PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Mattias G on January 04, 2011, 01:41:32 PM
Quote from: manuel-ronf on January 03, 2011, 09:16:22 PM
Hum of the Druid - Societal LP

I haven´t heard this one. How does it sound compare to the later stuff?
I don't care for lazy answers like what I'm about to say, but you can't go wrong with any of the Hum of the Druid releases.  He's never stagnant, but they are all of the same quality, and qualities, as all the others.  You won't feel like you're buying an unknown artist, but you surely will be exposed to a new perspective.  He's uniquely consistent like that.  If there is an odd release in his catalogue, it is Raising the New Wing/Braided Industry; because moreso than maybe any of the others, it is based heavily on tonality and textures rather than structure and textures.

Be sure to own copies of Mountainous and Trials.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

manuel-ronf

Quote from: Zeno Marx on January 05, 2011, 08:40:40 PM

I don't care for lazy answers like what I'm about to say, but you can't go wrong with any of the Hum of the Druid releases.  He's never stagnant, but they are all of the same quality, and qualities, as all the others.  You won't feel like you're buying an unknown artist, but you surely will be exposed to a new perspective.  He's uniquely consistent like that.  If there is an odd release in his catalogue, it is Raising the New Wing/Braided Industry; because moreso than maybe any of the others, it is based heavily on tonality and textures rather than structure and textures.

thanks! I am definitely grabbing more HOTD stuff soon

bitewerksMTB

SOCIETAL is the 1st LP,r ight? I remember it being a bit harsher but not sure about that. I need to get the most recent LP. His work is excellant. At somepoint I'm going to send him some material for a collab if I can get out of my lazy slump...

PL:

BLOOD OV THEE CHRIST "behind thee bars" cd- only listened to 25 min of the 73 min track so f ar. Excellant! Pretty much everything you'd want & would expect from this project.

RG

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on January 05, 2011, 11:38:06 PM
SOCIETAL is the 1st LP,r ight? I remember it being a bit harsher but not sure about that. I need to get the most recent LP. His work is excellant.

Aye, 1st LP. It's been a while since I listened to it, but I remember it being a little more wild and varied than Raising the New Wing/Braided Industry and Norse Fumigation. I remember some bassy square wave synth sounds too, maybe? It's good material, just less focused and maybe less mature than the last two on SNSE.

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on January 05, 2011, 11:38:06 PMAt somepoint I'm going to send him some material for a collab if I can get out of my lazy slump...

Very cool.

Mattias G

Quote from: Zeno Marx on January 05, 2011, 08:40:40 PM

I must haunt up the Societal LP, sounds really good. I love the other stuff i have! But what is the  "Mountainous and Trials" i must own? Don´t find anything about that?

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Mattias G on January 06, 2011, 09:49:44 AMBut what is the  "Mountainous and Trials" i must own? Don´t find anything about that?
Both are from 2005 and were self-released on CDR in digipacks.  They were in print a long time (maybe still in print?).  You should be able to find a copy of each.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Mattias G

Quote from: Zeno Marx on January 06, 2011, 06:56:56 PM
Quote from: Mattias G on January 06, 2011, 09:49:44 AMBut what is the  "Mountainous and Trials" i must own? Don´t find anything about that?
Both are from 2005 and were self-released on CDR in digipacks.  They were in print a long time (maybe still in print?).  You should be able to find a copy of each.
Aha, now i understand. I thought it was only one release with the name "Mountains and trails". And i actually got the Trials cd-r, must listen to it again though cause it was a long time ago since i did. Thanks for the answer!

LIFE

Quote from: Zeno Marx on January 06, 2011, 06:56:56 PM
Quote from: Mattias G on January 06, 2011, 09:49:44 AMBut what is the  "Mountainous and Trials" i must own? Don´t find anything about that?
Both are from 2005 and were self-released on CDR in digipacks.  They were in print a long time (maybe still in print?).  You should be able to find a copy of each.

Mountainous is actually very limited... most of the copies went to people at the Portland fest in 2005, but some went out later. I know a couple people sold their copies over the years, so that is the best bet. I know you're a big fan of this one, but I always felt similar ideas were better done on Trials. I like Mountainous for the fact that it's the first real experiment I did with the "heavy organic-industrial" type of sound, but I don't care if anyone else hears it.

MANIA----glad to hear it's still on your mind. Take your time....

edit: most recent noise on my playlist was Ferial Confine - Full use of Nothing and Chop Shop - Smolder.

magnus

Walter Carson - sneezes and breezes - tape. strange one, sounds like it´s falling apart while listening, mouldy electronics, pretty cool.
Play motel - tape. 4 short static noise tracks based round this sleazy Ray Lovelock giallo, last track even has some nice dialogue samples from it (but nothing form the super catchy theme-song). Brilliant!
Crash at every speed - forecast - tape. Everchanging but not very dense noise, sounds a bit like malfunctioning elctronic devices, but maybe it´s the tracktitles that leads me into that. Really liked this a lot, but what is that on the cover?!
Spine Scavenger - Shackles of man-meassured time- lp. simple, somewhat hypnotic and bloody great!
Spine Scavenger - plays the writings of commander x - tape. didn´t like this half as much as the lp, specially the b-side is irritating and unfocused. a-side is ok. murky synth layers.
Ghost - opus something (can´t read it...) - LP. i´m not much of a metalguy at all, but this much hyped band is really really good. reminds me a bit of old Death SS... if most black metal is Saw & Hostel in moives, this is more like Hammer horror or Blood on Satan´s claw, i like it!

imaginaryforces

Black Light Vacuum.

Ashmonger

Torturecide (CDr, Slaughter Productions): Kind of tight structured Death Industrial, with sick effected vocals in a bit of a military commanding style. Short album, but I like it.

Fuck the Modern World (comp CD, Autarkeia): Only known names were The Grey Wolves, Con-Dom and Deutsch Nepal. Good tracks from those acts, Deutsch Nepal is a kind of calm track, with some neo-classic vibe, I really liked this. The other acts (Frozen Faces, Traur Zot, Hazard, Janitor & Wejdas) differ: some are more ambient, some more pe/di, some interesting tracks, some less. Overall, I've heard way better compilations than this. Must give it another spin, but I wasn't really convinced after the first one.

P-K

not as excellent as the new BOTC, but still a good listen!

FreakAnimalFinland

SRMEIXNER "ten thousand ways to die" CD
holy shit! I think the sale speech with spaghetti western references was something I foolishly associated immediately to that old Cock ESP/Merzbow 7" with western theme samples appearing in middle of harsh noise blasts. But no no no! This is pure gold!! Listened it several times, and it just gets better. With 36 minute playtime, one starts to feel this LP length is absolute brilliant choice.

Otherwise, been just busy as fuck. For seasonal reasons, been listening more of the metal recently. Inquisition, Azelsgard, Aryan Blood, Kriegsmaschine/Infernal War, Uncreation's Dawn, Graveland,... Although most possessed by recordings of the Alchemy of the 21st Century, which can't get enough, hah!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 08, 2011, 06:43:28 PM
Graveland,...

Polish GRAVELAND? If so, I knew one of main mambers... and I had probably their  first tape.

pontifx

-en nihil - the absolute     

really great stuff.

-bizarre uproar - unsafe and insane LP

no words needed.

-twodeadslutsonegoodfuck LP

pretty harsh. great vocals.