now pissing off people barely requires bold crusaders. This is probably favorite of Blackhouse releases. One long more experimental piece on a-side, intense, noisy and energetic beat oriented tracks on other side.

LE SYNDICAT FACTION VIVANTE "The cph sessions" tape
Bacteria Field
another very good session from the live electronic duo. I feel repeating myself, but must conclude dubbing on tape added good extra spice to this. Material itself, very vivid and lively sound-collage/cut up in live situation. Even the typical kaos-pad type things work out for me with this project.

THE FORTIETH DAY "Pelusium 540 AD" tape
Cipher
Perhaps my least liked tape of the project. Several tapes been listened during recent months. Not bad, but less good than some of the other tapes. It took years to really appreciate this project.

SCREWTAPE "Day of hell" tape

Nearly ten years old tape, starting ultra monotonic HWN, but going further to more active and "experimental" side too. Not his best, but good to listen to.

MACRONYMPHA "Heavy Weird" tape
Mother Savage
Includes live material and assorted clips from 1992-3. Live material pretty good, other stuff hit & miss. Seems like misc recordings and left overs where just assembled on C-90, which is very far from the best Macronympha works that have utmost care on crafting the sound, not just ... heavy weird stuff.

MACRONYMPHA "Naked Denunciation of infrasonic exchange" tape
Mother Savage
Vastly better tape than Heavy weird. This is the mid 90's, and its heavy, brutal, yet always tasty and interesting sounds!

A.M.B. "Autotoxic Mental Bizarrerie" tape
1995 Japanese noise from the gutter. Handmade package with aluminium foil wrapped over tape box. This has kind of same feel as MO*TE, that unlike many famous Japanese noise artists of the time, there is no hi-fi sound. It's muddy, hand made, slightly clumsy... yet has its own aura to it. Stuff that back then didn't necessarily appeal to me as strong as the ripping power of infamous projects... but now, couple decades later the handmade rugged harsh noise may crush.. especially the overt digitalia of later era of harsh noise.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Lazrs3

Quote from: Si Clark on January 29, 2019, 12:01:06 PM
Quote from: Soloman Tump on January 29, 2019, 11:44:06 AM

Link

Amazing! Thank you for sharing, wasn't aware of this series, will definitely check it out.

Me neither, looks good.

Lazrs3

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 31, 2019, 04:11:07 PM
Quote from: Lazrs3 on January 31, 2019, 12:05:48 AM

Very good tape. Only thing it suffers, may be the quite abundance of solid heavy electronics releases done during recent years. It doesn't make this less great, yet excitement was somehow bigger when this good releases were rarely done. Still, I'd say that some of industrial labels should look example of Unrest who pulls out these quite unheard projects to make releases that crush most of the veterans...

I do like the Unrest Stuff I have, I am looking forward to S.T.A.B. (With IFotS and Active Denial) in London. The [CODE/NEDA] tape I like to listen to at night a lot, it seems to work even better then.

bitewerksMTB

Right Now:

https://bizarreuproar.bandcamp.com/track/blood-cum

Also, a bunch of tapes that I have neglected have been played in the last week or so:

AGONAL LUST "Modern Atrocities"- very strong death industrial-PE; pretty sure it has been announced on IG via Finders that there are only one & a half releases left before the project calls it quits (plus a live performance). The finale is definitely going out on a high note!

SKIN GRAFT "Condemned" (No Rent)- I thought this was an older release but it's brand spankin' new. Harsh live tracks. Pretty good if you're already a fan of what he does so worth picking up.

FFH "Leather & Zyklon" (No Rent)- decent material but generally a useless release considering that the subject matter deserves much more time and attention. S1 seems to end with enough silence that another track could have been added. I do like that you can make out his lyrics.

HUM OF THE DRUID "A Strange Export" (No Rent)- excellent! If you like his other releases, no reason why this wouldn't do it for you. Acoustic rumbling, droning, scraping, crunching, etc.

Duncan

Katsura Mouri - M16 (スローダウンRECORDS)

Watching the Incapacitants documentary the other day eventually had me diving into all kinds of Jap noise live videos on youtube, leading to a grainy and low quality recording of Katsura Mouri live at Cafe Oto during Multiple Tap Festival.  I was in attendance for this and her set was easily my favourite: totally crude, broken noise from a single turntable run loud as fuck through a couple of amps.  I've got a BusRatch album and have seen some live improv vids of her with other musicians which are more typical 'experimental turntablism' making me wonder if this album would at all reflect the harsh stuff I heard at the fest.  Pleased to say that this is exactly what it is:  Loud, buzzing, fucked turntables feeding back and constantly breaking up.  Seems to me that we only hear the stylus hitting a record briefly and sparingly throughout the album which gives really awesome character to the otherwise quite crude and unadorned sound.  There is a touch of the improviser's approach to album making here wherein the tracks seem to be unedited takes of whatever session or experiment has been set up...because of this it does drag a bit and lingers on more repetitive or uninteresting sounds from time to time.  Even so a totally worthwhile and recommended noise record made in an interesting fashion and with some pretty bold focus on techniques.  Couldn't see anything about this album when looking it up besides places to buy it in Japanese web stores so it also has the exotic allure of being somewhat under the radar if you care about things like that.

collapsedhole

I think Agonal Lust is from NY?

Curious who is behind the project?

I've only heard mp3s but very strong material.

PedestrianOrgans

Quote from: collapsedhole on February 01, 2019, 12:29:31 AM

99% sure AL is also Finders

XXX

Quote from: PedestrianOrgans on February 01, 2019, 08:32:00 AM
Quote from: collapsedhole on February 01, 2019, 12:29:31 AM

99% sure AL is also Finders

i suspect it is duo of MP & Coma Detox.

ricjaff

Sektor 304 - Spiritual Cleansing / Subliminal Actions

Both of these are fantastic albums. I've been meaning to listen to this project for years now and it delivers in heaps. Not-overly-crowded ritualistic industrial/p.e. with enough atmosphere to give each track breath and space, while still maintaining an aggressive and forceful feeling. Even the sparse, brooding parts remain tense throughout. Started with Subliminal Actions and was so impressed that I assumed it would overshadow Spiritual Cleansing by a long shot, but thankfully it wasn't by much! Spiritual Cleansing has more of an early Godflesh vibe to it at times that I really enjoy. Each album stands strong as its own statement. I haven't heard a project with such a uniquely cultivated atmosphere like this in quite some time.