PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

LR - Exile LP (Posh Isolation)
Absolutely gorgeous soloalbum from one half of Damien Dubrovnik. Clean and "numb" sounding electronics with a cold feeling, sound being somewhat reminiscent of the recent and also very good LR/Puce Mary collaboration LP. Nice textures and a mellow and sombre touch which i really appreciate. Occasional vocals. PI tapes can be hit or miss, but the vinylreleases is obviously where it really, really shines.

Implicit Ruin CDR
First demo of new Gothenburg project, released in late 2010 but i just revisited this again. Full throttle synthnoise, first i compared this to Keränens Bats in The Attic since i got them around the same time, and it's maybe not too far away in sound? Hectic, a bit all over the place, energic noise attack. The recording is too long to keep my interest going all the way, and much of it being improvised, some parts could have been cut down to give this a better flow i think. Still, for a first recording, this is impressive. Debutshow earlier this year was a bit different, and sounded more like power electronics.

sportfan

Sickness / John Wiese – Amnesia
Pretty much some of the best HN I have heard in years.  Super fast cutups.  I am interested in the contribution of each artist?  I am also surprised that this is the first 7" form sickness. 

Zeno Marx

Doom - World of Shit
Doom - Monarchy Zoo
Doom - Rush Hour of the Gods
Doom - Back and Gone
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Colin Martin

Quote from: andy vomit on May 06, 2011, 06:10:55 PM
Quote from: murderous_vision on May 06, 2011, 01:02:42 AM
Quote from: Ashmonger on May 05, 2011, 09:15:08 PM
Defiler - V.III (CDr, self-released): Good Dark Ambient/Industrial stuff. Got quite some guest-work (one track made by each: Camisole and T.O.M.B.; and J.Stillings (Steel Hook Prosthesis) did some vocals and additional sounds), but it works. The overall dark atmosphere is kept very well and rather homogenous. J.Stillings vocals are of course very well recognizable, and where I think they wouldn't fit in with every other project, it goes with Defiler. Guess he was rather inspired by SHP overall. If you're into this kind of thing, definately worth checking out.

Defiler is an amazing project for sure!

agreed 100%.  "V.III" is a great disc, and i'm very much looking forward to the MURDEROUS VISION/DEFILER 7"...

Anyone know how to track this guy down for an interview?He seems pretty hard to get a hold of,Iam pretty new here and I dont have a Facebook account but I was fortunate to track down his V.III cd and would like to interview him for a mag I am working on.Any help would be great!

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: sportfan on June 06, 2011, 02:53:09 AM

Sickness / John Wiese – Amnesia
Pretty much some of the best HN I have heard in years.  Super fast cutups.  I am interested in the contribution of each artist?  I am also surprised that this is the first 7" form sickness. 

I recall it was collaboration made in-person sessions. Not mail..
It is a great 7". Of course, when both artists are into sharp and clear, often with digital in-you-face sound, CD single would be perhaps doing the most justice for the aimed perfection of the sound.
But concerning length and style, 45rpm 7" to me sounds great. And most of all, very healthy in times of muddy and clumsy noise releases.
Of course some prefer HIV infected rusty mora, but it's good for a change to get total stab in the face with sharp & clean surgical instrument. 
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Matthias

Underground Sweden Tape (Harsh Head Rituals)
Nice one, still hits all the way home. One track each from Ochu, Sewer Election, Treriksröset and Regim. It's really hard to pick a winner here. Reissue this on vinyl.

White Nights 4xTape (Private Edition)
Another great Swedish documentation i haven't listened to in a long time. Favorite sides? Vårtgård and Treriksröset.

Ashley Choke

Family Underground - Un tratto di malinconia / CD / Turgid Animal / 2011

Just got this, If recent offerings from this long running CPH outfit (this being their ninth studio album) has showed a leaning towards a more industrialized sound. This could be said to be the band's first proper Industrial record. The drone pieces of the past are still present but in a more controlled and subtle way, adding even further to the psychedelic experience, and tying together 5 harsh industrial tracks. At times this will remind you of Whitehouse, Godflesh and more than anything else TG, complete with screamed desperate vocals and harsh oscillating synths. The disc flows extremely well and this together with the unorthodox artwork invokes an almost soundtrack like atmosphere . I urge everybody into oldschool industrial not to let the bands background trick you into not giving this album the attention it deserves. I'm extremely proud to be featured briefly on this release, and assure you that I'm being as objective as possible when I say that I can't recommend this enough

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Zeno Marx on June 06, 2011, 04:59:40 AM
Doom - World of Shit
Doom - Monarchy Zoo
Doom - Back and Gone

Did you catch them at MDF? They played a great set.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

RyanWreck

Prurient - Many Jewels Surround the Crown (Hospital, 2011) - This is pretty boring synth-pop disguised by Harsh Noise. The B-side is just as hollow and devoid of anything good.

+ some Macronympha live video sets.

Niko

MKRL - I tape

Very good tape, talented analog "ambient"/experimental music.
It is such an good tape that I find it pretty surprising that no one has mentioned this tape yet on this forum.
Seems like it's sold out from the label already, too bad for those who don't have it.
www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on June 06, 2011, 05:04:29 PM
Quote from: Zeno Marx on June 06, 2011, 04:59:40 AM
Doom - World of Shit
Doom - Monarchy Zoo
Doom - Back and Gone

Did you catch them at MDF? They played a great set.
I did not.  Someone described them as "HEAVY" in one of their recent shows, and that was all the trigger I needed to go back and listen to the least familiar albums and Rush Hour (since it is a favorite).
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: NIKOZ on June 06, 2011, 06:57:17 PM
MKRL - I tape

It is such an good tape that I find it pretty surprising that no one has mentioned this tape yet on this forum.
Seems like it's sold out from the label already, too bad for those who don't have it.

I remember I did review/playlist comments of it, AND that I also forwarded to artist the link about it, but can't find it. Not by search nor manually going through my message history. So I wonder where it was posted...
Good tape, and perhaps also when people check out members behind it, could be interest for those into sludge etc to see what they guys can do.

Zeno Marx

MKRL - I tape

self-explanatory, isn't it?  how small of a pressing was it?  these micro-pressings, if it was one, don't encourage discussion for obvious reasons.
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

hannes

White - Tears Of Piss, CS
Werewolf Jerusalem - The Last To Know, CS
Keränen - Moon Over Torrelorca, CD
Caucasian Colony - Stars Of Africa, CS

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Zeno Marx on June 06, 2011, 09:47:45 PM
MKRL - I tape

self-explanatory, isn't it?  how small of a pressing was it?  these micro-pressings, if it was one, don't encourage discussion for obvious reasons.

100 copies pro-tapes, nice artwork and special packaging. I don't think it's particularly "micro" edition. Anyone who wants to hear it, I recall R.L. = Ryan of Unearthly Trance, has whole thing uploaded in bandcamp of something?