Special Interest
January 21, 2020, 01:15:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Metgumbnerbone 2CD  (Read 192 times)
impulse manslaughter and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Yrjö-Koskinen
user

Hate globally, act peripherally

« on: January 20, 2020, 09:00:18 PM »

Well, well! A double Metgumbnerbone double CD with a bunch of rarities I have never heard, as well as a selection from the official releases. Not a complete reissue of Ligeliahorn or Drëun though, only a few tracks from each. It's going to be great to hear rare stuff I've missed out on, including the tracks from Drëun, and by and large this is a joyous occasion and cause for additional whiskey.

However: I would have thought that including at least the full album would have made the most sense, given that there are no reissues available at all apart from an odd CDr from "Ploughmyth International". While I'm happy for this release and don't want to be some kind of asshole I can't help wondering... Are we protecting the financial value of the original vinyls here? I haven't heard the tape, so in that case I suppose it might be that the actual quality doesn't live up to the hype, but Ligeliahorn is pretty much a perfect album, and it would have been great had it been reissued in its entirety.

Thoughts?

https://www.oldeuropacafe.com/catalog/category/metgumbnerbone-anthropological-field-recordings.html

impulse manslaughter
Heavy user

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 10:00:58 PM »

That LP is pretty high on my wantlist, such great record. Saw this 2CD announced and wasn't sure what to think, strange cover art for sure but not in a good way. A 3CD with Ligeliahorn on one disc, Drëun on one disc and some bonus material on one disc + some original artwork would be something I'd order without thinking. We'll see about this one.

Was listening to the Curfew Recordings last week. Also A+ material.
W.K.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 11:19:05 PM »

'selected tracks'
strange cover art
Tracks have been re-titled for this release.
low-on-information package
does not provide many answers
« Last Edit: Today at 12:26:29 AM by W.K. » Logged

...and nothing of value is gained.
Yrjö-Koskinen
user

Hate globally, act peripherally

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:22:48 AM »

That LP is pretty high on my wantlist, such great record. Saw this 2CD announced and wasn't sure what to think, strange cover art for sure but not in a good way. A 3CD with Ligeliahorn on one disc, Drëun on one disc and some bonus material on one disc + some original artwork would be something I'd order without thinking. We'll see about this one.

Drëun is a C90, so that would be a problem, but otherwise I'm 100% onboard with your view.

One possible interpretation of this strange way of going about things is that the group itself is responsible for track selection (and perhaps also layout). The Ligeliahorn (Redux) reissue was withdrawn "due to internal band conflicts" (https://recordcollectormag.com/articles/noise-art), so perhaps those conflicts were resolved in one way or another, and this is the result. That would explain things like omitting large parts of Ligeliahorn, which makes zero sense from a label/business point of view, but perhaps more so if you're an artist myopically passing judgement on past works.

If this is the case, things stand somewhat better than with any other explanation I can come up with. Still, full reissues of the previous releases would be preferable.

Soloman Tump
user

« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:26:10 AM »

'selected tracks'
strange cover art
Tracks have been re-titled for this release.
low-on-information package
does not provide many answers

Nailed it

Electronic music zine
http://www.snarerush.co.uk
NO PART OF IT
user

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:35:18 AM »

I saw copies of this posted about in October, but no purchase info until now!   Thanks! 

A caterpillar that goes around trying to rip the wings off of butterflies is not a more dominant caterpillar, just a caterpillar that is looking for a bigger caterpillar to crush him.  Some caterpillars are mad that they will never grow to be butterflies.

https://www.nopartofit.bandcamp.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: