PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcreteMascara

Alberich - Of Man, Of Genius - as said elsewhere on the forum this is a really good tape. Better than I expected. Really nice vocal delivery especially on the b-side

SNUFF - Male Supremacy - the a-side reminds me of In The Spot Light just a bit with that pulsating crunchy synth line.

The New Blockaders - First Live Performance - got this as a gift from my sister. Fucking killer

Robedoor - Raiders - progression into more psych territory with less drone. Best thing I've heard by the group.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

mystikum

Caucasian Colony - Modern Slavery -  Really enjoying this release.  Heavily structured PE .  With the exception of the second track (which has some interesting low/spoken sounding vocals) the vocal work is really well mixed  and almost instrumental at times.  The instrumental pieces are harsh and vary enough in structure and sound to make them complement the other tracks and enjoyable to listen to.  Best Posh Isolation I have heard.  Not to say the other stuff from the label isn't good, but this is more up my alley.

Ashley Choke

Alot more PI stuff in this vein will see the light of day soon.

Copenhagen PE is happening at the moment.

RyanWreck

My favorite Posh Isolation noise release is still Damien Dubrovnik - Songs for Loviatar. Repetitive, structured crunch with building movements of droning Noise and awesome Black Metal styled Vocals. 

P-K

played the Hole In The Heart tape A LOT, good to hear Spear Flowers blazing in full glory now......awesome

P-K

Dan Joseph : nr3  cassette ....excellent ritual/drone scapes

Strömkarlen

The Cosmic Serpent The Cosmic Renovation & End of Time [Fang Bomb] Tape
Clusterish/Tangerine Dreamish music that works for me when I'm in a cosmic mood. If it had been Emeralds on the cover the 50 copies had been gone in matter of seconds. Now it is still available. I kind of like that.

Mattias G

Quote from: Strömkarlen on May 17, 2010, 03:25:23 PM
The Cosmic Serpent The Cosmic Renovation & End of Time [Fang Bomb] Tape
Clusterish/Tangerine Dreamish music that works for me when I'm in a cosmic mood. If it had been Emeralds on the cover the 50 copies had been gone in matter of seconds. Now it is still available. I kind of like that.

Wierd! I got a master and a short letter in the mailbox if i wanted to release this recording a few months ago. Very secret with no contact or e-mails and Fagge/Moptaco Dics won´t tell me who stand by the music since the creator/s wish that. I was not interested to release it since i don´t know the persons who´s behind it but i was very good stuff and the cd-r on Moptaco Dics is awesome.
Do you know who it is? Very curious.

RyanWreck

So far this mourning:

Libertinage - Quick Cum - Seemingly improvised high-end sequel that wakes you up good and quick. Occasional stabs of rumbling buzz in the beginning which eventually, about half-way through, becomes the main aggressor but don't be fooled because that high-end comes back when least expected, in typical Taint fashion, to surprise the shit out of you (headphone wearers beware). There are some highly treated vocals and I have no idea what the hell he is saying but I've never really tried to hear the lyrics they work best as an instrument here. I have always wondered why this work wasn't released under the Taint flag. I would love to see some more Libertinage put out in the future but I won't hold my breath on that.

Neckhold - Black Bile - This one caught me off guard. I had given up on 905 releases because I always got shitty "avant" jazz or droning shit. Neckhold shows that this label does have at least 1 sophisticated taste bud in their palette. Harsh eruptions and nice guttural vocals all unrestrained by the gimmicks that 905 usually put out. If you see this one grab it up.

Grunt - Welfare - Not my favorite Grunt but definitely above average Power Electronics by the modern king of the P.E.. Track 1: Junkie Cunt is almost entirely made up of subtle loops hissing about molded by a natural sense of pace knowing all too well that sometimes this music works better when there is breathing room and when considering the subject matter of this 7'' this style is eerily fitting. This track also has vocals for almost the entire length of the track. Track 2: Welfare. This one applies the same formula as the last track, subtle droning waves but this time there is some stuttering rhythm underneath it all, the vocals are still present always clear and distinguished, this time however there is a sample from a movie thrown in at the end. I "get" why this sample is here but what I don't get is why someone who has such good tastes and aesthetics actually decided to use it, I think it is the worst sample he has ever used, it feels like it would belong better on a Metalcore CD. This entire 7'', which make up a little over 10 minutes of music, has such a cold and (as I mentioned earlier) eerie mood, everything works conceptually well together except for that damn sample.

RyanWreck

It's a nice day, no work, good tunes to review for my upcoming Zine I might as well put some more shortened version down here of some of the stuff I listened to in the last hour, or rather, since my last post above:

Strict - Kiss - This one still blows me away every time I hear it. If I had to describe it quickly, in 3 words, I would say deviant frequency torture. Although the the range here is incredible and varied Strict behaves best, most organically, with those high-end tones everyone talks about when talking about this album. They do it so well it probably can never be matched, it is sensory violence at its best. All of this with and a lot more (crisp rumbles, delay, etc) including perfectly grating vocals wrapped up in lo-fi production serving up the content in breakneck fashion.

Mauthausen Orchestra - Anal Perversions - You can taste the shit on the tip of your tongue when you're done listening to this one. Dirty, old-school, crusty noise from Italy. M.O., especially during this era (circa mid 80's), seemed to have a large impact on the Power Electronics scene and aesthetics, yet this tape and the sounds heard on this tape are nothing more than rough Noise. No real sense of structure going on, no influence of industrial, no samples, no vocals, nothing here that separates it from being Noise and that is OK with me.

heretogo

Raymond Dijkstra - La Philosophie Des Chiottes 1-sided LP
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Absolutely flawless.

Dead Machines - Plays Kwaidan 7"
Quite nice. More delicate and even sophisticated than one (maybe it's just me?) might expect from this duo. Good for those moments when all you need is some atmosphere.

bitewerksMTB

Going through the PHAGE TAPES 100 6-tape set. So far I've played:

CLIMAX DENIAL- good but not as strong as the recent tape. Could've used vocals.
DISCORDANCE- S1 is good but S2 entitled "What have you done?" is excellant!
MORIBUND- good but not great. heavy PE but 1st song on S2 has nice brutal Jpn-styled noise going on.
SHARPWAIST- nothing special. heavy electronics. no vocals or anything that really stands out.

Still have HUMAN LARVAE,& SEWER GODDESS... I'd recommend checking this out. Phage does a nice job here. Pro tapes which were printed on (type II), nice cover art, bklt, etc.

mystikum

GNAWED - Noise Lesion - some good PE here
H.N.A.S - Melchoir - Thought I had sold this a long time ago.  Glad I didn't.  Not as annoying as a lot of the other stuff from them I have heard.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: pt on May 21, 2010, 02:04:26 AM
H.N.A.S - Melchoir - Thought I had sold this a long time ago.  Glad I didn't.  Not as annoying as a lot of the other stuff from them I have heard.

Played the LP couple times during last couple of weeks. Perhaps the "not as annoying as..." is good description, which can be said about a lot of cut-up's and sound collages. There are lots of great sounds and yet despite my hecticly storming brain not always able to focus, but in the style such as this, the sound snippets so quickly moving to next, sometimes seemingly without much aim, pushes it in very edge of annoying & genious. After all, I do prefer Christoph Heemann solo works over any HNAS I have purchased.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

mystikum

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 21, 2010, 09:16:32 AM
Quote from: pt on May 21, 2010, 02:04:26 AM

Played the LP couple times during last couple of weeks. Perhaps the "not as annoying as..." is good description, which can be said about a lot of cut-up's and sound collages. There are lots of great sounds and yet despite my hecticly storming brain not always able to focus, but in the style such as this, the sound snippets so quickly moving to next, sometimes seemingly without much aim, pushes it in very edge of annoying & genious. After all, I do prefer Christoph Heemann solo works over any HNAS I have purchased.
embarrassed to say, I have never really listened to Christoph Heemann solo works.  My friend, who is obsessed with Mirror, recorded me a copy of 'Solaris',  and I still enjoy it quite a bit , not as much as my friend, but I I understand how someone would appreciate this.

The only other record I have from HNAS is 'Kuttel Im Frost', which is probably the reason I am not a big fan.  I listened to it all the way through, maybe once or twice, and there are some really beautiful passages, and some interesting music, but I really can't deal with the constant abrupt changes, and annoying bits of 'experimental' or whatever someone would call it.  The Melchoir is close to 'music', albeit strange sounding. I suppose it stands out in that respect