PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neverlie2me

very into Bizarre Uproar - Bunker Sessions cd.
I like this quality of recording matched with the audio violence.

XE

Sick Seed"Beasts Among men" TAPE
Heavy low end monster loop on " Rats Of Yaldabaoth", brilliant stuff, SS trademark vocals w/out any fx, overall simple and effective approach on tracks, not much layers. I have no idea how the loops are done but when looking artwork you could imagine those rusty iron wheels got something to do w/ it..
One live piece from same private bunker event as "Huorakatu" track on F&V SS LP. b side long (semi?)acoustic junk mayhem w/occasional vocal bursts.

XXXX"untitled" TAPE got this from Pori gig. HNW not my cup of tea.
IFOTS"Danny La Rue .." TAPE Clean, Sharp, innovative. UNREST quality!
FUNERAL MONGOLOIDS/PLAUGED BRACES TAPE old FM recording(?) not bad but there are much better FM material around. PB side wins this time.Raw Noisecore.
RACIAL SEGREGATION PROCEDURE TAPE Positive surprice.This needs further investigation... 

bitewerksMTB

RACIAL SEGREGATION PROCEDURE TAPE

Details please.

Def looking forward to new Sick Seed.

Listening to:

WITCHSORROW
CONAN

XE

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 15, 2010, 08:18:26 PM
RACIAL SEGREGATION PROCEDURE TAPE

Details please.

Def looking forward to new Sick Seed.

R.S.P. ok stuff. All elements are there what I like. Filthy electronics and nasty vocals. putrid sound. tracks are long. Overall lack of idea and control IMO. RSP need to sit down and think, focus and then hit to recording bunker and record good stuff for shorter tape.

FreakAnimalFinland

Ligeti/Heppener "lux aeterna" cd (harmonia mundi)
Both avantgarde composers born in 20's, who formed base for post-war avantgarde classical. Ligeti basically such a big name, in Finland you can just walk to any library and borrow his compositions if you don't want to buy any. This cd is divided to several pieces. Starts with 10 minutes title piece being solo violin. Continues with another c.13 minutes with more violin.
Lux Aeterna is easy choise, since the "pop culture reference" = used in Kubricks space odyssey 2001. It's eerie, dark and strange composition.
Robert Heppener offers 6 cycles of mixed choir music in solid 22:30 long dose. Based on modernist poetry of romanian jew Paul Celan, who's experiences under work camps etc probably put some extra anguish in it. You can't really follow the poetry when listening, unless taking the extensive booklet in front of you, with all the translations. It is most of all dark and eerie "vocal drone", with moments of dramatic horror-movie like elements and religious choir music. Lyrics=poetry is obscure.

AMBER ASYLUM "bitter river" CD
been always fan of their gothy experimental whatever downtempo muzak. Simple violin, relatively amateurish female vocals. This is 2009 profound lore record item, but just got it. Continues tration of AA very well. Features wide variety of contributors from Jarboe to Eric Wood and many between. Compared to album above, one can say that sometimes it is simply nicer, that the violin work is simple and to-the-point. And vocalists are not world class level trained people. But just someone with passion to create. In many ways this is exactly the kind of bastardized elements taken from "real music", but it has unique charm in genre of "underground art music".
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

heretogo

v/a - Höga Nord LP
Industrial as such is not my big thing. But once in a while a fix of chuga chuga factory beats and solemn ambient is in order. And then a comp like this comes in handy. It flows very nicely from track to track, no annoying discontinuities that are the hallmark of bad compilations. Side A seems more exciting to me, especially the Dusa track. Flipside is more atmospheric without really going anywhere (nothing wrong with that, in principle).

David Behrman - On The Other Ocean / Figure In A Clearing LP
Acadamic electronic music from the 70s, two sidelong tracks. On the other ocean features flute, bassoon, electronics and some computer fiddling. Gentle harmonies and melodies with semi-fragile electronic drones to accompany them. Doesn't sound very academic at all, to be honest. Very nice background music to start a lazy weekend with. And it continues in the same mood with Figure in a clearing. Now there's cello coupled with electronic waveform generators. Dreamy, timeless sounds. This could easily be released now on some small edition drone tape label (with worse production values) and receive much (well.. you know what I mean) recognition. Not essential by any means but much better than what I remembered.

post-morten

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 16, 2010, 11:57:24 AM
AMBER ASYLUM "bitter river" CD
been always fan of their gothy experimental whatever downtempo muzak...

I'm not a huge fan, but since you mention A.A. it's worth pointing out they're touring Europe in a couple of weeks time. No Finland as far as I can see, but they play Fylkingen/Stockholm on Oct 28th and Aalborg in Denmark two days later. The full schedule is at their myspace, http://www.myspace.com/amberasylum

Ernpe

Doroga - I cd
Very minimalistic, three tracks clocking under 40 minutes. Starts with a big bell tolling and evolves...nowhere? Just some sounds vary, creating very relaxing atmosphere. Being relatively short album, it is actually listenable, not just something to put on background.

copynoisehighclassical / Songs about Pandas split-tape
Just what the name suggests: hipster stuff. Bought this one from local comic shop as the price was same as the cheapest beer around. Don´t know which side is which, other being minimalistic noiserock/whatever sounds created by band instruments played in very silent (bedroomish) manner, while other side is intended to be more experimental. Basically it is just some knocking over which some source sounds are being modified by speeding them up and down.

V/A - More Arctic Hysteria cd
Compilation of various Finnish avantgardish stuff from the 70s to early 80s. Most stuff, I believe, otherwise very hard to get, so compilation is fairly noteworthy. Some of of the stuff on the disc is rather jazzish and makes me wonder if the track on compilation is the only more experimental one from the artist. In case of disc opening Pekka Streng that is definitely the truth.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

kettu

HAL HUTCHINSON "taste of iron" tape

big cheese said this offers some competition to the blockaders. weeell I dont agree. after admitedly only one listen rupenus still rules and other boy drools. the tape was still pleasent to listen to though much fuller sound than the pitch said. I was all exited to hear some eerie/nasty/annoying "stripped of heaviness" moments.7-/10

SICK SEED "beasts among men" tape

pardon my french but this sounds killer! I had to flip sides midstream to hear if the first side really was the live track because it sounded so good. 8,8/10

bitewerksMTB

Doesn't T.N.B. use a lot of LOOPS? So anyone not using loops is better as far as I'm concerned (which isn't much).

NP:

THE BLACK ANGELS

kettu

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 22, 2010, 07:20:56 PM
Doesn't T.N.B. use a lot of LOOPS? So anyone not using loops is better as far as I'm concerned (which isn't much).

I dont have a clue but the ones ive been listening to sound pretty lively with a lot of variation. didnt even cross my mind to think they were loops. never read an interview and I know next to nothing about the blockaders so im no authority on the subject. imo the junk sounds on  sick seeds b side were more to my taste between these tapes. hals tape is still ok.

RyanWreck

No Artist - Sensitivity Training (Sexkrime Arts 2010) - Described by the label as a "COLLECTION OF ACQUIRED SPOKEN WORD SAMPLES DEALING WITH VARIOUS FORMS OF HUMAN DISABILITY AND STRENGTH." It is obviously very reminiscent of Sotos' "Buyer's Market" CD but, strangely, without the same amount of emphasis on sex which one would think a record label like Sexkrime would focus on. Nonetheless it is still a nice release, everything kind of bleeds together into a nice, strange cut-up story even though each sample is taken from different sources.

New Pledgemaster - Father Figure (Chondritic Sound 2008) - Very well done fag Power Electronics featuring a fucking George Michael cover song. Most of the time it is pummeling synth-driven madness with great buried vocals. The best track would be "Too Young To Cum" which sounds at first like a tape being eaten, lots of movement, then it breaks down into a low hum and echoing vocals layered over one another that become the main focus. I'm sure everyone has heard this already but if not it is a highly recommended release.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: niko penttinen on October 22, 2010, 03:54:36 PM
HAL HUTCHINSON "taste of iron" tape

big cheese said this offers some competition to the blockaders. weeell I dont agree. after admitedly only one listen rupenus still rules and other boy drools. the tape was still pleasent to listen to though much fuller sound than the pitch said. I was all exited to hear some eerie/nasty/annoying "stripped of heaviness" moments.7-/10

Not sure where it was mentioned, if I wrote it or just said about it? Of course not to be taken as TNB copycat, but closer to that than some other metal scrapers. Referring more to Changez Les Blockeurs type TNB, rather than the heavy duty multilayered noise of their later works. But it's not either THAT "minimal", but has multiple things going on.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

RyanWreck

Various Artists - Nyrkki Ja Kyrpa II (Filth and Violence, 2010) - As I said in the F&V thread, I personally think that this is the best and most thorough compilation since "Hated Perversions". There is not one track that I do not like, everything has something to offer. There are a few tracks that really stick out though, and those belong to Snuff, Mania, Wince and a new comer named Mortuario who spends most of his 4-and-a-half minute track whispering, in creepy Nicole 12 fashion, over a nice, lo-fi, synth-driven loop (or maybe it isn't a loop). Coma Detox gets 2 slots which is pretty nice to hear. The first of his tracks is nothing amazing but it surely fits in well with everything that came before it, his second track titled "Coagulated Exudate" is really solid with nice vocals over some lower frequency nastiness. Mania finishes off the whole thing with a more subtle approach, buzzing rumble, controlled feedback, alarming beeps, etc. than his more hard hitting violence, and it works itself out really good.

Silence of Vacuum - 1 (IOPS, 2007) - Just as it was described; droning and minimalistic walls capturing the sensory deprivation of full rubber enclosure. It is precise and surgically sterile, it works best through headphones when you can pick up every tiny detail and process it into your imagination and direct it out through your personal tastes. 

bogskaggmannen

GOVERNMENT ALPHA "Alphaville" LP [Segerhuva] 1998

I had forgotten how good this LP actually is! First track on b-side is a bit slower and feels out of focus but damn everything up to massive last track is absolute top notch! Playing length of LP format is also optimal - I rarely play noise CDs over 40 minutes even if they are good. Material with its impressive dynamics to return to after a long period of flat/"unsuccessful" noise. I believe this one came out almost in the end of the last "big" noisetrend - would be interesing to hear how it would be commented upon if released now?