PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heretogo

Biota / Mnemonists - Musique Actuelle 1990 cd
I put this on inspired by the Anomalous Records -thread. Not the best Biota / Mnnemonists stuff ever but still highly enjoyable. It's amazing that they can create this strange mass of sound with basically just acoustic instruments. One of the most distinctive musical groups ever and also one most the most "difficult". I think I need to revisit more of this stuff...

The Dead C - Trapdoor Fucking Exit cd
Year after year, this always sounds great! After listening to this or Harsh 70's Reality (the only other Dead C record I have) I always regret not getting more of their releases. Perfect fusion of punk, noise and kraut.

P-K

the marathon mix.... lol

ConcreteMascara

Gorgoroth - Twilight of the Idols (CD)
Gorgoroth - Under The Sign Ov Hell (CD)
Ride For Revenge / Goatmoon - Split (cassette)

both of these are killer.
BizarreSSMania - What's Your Pleasure Sir! (LP)
Deathkey - Doctrine Of Intolerant Hatred (2xLP)
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

P-K

FreakAnimalFinland

BOCKSHOLM cd on autarkeia
If you ask me, I don't have any special high interest in most of projects where these 2 famous guys are involved. I do appreciate those for what they are, but most of the time I don't see them THAT special. But this collaboration project is simply gold. It is kind of prototype industrial noise, with looped metal junks, some guitar drones, clashing scrap, percussive elements. Live show perhaps more to-the-point and noisier than studio works? Some yelling vocals too. Good playingtime, digipak.. recommended.

ORGANOMEHANIZM "Bred Cosmosa" cdr
Well, I have kept saying over and over again how I tend to dislike CDR, but couldn't refuse to spin these Russian releases. This project someone may know for old Ultra label release, and his works with Veprisuicida. This CDR has lots of tracks, it starts almost like playing new era Whitehouse from walkman and doing some raw noises on top. But it does progress into more. Radio noises, russian speeches, cracles, hiss, broken sounds. It's is extremely lo-fi and unpleasant in standards of "music". It's simplicity and hand made "unedited" approach demands certain amount of will to go the difficult route, but in the end I say this material simply pisses over a lot of things what PE/industrial scene offers in the "west". I think there is need for someone to start issuing some of these hidden Russian jewels on CD format...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Max

gelsomina 7"+tape
the haters & k2 7"
the haters "truncated formica" 7"
xe "white power" tape 2
prurient "church of ammunition" 7"

Ritual

Burial Hex "Bagirwa Hymn" LP (Von)
This is really great material from Burial Hex. A lot more subtle and mature than his early material. Two side-long pieces of rather melodic ambient that turns more and more industrial as the pieces progress. Sometimes changes are abrupt, sometimes more gradual. Lots of nice details.

klono

Ash Borer Drukne/Untitled I (tape)
Goatmoon/Xenophobic Ejaculation split (7")
Goatmoon Death Before Dishonour (tape) : the whole side B includes bonus tracks which were on the CD-R included with LP + other unreleased tracks!

Steve

Astral Social Club "Metal Oblation"
Astral Social Club "#21"
Early Hominids "Bathz"
Devation Social LP on Dias
John Cooper Clarke "Snap, Crackle And Bop"

and now some Section 25 to remember Larry Cassady (RIP) by.....

bitewerksMTB

TEAROOM TRADE "anonymous sex" tape on Danvers State; solid anon. U.S. PE about faggy bathroom sex

bogskaggmannen

BURZUM "Belus" 2LP
- I'm only into side two yet but so far so good. Nothing overwhelmingly new and perhaps better off for it - no big pretensions musicwise. Maybe a slight bit more melodic? I lost interest after "Hvis lyset tar oss" - didn't really get the "Filosofem" album and never heard any of the synth based ones. This seems to be more my cup of tea.

Matthias

Been spinning the Belus 2xLP today as well. Pretty good, but not fantastic. Will have to give it more time though..

andy vomit

i've got so much new shit to listen to it's disgusting...

DEATHKEY - Doctrine of Intolerant Hatred 2LP
COMA DETOX - Volatile Debasement CS
MOURMANSK 150 - La Guerre, L'Anarchie Et Le Chaos CD
HALTHAN - Corrupt CS
FEAR KONSTRUCTOR - Philosophy of Conflict CS
GRUNT - Petturien Rooli
STREICHER - IR reissues
BRIGHTER DEATH NOW - Why 12"
CON-DOM & THE GREY WOLVES - Many Are Called But Few Get Up 12"
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on March 01, 2010, 10:48:32 PM
BURZUM "Belus" 2LP
- I'm only into side two yet but so far so good. Nothing overwhelmingly new and perhaps better off for it - no big pretensions musicwise. Maybe a slight bit more melodic? I lost interest after "Hvis lyset tar oss" - didn't really get the "Filosofem" album and never heard any of the synth based ones. This seems to be more my cup of tea.

Been listening both, 2xLP and the CD version, and one can say that clearly the best thing what has come from norway since glory days. There is only one crappy song on this album, otherwise I'd rate it very highly even in such impressive discography. Some complained vocals are different, but they were already different before. And band never did two similar albums. This is amazingly simple, and not afraid of bringing new style of riffs/melodies yet remain very much rooted in sound what there always was. One can also give credit that unlike many BM bands, design actually has gotten better. Lack of lengthy keyboard tracks is good. There are still very minimalistic tracks, which are something that many bands seem to not be able to do. When almost nothing happens, you finally get into basic elements of what is good and bad in (black)metal. The best bands have courage to just do this, and not try to to impress you with something more complex or supposedly revolutionary.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net