Special Interest
October 07, 2022, 08:48:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 565 566 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 576
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 4214990 times)
ZT and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
MHK

« Reply #8550 on: May 29, 2022, 12:02:57 PM »

Emil Beaulieau - Moonlight in Vermont
Excellent harsh noise with ear for detail and building tension. Can this all be made on turntables? At his best, EB certainly was America's greatest living noise artist.

Mania - Armed to the Teeth
Here's another of America's greatest noise artists, albeit a dead one. Field recordings from a shooting range combined with high quality crude MANIAK noise. Less metal junk than on his later recordings I think, but superb nonetheless. Love the finale where they're shooting at a car. That's some proper noise there buddy.
Zeno Marx
Overkill user

« Reply #8551 on: May 29, 2022, 07:42:23 PM »

The Rita - Szamanka

Listening to a clip of this reminds me of a more active Sukora and the world of 2673 (where is he now?).  I realize this isn't new territory for The Rita in the minimalist, theoretical period, so 2673 comparisons have been there for a while now.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
AKTI Records

« Reply #8552 on: May 29, 2022, 08:29:09 PM »

Peenemunde - II (FA)

Cold, "circular saw" -type of drones, low end buzzing and high end screeches. Lot`s of stuff happening, but all the elements seem to chat pretty well with each other so the release does not give a hasty feel. The atmosphere is more like isolated & violent... Both PD and PPT are pretty marinated in this field of sound and you can hear it from II. I guess I need to listen to this more than once to form a proper opinion, but after first round of listening this feels like a real solid release!
HateSermon
user

« Reply #8553 on: May 29, 2022, 10:49:44 PM »

Mania - Armed to the Teeth
Here's another of America's greatest noise artists, albeit a dead one. Field recordings from a shooting range combined with high quality crude MANIAK noise. Less metal junk than on his later recordings I think, but superb nonetheless. Love the finale where they're shooting at a car. That's some proper noise there buddy.

I’d have so say that this is probably my favorite Mania material. Just total ripping metal samples and you can almost feel the heat of the pavement at that texas shooting range. Wouldn’t mind a vinyl reissue of this!
Sadomaniac
user

« Reply #8554 on: May 30, 2022, 02:24:41 AM »

Scum F.C. - Proper Dogging

More kitchen sink scumnoise from the master! Great samples and a thick zine as well. B side has almost Whitehouse-style screeching "this is proper dogginngggg!". Always surprised this theme of UK lower classes isn't used by more people. Off the top of my head can think of Wertham, STAB Electronics, Natural Orthodoxy, surely there's others... so many topics to exploit there.
MHK

« Reply #8555 on: May 30, 2022, 03:07:42 PM »

Aprapat - s/t 2CD compilation

Excellent and varied noise, ranging from weirdo sound collage to full-on harsh blast and metal junk party. A bit of New Blockaders here, a bit of Haters there, but still original and unique, and always a handmade or even "rustic" feel.
Stipsi
user

« Reply #8556 on: May 31, 2022, 01:39:39 PM »

Eccitazione Cadaverica: Contro Le Vostre Viscere Malate.
Great 80s italian death power electronics.
One of my favourite output of mr. Cazzodio/Naxal Protocol

Pervert and Proud
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #8557 on: May 31, 2022, 03:05:52 PM »

Day of obscure Finnish noise / experimental stuff..
HAUDAT debut tape, 2022, broken simple but very good noise. I have no idea if this guy did noise before, but could be his very first time. For fans of Capers, Amek-Maj, H.Ö.H. kind of raw and rugged, but not the obscene/filthy..
AUGEMENTED ATROCITY "dejadent intent" tape, guy from Kovana with his solo works. I know they were exposed to noise with things like certain era of Prurient... and I would say that Prurient, Loke Rahbek earlier solo (LR) stuff and a bit more to euro power electronics additions and we are pretty near..
LIMINAL ARCHEOLOGY series 3 tape, sounds a bit more clean and "atmospheric" than previous sauna primitivism? Ruralist wasteland approach always been there, now waving and dysfunctioning analogue tapes, almost tribal prescussions and all sorts of experimental sounds.
VÄKIPYÖRÄ "Great Songs of Väkipyörä" tape, more experimental music tape. At best it is drone, guitar feedback or gloomy synthetic sounds with spoken samples, but you'll have psych"rock", almost bluesy guitar experiments etc. too
HAARE "Dimension ripper" tape, well, this is more in category of bands people know of! After bunch of so great CD albums, it feels a bit like Haare taking it easy with small run tape being filled with less amazing stuff? Its decent, it is good, but kind of feels like for albums was best things, and this... ain't among them.
KYLMÄKOVAMAA "pimeyteen" tape, I know bunch of people have said you can't keep up with Finnish bands when you don't often remember their odd names. I would assume Kylmäkovamaa goes into that category. I would suspect it doesn't really matter as where you'd even buy this? I have couple in my physical store, but seems almost too good tape to sell to "whoever", eh eh.. Think of guy who is not formerly known from any noise projects, but comes up with tape that blends in like monolithic gloomy Haare'ish, Pain Nail'ish droning manual industrial-waste soundscape, but soon drags it into Biz-Up of even Clinic of T. filth chambers. It has lots of elements what Finn noise is known for, but still has its own identity here.
Hopefully some of these will eventually be on Terässinfonia CD series so wider world can hear their works...

Hal Hutchinson self titled tape ain't Finnish noise, but man has been visiting here many times when it was possible. This tape is filled with lots of tapeloops of massive metal-factory type of atmosphere. No shaker-boxes, no contact mic close-ups, but very interesting different size and shape sounds, and loops always are clearly selected with taste that each loop has almost musical feel to it how structure goes.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
cr
Diehard user

« Reply #8558 on: June 05, 2022, 04:58:35 PM »

Can those Finnish tapes be bought somewhere?
MHK

« Reply #8559 on: June 06, 2022, 07:35:37 AM »

Kommando RJF - Sweet Slow Suicide

Kids! This is how you take very simple elements - synth pulse'n'buzz, a layer or two of noise and feedback and vocals - and make a stunningly brilliant power electronics album. A bit like early SPK with added vodka/drugs and filth.
moozz
user

« Reply #8560 on: June 12, 2022, 09:55:47 PM »

Vetrophonia - Dadacacophonia Dao tape on Zhelezobeton
Tasty industrial, sometimes noisy, sometimes quiet. Plenty of parts with samples from what sounds like movies and records, arranged in a way that often sounds very DADA and CACOPHONIA.

The Rita/Kakerlak - Delta Bayou Whore-House tape
Ripping harsh noise from both! Crunchy turbulent storm from The Rita and screechy ass-kicking full of action from Kakerlak. Excellent release.
MHK

« Reply #8561 on: June 19, 2022, 10:48:03 AM »

Some really good stuff:

SSRI - Ritual Workings CD
Compilation of two tapes but you get the feeling that you're listening to a thought out album whole. Harsh, dynamic, weird and at times painful. The best I've heard from them.

Mo*Te - Taste Die Mad CD
Love this combination of harsh attack and psychedelic touch.

Aaron Dilloway & John Wiese - Sniper Counter Sniper CD
I was expecting something with more "artistic" bent, but this was goddamn noise, plain and simple. Good combination of both guys' styles here.
MT
Heavy user

« Reply #8562 on: June 19, 2022, 05:19:53 PM »

Mika Taanila - ”The Cleaning Tape”

Sounds on this tape are told to be extracted from weekly cleaning at home. Sources are probably mostly from vacuuming treated electronicslly afterwards. And sure sounds like it, ambientish tape with a hurring and whirring sound dominating the soundscape. Occasional rumbles here and there. Last track on the tape has most variation, making it the most interesting track on the tape. At times the tracks gets almost noisy textures. Definately a curiosity!

Aprapat - ”Reef Crasher” tape

Probably the wildest Aprapat release to date I have heard. Merciless metal junk fest with the trademark ripping sound,  precision and intent. There’s nice layers of room sound metal clatter and in your face screaming metals. Some parts are coming from seprate speaker, creating a rich mix of total noise madness! B-side gets a bit more easygoing, quieter parts that abruptly might explode into noise, and sometimes they continue with other minimal sounds. One song had an odd sound that I can’t tell if it’s warped flute playing or what, since the tape is called Reef Crasher, I keep thinking of pan flutes of Polynesia, go figure. Yet another excellent tape from Aprapat, not a surprise though.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 05:22:59 PM by MT » Logged
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #8563 on: June 21, 2022, 06:08:58 PM »

Can those Finnish tapes be bought somewhere?

I'll have Haudat on list tomorrow and Kylmäkovamaa tapes are on the way right now.. Liminal... tapes are on list.
Other couple is not available at the moment.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
AlexDenial

« Reply #8564 on: June 21, 2022, 06:35:42 PM »

Molester ”Rostov-On-Donu” CDR
maybe one of his very first ones? Live show from 2008 on pro-CDR, but privately distributed. Some of his works is leaning more to ”power electronics” - perhaps most of all due the themes. This one, surely it can be filed under vile and disapproved interests, but musically pretty straight forward live harsh electronics. I remember meeting him in one of Japanese gigs, and man gave me bunch of items and some magazine as gift. Decade later, still appreciated!

I think now there could be good time for some label to try to do anthology of forgotten years of Japanese noise. Just to see if it would be appreciated like the oldies always get attention no matter if wouldn't be absolute best.

Molester was an amazing project. There were plans to release a Molester / Climax Denial split many years ago, but the plans fell apart due to health reasons. I should try to contact him to see if he has been working on anything in the last decade...
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 576
  Print  

Jump to: