PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holy ghost

Jazkamer: Persona Non Grata / We Want Epic Drama / Cover by Hair Stylistics: I fuckin' love these monthly CDs. I didn't buy all of them at the time and I wish they did. The noisecore one is the best. I've got 6/12 and I gotta pick up the rest.

Hijokaidan: Polar Nights Live: Only one of four Hijokaidan CDs I own, this is my second favourite after King of Noise with the fucking awesome drums from Incapacitants dude. I love this set. Hijokaidan would be out to lunch to see live. Great variety in these tracks.

Puce Mary: Success: really great. Hadn't come back to this in about a year and it was really varied, definitely not boring. A little more minimal than I remember. Really looking forward to the new LP.

Khanate: Things Viral/Capture & Release: damn this was so ahead of its time. This is the most awful, dissonant, tortured doom of this century. So unique. Definitely unsettling. I got to see them live in 2002 and the more I think back the more I remember how great it was. This is the best thing O'Malley has ever played on? Most likely.

Albert Ayler: Prophecy: copped this recently on LP for really cheap to replace my cd copy, but also want the new double cd version. How do they get those ghost wails? This is a crucial date. Maybe more so than Spiritual Unity or Greenwich Village based solely on musicianship vs. historical importance.

Return to Forever: Where Have I known You Before: never picked this up before now. I love the Hymns album but just. Ever grabbed this one. It's piano bits are too mellow for me but the last track is a slow fucking sick burn. Great but fuck Scientology!

cr

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 15, 2016, 05:27:36 PM
SUTCLIFFE JUGEND "Masks" CD
Old Europe Cafe
At first I was feeling like this would be really good. Electronics starts fine and vocals start pretty fierce distorted screams... but then, I just can't really get over how all the electronics lack punch. Distorted yes. Pretty good song structures/sound textures, but always like line-in fron digital multieffect to recorder. No punch, no saturation, no loudness. If one can get over that problem what has plagued most of SJ albums since late 90's, album could be promising. At least there are pretty damn grim typics such as "Safe Word Fails", "Weakling Child", "Lucky", etc..

Yeah, album is OK, I like it, but definitely lacks some punch. For my taste, the other new one "The  Muse" on Death Continues Rec. is much better. It's more like Blue Rabbit, which I think is still the best of the newer SJ albums.

FreakAnimalFinland

Seems like SJ been busy. Just couple days ago announced Offal CD/2LP coming next month on Cold Spring!

ECCLESTIASTICAL SCAFFOLDING "s/t" tape
Extreme
All works composed and recorded 1986-87. 10 songs in c. 45 minutes is pretty much sums vast majority of industrial of the era. Loud stuff. Percussive and eerie stuff. Atmospheric stuff. Few minutes long pieces where most tracks have their clear own identity what makes this very much like album that has very conscious form, instead of just few recent recordings thrown on sides.

V/A ULTRA VIOLENCE tape
Strength Through Awareness
Despite one couldn't point out exact hit songs, compilations like this appear to be gold from start to finish. While some bands seem to aim to sound "old power electronics", I don't think almost anyone really succeeds. When one has gone through tracks Amor Fati, Narzisse, Con-Dom, Face In The Crowd, Punishment Pigs, White Hands, No Lie G.I., Pax Romana, Nails ov Christ, Kapotte Muziek and The Blackshirt Orchestra, one can just conclude that in this 60 is summed up a lot of greatness of this era.

LE MONO "Withdrawing from the species" tape
Freedom in a vacuum
80's stuff, which is damn good. Even if gets very musical, it has firm stand in noisy industrial. Just before this, I was listening another Freedom In A Vacuum title. Black Crowd "A Murder of crows" tape was too much towards post-punk, so I was just hoping Le Mono isn't something like that. And no it wasn't. There is drum machine beats, loops, bass/guitar here and there, but also great experimental/ambient and at noisiest it reaches pretty intense levels.

ARE THE VULCANOES STILL ACTIVE? "Know Your Equal" tape
Truculent
Somehow very "Truculent" feel to this. Heavy as fuck, but also simple distorted harsh blasting. At the best it goes more into throbbing power electronics direction, but simplicity keeps it always more towards just noise works of this era. Mid 2000's heavy duty american noise.

FACTOR X "Love Hertz" tape
I don't know when I get over the confusion between NATIVE X and Factor X! When I first heard the one and only Native X track I remember, being the opening piece for Soundtrack For The End Of The World (Self Abuse), I've been looking for opportunity to score some more stuff of them. And it's been so many times when I thought I found it and listened and realized again confused these two projects, hah.... So, I guess I have like 5 Factor X releases I didn't intend to buy, but have done so. This Factor X tape comes from 1990. Probably minimal pressing. Not even listed at discogs. Handmade special package and tape filled with utmost sound rubbish where vocals, crap and pausebutton are the key elements I guess. There is one very very short moment when delay pedal/tape echo starts to blast, and sounds great, but it lasts like 2 seconds. Tape is one of those things that are hard to appreciate as "music" nor "entertainment", but certainly challenging difficult art. Not to be played often, but it serves its purpose.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Theodore

Atrax Morgue's Morder Machine Box came some days ago. Black box including 3 CDs, 1 DVD, 1 tape, 2 postcards. So far i have listened / watched the "new" material and the DVD. Reel I CD is good, very good. It kept me till the end twice, a 50 minutes track. Reel II tape too experimental for me, not what i wanted to listen, weak. DVD contains 4 live shows from 1995-2003 starting from 2003 and going backwards, 2 hours total. First and third are the best of them. First has the best quality in sound and video, powerful. Third has an early PE approach in sound and performance. The rest 2 CDs, the Morder Machine's reissues, i know, you know ...

Safe to say it's an excellent box. If i was greedy i would like it to include a bigger insert / poster. Let's say one with the picture of Happy Birthdeath's card sleeve [See Discogs, third image, down left] !

I wish for a Progetto Morte reissue next.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

cr

Just listening to Sick Seed's "The Great Corrupter". It's been a while since I heard it the last time, but  damn, what a great, unique and varied record this is!

By the way, any new Sick Seed records in the making? Would be great!

bile

Scatmother"Purulent Sublimity" CD (FILTH&VIOLENCE)

Fantastic debut from this German Power Electronics project (thank you user MT for this correction..did not see this information on the liner notes...). Excellent display from F&V with this one...graphic artwork, heavy lyrical insert; the works. The disc holds seven brutal tracks of simple, violent Power Electronics. I am surprised I have not seen more excitement surrounding this release...it is phenomenal statement with a focused approach, concentrated dynamic, and the sounds are flawlessly executed. Minimal and bone dry. Proud vocal delivery with solid cadence. Great!

Interior One"180 Photographs of Women" CS (BREATHING PROBLEM PRODUCTIONS)

Dark tape from the new side project of Breathing Problem. This tape is exactly as it needed to be...a spectacular analysis of the Grim Sleeper case (suited with gruesome samples...a cinematic quality!). Electronically Interior One are malicious American Power Electronics in the vein of Taint, Strict, etc. Sadistic freak sound! Love it.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: bile on April 26, 2016, 03:07:01 AM
Scatmother"Purulent Sublimity" CD (FILTH&VIOLENCE)
I am surprised I have not seen more excitement surrounding this release...

It is a good release but I suppose it's one of those average PE releases that isn't anything new or particular in itself, just good solid material.
Shikata ga nai.

bile

Quote from: MT on April 26, 2016, 08:16:43 AM
Scatmother is a German project.

Thank you for the correction...I made an edit in my original post.

Caleb Douglas Hesse"S/T"CS (UNLIMITED DRIFT)

Great tape from Richard Ramirez...this being a one-off project covering child molester Caleb Douglas Hesse. Classic brutal Harsh Noise Wall but there are distinct moments that separate this release from the many other Ramirez related projects...a good bit of this tape handles unique textures and split-second cutting. Meditative walls that commit to a malicious pace. Recommended for wall fanatics and texture freaks alike.

Bloated Slutbag

Aaron Dilloway / Hum of the Druid / Mike Shiflet / Manplug ‎– Texture (Lake Shark HN #1)
Highly articulate statement of intent from Lake Shark Harsh Noise, circa 2008. "Fuck the militant walls, the peeps wants textures." Call up the big guns, cock the hammer, hammer the cock. CRUNCH. Four fully-flavored forays into a fathomless fecal fantasia, murky layers of textured, shredded, gristle.  Senior Dilloway's "Nicaraguan Bull" charges full-tilt up a convulsive spray of whitewater turbulence, flipping and jumping from one aerated current to the next. Halfway upstream and the brute funnels into some well saturated grit to net a kind of hollowed-out militancy, but this is soon expunged in favor of whiter, flightier, climes. Hard to top but the Druid comes out swinging- pure, testosterone-fueled, overload, abruptly exhaling onto what I take for legit out-take from the Abisko s/t. Acoustic scrap-elements are discernible, if mostly buried under full weight of Druidic cock in full thrust. TAKE IT! I'll demure for the moment to confess that I picked up this comp for the Druid, very much hoping to get what is here got. Fucking TAKE IT! Significantly less militant than the Druid entry on A Tribute To Dead Body Love (see below), but also, I'd aver, rather less textured than the Abisko s/t - at least, at the surface. A single overbludgeoned layer holds a relatively static position, cruelly smothering the badly abused stutters of scrape n scrap, denying any plea for daylight. If I may commit a heresy, I wouldn't call this particularly harsh on the earhole; on the speakers, maybe, but, as with the Abisko s/t, I couldn't imagine "Final Experience With Libido" doing any lasting damage to the ability to hear. FUCKING TAKE IT, BITCH! No, the damage is clearly to be reserved for the sanity, warped and ruined in the cretinous mancave. As the badly distorted field of perception spelunks into darkened depths... a shitty beauty beckons: gently shifting, crumpled and crumbling textures, rough ground flavors, sediments, settling on the palate, attention drawn to deeply sunk clank, grate, drag n clunk. A short count past the 7-minute mark and the overbludgeon threatens a seismic shift or three- but this is soon contained, strangled, ground down to pulp. Of respite, there will be no such pleasure from Mr Shiflet. Long ass crackle-study, grey funneled air pressures seeping through badly corroded drainage duct. Tiny glass granules forced through clasping, rusted out, sphincters, deviations seldom to emerge and often to be clamped down, hard. Three quarters of the way through, a slight roughening up of proceedings, shattered tatters rippling with barest hint of frustrated aggression- but the clamp is tightened in short order, the fourteen minutes and thirty nine seconds of fame are up. Manplug, another of the 666 shades of Richard Ramirez, deliver surprisingly "traditional" pedal-driven harsh, a huge and blubbering mass of unsubtle butt-smother. Clouds of heaving density mushroom quickly, fleshing out the field with warm, wet, flights of flatus. Continuous expansion and contraction, slamming ass-first into full-on militant texture before ripping open with all the grace and patience of greased pigporker on crack. Squeeeeeeal! One moment in a thunderous echo chamber, the next face-down in a steaming turdhole. At the tenth minute a final, wall-like push through utterly unyielding layers of clenched, burnt raw, bunghole, a few last-second rips and tears in fabric a final, desperate, soon-answered, plea for extinction.

Various ‎– Cutting Into The Torso Of The Mountain - A Tribute To Dead Body Love (Militant Walls #7)
Horrors Of The Human Body. Tumors. Human Waste. Cancer Baby. Life? "Life is a hideous thing..." If Militant Walls chose to announce to the world their highly specialized species of mania with the truly massive Nitro Dragsters - A Tribute To OVMN And The Incapacitants (Militant Walls #1), it would only be a matter of time before perversion solidified by Cutting Into the Torso Of The Motherfucking Mountain, an oddly Lovecraftian title, perhaps fittingly consistent, if indirectly, with DBL worship long given over to the grim tidings of the esteemed HP. Only four perverts this time around, though two- The Rita and Mania- make a reappearance, and a third, Werewolf Jerusalem,was previously repped, solo, by Mr Richard Ramirez. That leaves Hum of the Druid, the principle attraction in my case following, in reverse chronology, his appearance on the Texture comp (Lake Shark HN #1, above commented). Oddly Lovecraftian, oddly conceptual, kicking off with Werewolf Jerusalem and following with three tracks that feature Werewolf Jerusalem source material. Tribute within tribute- A Tribute To Dead Body Jerusalem? WJ do what they do best: eighteen minutes of pure pedal-driven rumble-bludger, staying the course, firm and steady, never wavering, never blinking, eye-watering commitment to unfettered overbilge. Well, almost. The field is fairly wide, made wider still by barest taint of breathy rim-action, breathing space seeping around the edges. Five minutes of this shit and then, suddenly- lurch to extended, blistered, seething, severity. Nothing like piercing, this severity, more kind of never-to-relent, severely pitched, conch-shell ringing. Music to the bleeding earholes, donchyerknow. The way cleared for The Rita, out comes the chainsaw and due commencement of "Line-Cutting Part 1". Fucking rrrrrriiiiiippppppp! Now this, this is what I call tribute to Dead Body Fucking Love. I am moved to exhume DBL's Repugnance, and to dust off a few flakey comments once submitted by yours soddly: "Sounds of dry shredding... accompany slow, grinding burn and non-stop sobbing 'n sniffling". Smoldering lines rrrriiiipppp through the speakers, in tightly concentrated, strangulated, bursts, breathing space subsumed under the unforgiving tide. Line-cutting, hell. We're talking total devastation, militant as fuck, full-on scorched earth policy, not a goddamn tree in sight. So, to be sure, the expected midrange distortions are there to constitute the Noise Wall, but the pressures at work push this, firmly, into the Harsh. At every moment sheer whitened shredding threatens to burst through (the wall), but that of course can never happen, the continuous punishing assault bears down, forcing the harshhead through mountains of fecal petrification. So to the nominal main attraction, "Lens On Necrosis". As with Druid's Texture submission, the easy reference is the Abisko s/t – if, perhaps, a tad more militant. Straight ahead single-layer distortion overload with almost no discernible depth... for the first few seconds. Slowly a kind of whispered ambient undertow flows out from the grainy, rumpled, sheets, surface elements start to shift and tremble, bits of acoustic thunk 'n thud scrabble about the increasingly arid field. Sinking drainage elements strain the 'holes for studious indulgence, the carefully laid foundation growing increasingly porous, the lens zooming into fissures and cracks ever so gently pulled and prized from their deteriorating host, ruptured walls shivering, giving way, disgorged pieces splintering, crumbling, degraded unto filth. At later stages, at key intervals, overloaded textures fall almost completely to pieces, gaping spaces quickly patched over with due militance- but not before a few muted cries of "Aha!" escape the orifice. Brutal this is not, or certainly not the point, apropos of the academic implications of the title, intense focus and multiple playback both to be very well rewarded. After three epic-length excursions, a five-minute "fuck you" from Mania. "Desperate Savagery" is exactly that. (Comparatively) frantic, feedback-flecked, upping of the harsh ante. Lots of movement here, high-pressured low-end surges coming in waves of considered pelvic pulverization, desperate voices shrieking under the tightly regulated brutalities, a first hint at properly earhole-piercing savagery. Doubled-up feedback screech starts to dominate, the tone as raw and filth-fucked as ever. The vocalizations are starting to get a bit out of sorts, perhaps now to scream, in desperation, "Will someone please please PLEASE PUT ME OUT OF MY FUCKING MISERY?" Just you wait, there chappie, for now it is the bungholes that are to be savaged, a good dose of well-rounded sphinct-bludgering to close out the scene. Squeal boy! Screech. Surge. Short but certainly to the fucking point.

edit
think i got all the names/titles right this time. will someone please please please (etc)
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Marko-V

Just been listening to some free download stuff:

Sergio Wiesengrund feat Ronald Bustamante (Antisentido) - Ascetismo
Experimental electronics and some guitar noise from Costa Rica. Isolationist, cold but not very harsh. There is something very charming about this release which certainly deserves a second listen.
https://wiesengrundproject.bandcamp.com/album/ascetismo

Sergio Wiesengrund (Wiesengrund Project) - Selected Works
Not as strong as the previous one but still worth a listen. Someone might call this a poor man's Pan Sonic
http://wiesengrundproject.bandcamp.com/album/selected-works

Begotten - Tierra Adentro
Dark ambient & minimal atmospheric drone from Costa Rica. Moody stuff to be listened in the dark. Especially I like the track Jicaros, which is closer to quiet post-rock with occasional field recordings.
http://begotten-cr.bandcamp.com/album/tierra-adentro-lbum

Sodadosa & Jurumeya - split
https://sodadosa.bandcamp.com/album/split
Sodadosa and Rantau Ranjau - split
https://sodadosa.bandcamp.com/album/split-4
Now here is a couple of nice Indonesian short split releases. All artists are good harsh noise but Sodadosa stands out as being a real blast. There's more stuff at Sodadosa bandcamp page but haven't checked them out yet. Strongly recommended!

