Special Interest
July 20, 2019, 05:11:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54]
  Print  
Author Topic: Punk/Hardcore  (Read 218926 times)
moozz
user

« Reply #795 on: July 09, 2019, 04:59:50 PM »

Does anyone know why Dead Kennedys' Jock-O-Rama is retitled as Macho Rama on some version of Frankenchrist? They have even changed the word in the chorus.
absurdexposition
Diehard user

« Reply #796 on: July 09, 2019, 05:16:29 PM »

Does anyone know why Dead Kennedys' Jock-O-Rama is retitled as Macho Rama on some version of Frankenchrist? They have even changed the word in the chorus.

I found info on that a few years ago, and it was because at that time the term "jock" wasn't very well known outside of North America so they "rebranded" it for the international market.

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Primitive Isolation Tactics
APPLE

« Reply #797 on: July 11, 2019, 09:31:33 PM »

The friendship between Final Solution and Sheer Terror is well known. I'll note here that the lyrics to 'Women's Rights' on the 'Mass Death' CD shares a phrase with the live into to 'Just Can't Hate Enough'.

'...rights? I'll give you a right, a left and a kick to the fucking head.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlWRhLtQ6Hs

SHUT UP, PUNK!!!!

Zeno Marx
Diehard user

« Reply #798 on: July 15, 2019, 10:01:36 PM »

Jesus Chrust - I'm Nailed Right In 1991

I don't know what you call this.  I used to think of it as noisecore, but that isn't entirely accurate.  Their Blasphemy 7" is a bit more hardcore and not as good.  It's good, but it doesn't have the same truly weirdo vibe INRI does.  This is caveman shit.  One of my favorite 7"s.  When I listen to this, I want to hear Confusion - Hopeless and vice versa.  One of those Charlie Infection/Johnny X moments of brilliance.

I still miss getting Fudgeworthy and Ax/ction distro flyers in the mail.  Someone should do a zine, or even a coffee table art book, of just their flyers...if anyone still has them.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
breidahl

« Reply #799 on: July 19, 2019, 02:56:12 PM »

Jesus Chrust - I'm Nailed Right In 1991

I don't know what you call this.  I used to think of it as noisecore, but that isn't entirely accurate.  Their Blasphemy 7" is a bit more hardcore and not as good.  It's good, but it doesn't have the same truly weirdo vibe INRI does.  This is caveman shit.  One of my favorite 7"s.  When I listen to this, I want to hear Confusion - Hopeless and vice versa.  One of those Charlie Infection/Johnny X moments of brilliance.

I still miss getting Fudgeworthy and Ax/ction distro flyers in the mail.  Someone should do a zine, or even a coffee table art book, of just their flyers...if anyone still has them.
Yeah, Ax/cion Records! The Audio Espionage 8" introduced me to much great noisecore, noise, death metal, and grindcore back in the day with tracks from Gonkulator, Deceased, Bastard Noise, Malicious Hate, and Ulcer. I think the reason why it ended up in the local distro was because it has tracks by Disjoin, a Danish grindcore project with a guy that was known from a radio show that played many great death metal and hardcore bands back in the day.

It's also great that the Audio Espionage 8" is on the eight-inch format like the Japanese records like Who the Helpless by Kuro (just to be a record collecting geek).
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54]
  Print  

Jump to: