PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: RyanWreck on September 24, 2010, 10:32:45 AM
Order of Nine Angels - Possession (2008)

Is ONA connected to actual ONA? I recall there was interview in some zine lately, but can't now focus my mind where it was. There are some artists nowadays who are "officially" ONA related sounds, so it would be curious if there is band using the name, as well as artists connected to actual thing working within almost same field...

Anyways, the playlist.. was away from the stereos for several days, but now, first thing ARYAN AQUARIES. This is pretty much just the overall theme of recent listening. Last recording before "holiday" was Current 93 "dogs blood rising" LP, now first thing to spin when back home AA "meet their waterloo" LP. Psychedelic rock from David Tibet and bunch of others. 1987 release on Laylah antirecords, but apart from name and connections, not that special. Good listening, though, if you compare to too produced modern day alternatives like Devils Blood or such. I'll choose this anyday. This album at least reeks of sort of genious irregularity.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

Ohtar - Petrified Breath of Hope CD - On the same level of quality as Human Fuel of Death. The songs are little less complicated and diverse but this overlooked by the even better atmospheric sections which feature clean guitar. These sections break things up and help to avoid potential monotony. The production standards are pretty high, especially when compared to other NSBM bands. I think this works to Ohtar's benefit because it allows the arrangements to shine.

Selbstmord - Spectre of Hate CD - Ohtar's more furious and ragged younger brother? At least it sounds like it here. The riffs are very jagged and not as varied but the tempo is increased. A good album but not as good as...

Selbstmord - Dawn of a New Era CD - Better riffs, more balanced production and completely unhinged vocals. Getting closer to current Ohtar territory while still keeping things faster and more violent.

Bizarre Uproar - Musta Rotta 7" - Controlled, unnerving, filthy and seething with anger. I'm willing to say if you were only to get one BU release this year, make it this one. But I'm probably just preaching to the choir.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

RyanWreck

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 28, 2010, 10:00:58 PM
Quote from: RyanWreck on September 24, 2010, 10:32:45 AM
Order of Nine Angels - Possession (2008)

Is ONA connected to actual ONA? I recall there was interview in some zine lately, but can't now focus my mind where it was. There are some artists nowadays who are "officially" ONA related sounds, so it would be curious if there is band using the name, as well as artists connected to actual thing working within almost same field...

No, they are not. I know this not because I've spoken to the 09A guy about it (although I am not saying he doesn't practice) but because I know, through 2 sources, and have meet the man (David "Myatt") who started the actual O9A. He is doing something light years away from culling camps and Lucifer. If another cult outside of the original exists then it isn't because of him or any of his disciples (at least not any that made it far enough to initiate others). Since the universal change in guidance there have been no universal Chiefs of the Order, there would be absolutely not authentic link to any of the "intelligence" which started the lineage in the first place. Therefore if someone out there is initiating under the name O9A they are not the real-deal. They may be legit in connection to these prater-human intelligences giving them the "go ahead" with initiation, but they are still not a surviving chain from the original. They would simply be stealing the name. With all of that being said, David's methods were all too physical and, really, alot of people could instruct those types of teachings without being in contact with anything outside of the material place. As someone once said: "The ONA has taught the most efficient way to curse someone. You send them a nailbomb." I think all that is left of the "Order" now is basically some far-right wing British people with an apatite for destruction and "averse" things such as Satanism. David, on the other hand really looked for a spiritual connection in order to help him bring down the "the capitalist-consumer West and international finance". He has since found that in the practical Jihad of Islam.

*edit* I think the Zine you are referring to is "Troubled Sleep #1" from Narcolepsia? The guy from the Noise project O9A said it best in that Zine himself when he quoted Stephen Brown.

Ashmonger

Deströyer 666 - To The Devil His Due: a collection of their 7" tracks, probably not their best material in general, but there definately are some good tracks on it, so worth the purchase if you really like this band, as I do.

Deathkey/Bizarre Uproar: just had a first listen, but this definately sounds nice! Fine layout of the inserts as well.

nyarluna

Over the last week:

Alfarmania- At Ulleraker/Kodon/Kofotsrekyl

Gaze Campaign- Gestalt Bruise

kettu

"Thiocarbamide" CD put out by Phage Tapes

bought it and listened to it. first thoughts: not as good as the troniks cd but not bad. the violin didnt sound at all what I expected. it sounded like a monkey playing it. didnt hear chords or anything eerie. it was more like somebody franticly sawing at it.

FreakAnimalFinland

ANDREW CHALK & RALF WEHOWSKY & ERIC LANZILLOTTA  "yang tul" LP
Anomalous
Good stuff. I think something feels different, when Chalk seems to be in "real studio" doing sounds based on RLW. It's from 1997, and has the good non-computerized feel. Nothing is edited too nicely. On other wise RLW is using two other guys in 1988. Is it mistake in liner notes or really 10 years earlier, who knows? Despite decade time span, it fits well greatly. Electro-acoustic, arty sound crafting with moderate use of effects, in favor of interesting original sounds. Not too much of quiet/utmost silence, but things consistently happening. Great sound & quality overall.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zeno Marx

Jim Haynes - Sever 2009
Stonemill grind droning - good album, but not a great album - typical in ways - rather disappointing because I had very high expectations for this album - just doesn't have the tonal/production aspect making it stick out of the pack - the bonus CDr of the ltd.ed. has the best, most powerful track.

David Coulter-Michael Gira-Jean Marie Mathoul-Charlemagne Palestine - Gantse Mishpuchah 2004
First track brings to mind Null in his extraordinary Water Period, Palestine's minimalism, and something maybe Jackman would finalize in tone, or maybe I'm thinking of how rich and deep Keith Rowe's sounds can be; also has an organicness to it that makes me think of Voice of Eye - that organic feel comes close to something you might hear on Aural Hypnox, but it definitely isn't ritualistic; more experimental with field recording makings.  2nd track grows and multiplies into a powerful machination - this 2nd track also falls into an ugly rhythm for a moment or two, as if someone in this grouping was listing to ANY dub ambient; YUCK; but it only ventures there for maybe two minutes.  Track three continues with the plush timbres, but it also flushes out the possibility that there might be too many chefs in this kitchen; it's more experimental and busy, sometimes defeating the quality ambiance; and here again we come upon a distracting rhythm...and there it goes (THANKFULLY) - if you could edit [maybe] five minutes out of this album, it would be so much better than it already is.  Worth it for the first track alone, but the entire album was a solid, interesting, high-quality surprise.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

hannes

This morning:
Källarbarnen - st, CS (GBG Blood Cult)
Hum Of The Druid - Norse Fumigation, LP (SNSE)
FFH - Anything Is Possible, CS (Hospital)
Coca Cola 3 - Pipkrake, CS (Flacon)
Heinz Hopf - st, CS
Suma / Pyramido, LP (Head)

Max

RAMLEH "HAND OF GLORY" lp
S.P.I.T.E. "VIOLENCE" lp
HAKARISTI tape
NYRKKI & KYRPÄ II tape
ANTIPAKT 7''
BU "MUSTA ROTTA" 7''
ALFARMANIA / ÄTTESTUPA lp
DEVO "Q: ARE WE NOT MEN..." lp
SMC HOODRATS
AUNT MARY 7'' on turgid animal
THE NEW BLOCKADERS reissue lps
UMPIO "MUELAS" cd
MACRONYMPHA "INTENSIVE CARE" cd-r cos somebody stole a bunch of my cds some years ago, i'm left with the covers

Mattias G

Klinikal Skum-Chosen Powerless CD (Expectorant Recordings)
Exploring Jezebel-Penis Torture Chamber CS (Hospital)
Carlos Giffoni-Severance CD (Hospital)
Hum Of The Druid-Norse Fumigation LP (SNSE)
V.A Bacterium CD (Adeptsound)
Dead Machines & John Wiese-Failing Lights LP (Rococo Records)

P-K

dark multilayered pe/industrial, similar to Control or Gruntsplatter but vocals are not as buried.....excellent!

Ashmonger

Sick Seed - The Great Corrupter: Nice LP, not exactly what I had expected, had expected something a bit more extreme. However, I think this is good stuff. Brooding atmosphere.

Bizarre Uproar - Musta Rotta 7": Sick stuff! What is there more to say? I like it.

Snuff - Male Suppremacy 7": A side has a bit too much feedback to my feeling, I think if you listen this with earphones it's fatal for your ears. B side, which has more of the distorted noise as well as the feedback, is more to my likings.

Antipakt - Fuck Them Where They Breath 7": Good stuff! I know there's been quite some fuss around this release and some people seemed to think that it was all about presentation and not about the music, but it's not. The music (non-music, whatever) is really good.

RyanWreck

Quote from: Ashmonger on October 05, 2010, 11:03:34 AM
Sick Seed - The Great Corrupter: Nice LP, not exactly what I had expected, had expected something a bit more extreme. However, I think this is good stuff. Brooding atmosphere.

I felt the same way about this when I first listened to it and wondered why it was on so many "top of 2009" lists. It took my American tastes awhile to get used to it but now, I would say it is one of my personal favorites.

Snuff - Male Suppremacy 7": A side has a bit too much feedback to my feeling, I think if you listen this with earphones it's fatal for your ears. B side, which has more of the distorted noise as well as the feedback, is more to my likings.

Both sides have a good amount of crunch considering it's a Snuff release. With that being said "Male Supremacy" is the best Snuff track yet.

GEWALTMONOPOL

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...