PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nil By Mouth

Masked Diode [Chusu Shinshoku]

New EP CDr released by [...]dotsmark. Very good constructed power-electronics. Every noise layer stand out very clear together with the heavy distorted vocals, thanks to the great recordings work.
Pro printed CDr in DVD case with poster, insert and patch.

http://www.dotsmark.com/

ConcreteMascara

Ooh I like the look of the artwork for that. Gonna have to check it out.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

GEWALTMONOPOL

THOROFON - Maximum Punishment Solutions LP

The KE/HIL - Hellstation LP arrived today but I haven't listened to it yet. This youtube clip of their gig in Mannheim sounds good though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXMQkZDSdlE&feature=player_embedded
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

bitewerksMTB

That Thorofon LP is pretty damn good as is their debut 7" appearance on State-Art. A split, I think?

Listening to Consumer Electronics "Crowd Pleaser" LP- it's ok. I'd like it more if his vocals were mixed a little lower into the electronics. Weak static/buzzing & his voice isn't very interesting, let alone, powerful.

GEWALTMONOPOL

Yes, great album and another testament to what a force the German industrial PE genre once was. 7" is a split with Idpa who I'm unsure who it was/is. Still not too expansive so I might get that at some point.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

FreakAnimalFinland

idpa is not very good, but Thorofon is. I think I should probably re-listen Idpa stuff. I recall it was boring minimal electronic noise. Or not noise, perhaps more minimal hum of sound, so perhaps it could be good now..
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

kettu

bo cavenfors & kristian olsson-dödens ö/die toteninsel

pretty good but I wished there would have been quieter parts during the narration as bo has a creepy voice and I would have gotten more of the words. jag äter kuken....fittan fittan fittan...fisk äter pojkar.
I couldnt hear the human bone trumpets and I did try.

got my "free for being an asshole" copy of sky burials kiehtan. not my cup. I like texture and this was too slick sounding. maybe a little new age also but then not being prog enough to raise my intrest.

also listened to the first track of the confessions...album from fire in the head: very good electronic body music/discoindustrial

Molluskground, Inc.

STROM.ec - Divine Legions Beyond Psyche CD
Dead Voices On Air - Shap CD
Prurient - Fossil CD
Family Battle Snake - Vomit Dolls CDr

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on December 09, 2010, 04:15:03 AM
Quote from: Tommuel on December 09, 2010, 04:09:51 AM
Skinny Puppy - VIVIsectVI LP
classic. HUMAN DISEASE

Author & Punisher - saw him play two weeks ago. I was really disappointed with the performance to be honest.

Classic indeed. Although the CD version boasts the extra tracks. Just wanted to spin it on vinyl though. The album is a very prominent highlight in their discography, make no mistake! Skinny Puppy will always be one of my favourite bands but it is sad how little they have achieved, with the exception of live performances, since their comeback a good 10 years ago. They are of course missing a third of their brilliance who has been and gone. Saying that, they were fantastic when I saw them in July but maybe because they stuck to the classics. The last two albums barely shine a light to the majority of their back catalogue - but I read somewhere that Ogre has claimed the forthcoming album will be very "raw". I will believe that when I hear it. Allegedly it will be called In Solvent See which is related to the insolvency of the record label who released their last two albums. If that is not a prime example of their general decline then I do not know what is. On a lighter note, that Fractal Zoom bootleg CD has some fantastic live versions of a lot of the Bites tracks. I have a spare copy for sale or trade with any other Puppy maniacs - I am particularly interested in obtaining the Heavens Trash, Intolerance and Land Of Technology CD bootlegs or the Choralone 5" flexi.

Author & Punisher has to be one of the only new projects that genuinely excited me. As soon as I heard Doppler I bought the CD. Crushing, well executed brutality at its finest. It may sound like Godflesh in places but to be honest, anything with guitars and a drum machine may steer close to that sound. A lot of genres I like are moulded together without appearing too contrived or out of place. Having seen videos of Tristan's setup it looks like something that is innovative yet perhaps difficult to pull off live. What did you not like about the performance you saw? Highly recommended regardless.

This may only be my second post here but I already prefer it to Chondritic Sound (do not even get me started on Noiseguide...) - nice to see some actual discussion happening. I should have joined here when I first browsed the forum a year ago, but it was pretty dead then!

manuel-ronf

Sshe Retina Stimulants "margini sonori II", didn't enjoy this much

Folkstorm - "Victory Or Death", listening to this one a lot lately

MAAAA - "Human Waste", really liked this one more than other stuff I heard from this project in the past... I think this one gets more in the Death Industrial, PE vein.. will do more spins for sure

Haare - "Exogenesis" great tape

OVMN "Optimum Volume Maximum Noise", revisiting this dubbed C60 since I noticed Industrial Recollections reissued it, when did that happen? awesome!

Brad

Quote from: Tommuel on December 31, 2010, 05:12:26 AM
Allegedly it will be called In Solvent See which is related to the insolvency of the record label who released their last two albums.

They already used "In Solvent See" as the name of the 2009 tour, which of course featured none of the songs from the 2011 album.  I doubt the album will reuse the name. 

Ashmonger

Mania - Insidious and Alone (tape, Freak Animal): good noise, sparse use of vocals, but when they're used, they're very effective! Altogether, I prefer the Ultra-Negative album though.

pontifx

haus arafna - you LP
black witchery - inferno of sacred destruction LP
revenge - infiltration.downfall.death LP
deathkey - doctrine... 2LP
goatmoon - death before dishonour digi

great mixture....

manuel-ronf

Hum of the Druid - Societal LP

Mattias G

Quote from: manuel-ronf on January 03, 2011, 09:16:22 PM

I haven´t heard this one. How does it sound compare to the later stuff?

manuel-ronf

Quote from: Mattias G on January 04, 2011, 01:41:32 PM
Quote from: manuel-ronf on January 03, 2011, 09:16:22 PM
I haven´t heard this one. How does it sound compare to the later stuff?

sorry but I cannot compare to the other stuff as this is the only one that I got...
I really love this album by the way and I am feeling mandatory to get the other SNSE albums soon,
which are your opinions about the others?