Various - Berisik!
Indonesian noise compilation. Variable quality but worth listening with some excellent tracks by Sodadosa and Suffer In Vietnam.
https://mindblasting.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/jogja-noise-bombing-berisik/

886VG - Next Phase
Chilean noise. Strong, bold and harsh. I like a lot of 886VG stuff, easily beats the living shit out of most western counterparts.
https://emerge.bandcamp.com/album/next-phase
(commercial break--- I am happy to announce that there's gonna be a 886VG & Salakapakka Sound System split tape released by Pro Death just waiting around the corner)

acsenger

MayhemEsoteric Warfare (CD, Seasons of Mist)

I've listened to this album countless times since it came out. It's a slightly unconventional, at times almost psychedelic black metal album with lots of intricate and interesting details. My favourite Mayhem since Wolf's Lair Abyss.

Asmus TietchensHumoresken Und Vektoren (CD, Auf Abwegen)

I'm by no means a fan of all of Tietchens' work, but this is one his albums that I really like. The Humoreske pieces seem to me to recall some of his austere '80s works in character: somewhat mechanistic, alien-sounding pieces, but whereas I don't like the Formen Letzter Hausmusik album, for example, these pieces are great. The Tristia and Vektor pieces are different in character, more ambientish, with a slight "microsound" touch, but always with an odd atmosphere, so Tietchens-like, that makes sure they aren't really ambient after all.

Francois BayleL'Expérience Acoustique (3LP, Recollection GRM)

Electroacoustic music in the INA-GRM tradition, still my favourite in this genre. It's a bit exhausting to listen to this work as it's 3 records and not an easy listen anyway. Some parts are quite minimalistic, with just (or almost only) an electronic tone going on, which gives the album kind of an "introverted" character – although there are busy parts too, like where Bayle uses samples, for example. Overall, as usual with INA-GRM, there's a rich palette of sounds and structures.

ConstrainOption To Hide (tape, New Forces)

Ordered this after reading praises about Constrain on the forum and got it yesterday in the mail. What a pleasant surprise! I didn't expect it to be this good. Nothing new under the sun, just a well-crafted, dynamic, powerful and great-sounding harsh noise tape. Am about to order his new tape, The Boundary. As said before by others, highly recommended if you want new, quality noise.

eyestrain

Grunt "Sacrosanct Imperium" (Freak Animal): Revisiting this while I impatiently await the next two tapes' arrival. "Gas Fumes" is, bar none, one of the best tracks ever put out from the project. The panic, the hysteria, the bodies. It's all there.

Deterge "Fundamental Acoustic" (Fusty Cunt): After the late-night decimation at MAPS, I had to pay greater attention. And this is honestly some of the most exciting PE I've heard in some time. The influences are there, of course, but the execution is that of a master. Vocal range is a wonderful treat and the quality of the tracks is tops. Feel exhausted and filthy when the last side stops. Glory.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: eyestrain on May 05, 2016, 07:23:48 PM
Grunt "Sacrosanct Imperium" (Freak Animal): Revisiting this while I impatiently await the next two tapes' arrival. "Gas Fumes" is, bar none, one of the best tracks ever put out from the project. The panic, the hysteria, the bodies. It's all there.

This pretty much nails it. Loved Myth of Blood but this tape and specifically "Gas Fumes" is on another level.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

bitewerksMTB

H.C.O.D. "Instruments of Destiny" tape, Fieldwork- excellent tape with lots of feedback, junk metal, droning and blown-out electronics for atmosphere. Would love to hear a full-length LP is in the works for this project. I think pretty much everything I have from Fieldwork is damn good.