PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

*Jackman & Organum 10" - one of them on die stadt. Listened maybe 4 times. Everytime I feel it went pass too quick. And nothing really happened. But it lured for re-play.

*Lydia Lunch + anubian lights 10", more slow smoky oriental nighclub music with sensual nagger on vocals

*V/A could you walk on the waters LP. With Bushido, Konstruktivists, NWW and more. Some of the stuff decent, some plain embarressing at this point. Perhaps back in the 80's the "neo-classical" keyboard music would be fresh, but now there is certain toyful quality in it. Or lets say the whole neoclassical as genre. When you actually put some real classical music or avantgarde classical compositions, it open whole new angle towards the so called "neo classical". Which is the quick shift towards crap department, hehh..  Maybe topic about avantgarde classical music later on....
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

heretogo

Alfarmania / Ättestupa - Split LP
Very enjoyable but part of me thinks it's all too obvious. Especially the Ättestupa side. I guess I was expecting my jaw to drop... instead I'm just smiling and nodding in agreement with the sounds. Very nice pairing, by the way, there's a certain synergy between the sides.

Vivenza - Réalités Servomécaniques LP
Silly me, why haven't I checked this project out already years ago? Amazingly dense sounds that somehow still make perfect sense. It seems I will have to do some buying in the near future.

Eric Lunde - Candyhole cd
Like taking a timemachine to past, present and the future - all at the same time. My Burroughs & Gysin -infested mind is so happy when I hear the words ... "Hassan i Sabbah".... Just great.

And then I'm leafing through the brand new Brion Gysin - Dream Machine book. Buncha essays on the great man coupled with loads of nice photos and images. I'm just sort of confused by all this book activity on Gysin in the recent years. Not complaining, you see, just slightly overwhelmed...

Ashmonger

Quote from: Ashmonger on October 05, 2010, 11:03:34 AM
Sick Seed - The Great Corrupter: Nice LP, not exactly what I had expected, had expected something a bit more extreme. However, I think this is good stuff. Brooding atmosphere.

On the B-side, there is this part of a kind of a pop song, sung in Russian (I guess, not certain). Anybody knows from who or what this song is?
I'm just wondering whether there's a special reason this part is in it, because it sounds a bit out of place...

Hakaristi

Hakaristi - S/T tape: Took a couple of listens to digest/adjust to, but now on constant rotation.

V/A - Nyrkki & Kyrpä II tape: SS/AS collab that opens is just brilliant. And comp continues in such fashion.

Kärsimysnäytelmä! - S/T CD: Great stuff! "Maria Magdaleena Puhuu" track in particular w/ (I think?) Mrs. Bizarre's vocal assault is just devastating.

Absurd/Grand Belial's Key/Sigrblot - Weltenfeind CD: Monumental 3-way split, flawless material from all bands.

heretogo

Rauhan Orkesteri - Dingdongtyyny-Europetour-05 LP
As good as Finnish free jazz gets. Ecstatic & joyful in that certain irresistible rural way. Does not aim for sophistication or spiritual enlightenment and gets pretty rough at times. Feel good music of the highest order.

v/a: Middle Caste Religious Music From India tape
Very nice Indian music by "musicians, dancers, prostitutes and actors". I wish I knew more about this stuff, some of it is quite incredible. You can clearly feel the hundreds of years of tradition behind the sounds.

Violent Noise Atrocities

Merzbow - Pulse Demon   (still my favorite album by him...decided to listen to it again after someone on Tronix as "what is the best Merzbow album?"...easily my favorite by him)

Pain Jerk - Live At No fun Fest 2007 (violent as fuck...also hands down without a doubt my favorite Pain Jerk release...only have 18 other titles....but this one grabs me because it is so harsh....I crank the volume up loud.....then after about 5 minutes i can hear my speakers and sub-woofer crying and begging for mercy.)

The Catastrophic Trio - One Night In Hell  (one of my projects with Boar and Doldis...so far, so good....i have spent 3 months trying to do vocals for a 5 minute track....i think i got it right tonight.)

Clandestine Blaze - Church of Atrocity (yeah its not noise....still one of my favorite black metal releases of all-time...easily a Top 10 of the greatest black metal albums ever.)

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Violent Noise Atrocities on October 10, 2010, 07:39:36 AM
Clandestine Blaze - Church of Atrocity (yeah its not noise....still one of my favorite black metal releases of all-time...easily a Top 10 of the greatest black metal albums ever.)

that's quite bold words. N.H. is releasing new "Falling Monuments" LP/CD within 2010 if cover art gets finished soon enough.

K2 10".. damn, what's the name or label? Sealed in brownish red paper. The good era K2 metal cut ups. All good stuff, yet predictable if you have decent collection of what he has done. It can take multiple plays due decent variation of textures and sounds, yet if you have THE RUST and METAL DYSPLASIA and maybe couple smaller releases, you might be pretty well covered with this style of K2. Then next aim could be LP on PDB or some earlier stuff to get some more industrial sound. Have had the new K2 disc waiting on pile of to-be-listened, but something has been holding me back, waiting for good moment to give it a try.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

SOURVEIN imperial bastard & ghetto angel; I.B. is best. def looking forward to their full length next year
SNUFF stalker/live; s1 is a bit of a chore to sit through but s2 is excellant. i love the minimal approach. i like the moments that basically are nothing more than vocals & very little else except some low-end shifting sounds in the background. seems like there is a lot of patience & skill to keep the feedback from overwelming everything. looped vocals seems very deliberate & not just random also. def best PE act currently operating i think; intense with atmosphere.

XE

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 12, 2010, 11:27:37 PM

SNUFF stalker/live; s1 is a bit of a chore to sit through but s2 is excellant. i love the minimal approach. i like the moments that basically are nothing more than vocals & very little else except some low-end shifting sounds in the background. seems like there is a lot of patience & skill to keep the feedback from overwelming everything. looped vocals seems very deliberate & not just random also. def best PE act currently operating i think; intense with atmosphere.

Have to promote that SNUFF II LP is coming from Filth&Violence next. Will send it for pressing as soon as master here. All is ready to go only small editing and mastering. I have heard raw version and intense, unique atmosphere can be expected. All new tracks plus new version of "Male Supremacy". Pretty disturbing field recordings also.  

XE

Quote from: Ashmonger on October 08, 2010, 12:06:27 PM
Sick Seed - The Great Corrupter: Nice LP, not exactly what I had expected, had expected something a bit more extreme. However, I think this is good stuff. Brooding atmosphere.

On the B-side, there is this part of a kind of a pop song, sung in Russian (I guess, not certain). Anybody knows from who or what this song is?
I'm just wondering whether there's a special reason this part is in it, because it sounds a bit out of place...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDvZ0uZPYU&p=65CA05B678D55EAF&playnext=1&index=19

in Finnish and suits just perfectly for track. Mariska sings about men who exploits women/girls and SS kind of gives feedback for that...

Ashmonger

Quote from: XE on October 12, 2010, 11:55:57 PM
Quote from: Ashmonger on October 08, 2010, 12:06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDvZ0uZPYU&p=65CA05B678D55EAF&playnext=1&index=19
in Finnish and suits just perfectly for track. Mariska sings about men who exploits women/girls and SS kind of gives feedback for that...
Thanks for the information! So, there is a good reason for it indeed. Upon hearing the full song (which I think sucks by the way) it is more obvious that it is in Finnish. Should have recognized it wasn't Russian, was in St-Petersburg this summer. Also heard some people speaking Finnish over there, thought it was a very recognizable language then...

On topic:
Yesterday:
Steel Hook Prosthesis - Atrocitizer: I really like this act, should get more of their stuff. It's by far not as extreme as a lot of other acts, and borders more on ambient, but their dark, ominous atmosphere is great.
Brethren - Kingdom Coming 7": sounds like a more structured approach to PE, like it. Great vocals as well!
Sewer Goddess - With Dirt You Are One: very interesting act to follow. I like her vocals and the overall atmosphere of utter filth. Gutter is just the best description to this music. With having the Verdigris 7" and the Belialist collaboration as well, I know this is an act to follow.
Also: The Vomit Arsonist - Wretch, Antipakt 7", Bizarre Uproar - Musta Rotta, Snuff - Male Suppremacy

RyanWreck

Quote from: XE on October 12, 2010, 11:45:51 PM
Have to promote that SNUFF II LP is coming from Filth&Violence next. Will send it for pressing as soon as master here. All is ready to go only small editing and mastering. I have heard raw version and intense, unique atmosphere can be expected. All new tracks plus new version of "Male Supremacy". Pretty disturbing field recordings also.  

Awesome news. I always thought the "Metro" field recording (if it was one) was brilliantly played into the context.

XE

Quote from: RyanWreck on October 13, 2010, 12:16:16 PM
Quote from: XE on October 12, 2010, 11:45:51 PM

Awesome news. I always thought the "Metro" field recording (if it was one) was brilliantly played into the context.

That field recording = 4 little pre-teen cunts in subway. Must be Finn to find out there are one Estonian one Somalian besides native little pussies.   

MT

I love that track! It is so great, you can close your eyes and imagine the whole rotten situation. Looking forward to next Snuff LP, field recordings sound GOOD!!

Also, that song (Huorakatu, still regret I did not attend that show!)on SS LP cracked me up first time I heard it, such a fantastic choice.